IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

15 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Addenum, When I said that comment about the PS5, I was not trying to offend anyone's life style choice, but the things looks like it was made as a show piece. Or something Lady GAGA would wear.

At least Atari's extended Procrastination will give Taco Tallarico the chance to have the spotlight all to his Amico launch enabling him to carve out his niche early on. I doubt Atari will have anything ready to ship by fall, or next Decade.

I don't care for how the PS5 looks either, but they really have nothing to worry about sales-wise no matter what it looks like. 

Although I hate to keep "defending" the Amico, again, I just don't think it's comparable to the VCS and even if the VCS was out I don't think it would impact the Amico's sales or niche in any way. The Amico has actual original games (whether you think those games are good enough is a different argument), while from all we know of the Atari VCS, it will get a few warmed over PC titles. I just don't see any overlap there for Amico's audience niche. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'll tell ya I thought the Amico was definitely the Ugliest Ass console I'd ever seen,   until they announced the release of the PS5...Sony!  What in bloody Hell is That??

The thing looks like a plastic tulip met an electronic taco, while watching a weird contraption from Adam & Eve.com late at night at a bad modern art museum...(And not in the good way)

PS5-Enhanced-Edition-Console-Hardware-sc

Others thought about the same thing when the Xbone console was revealed- how ugly that was.  Eventually, there will be that guy who buys a brand new console, then smashes it to pieces outside a Best Buy while everyone is waiting to pick up theirs. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

I hope there is a black edition to the ps5 because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the room. 

neither does the tower form factor, never get why the companies push for tower video game systems, like every single thing ever connected to my tv is flat, has been ever since stuff has been made to plug into a tv... what's the point of a tower that doesnt fit anywhere on any entertainment / tv stand 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Osgeld said:

neither does the tower form factor, never get why the companies push for tower video game systems, like every single thing ever connected to my tv is flat, has been ever since stuff has been made to plug into a tv... what's the point of a tower that doesnt fit anywhere on any entertainment / tv stand 

it's not really a tower, it can be in vertical or horizontal position, just like the PS2 back in the days

Yeah to be fair they tend to go both ways for PS, but then furniture isn't made for it. My ps3 slim fits nicely in a box but a piano style would never. I'm assuming ps4 suffers the same fate. 

I guess we won't have any problem with the atari VCS

Because its never going to release

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Come and pre-order your VCS, with underpowered hardware when announced and wont be shipped until it's 5 year lifespan has expired... Seriously though time is ticking away and those backers still haven't their system. This is like ordering the PS4 when it was announced and still waiting to play it.

22 hours ago, Zor said:

it's not really a tower, it can be in vertical or horizontal position, just like the PS2 back in the days

yea PS2, wii XBOX360,PS3,ps4,xbox one ... maybe more every single time its "here's this shiny new console tower wink wink this is what the cool kids do!" (btw you can lay it flat so you can fit it in your entertainment center and not worry about the cat knocking your 500$ toy onto the floor, if you want to be an old man about it)

I don't get their obsession, its like they are trying to compensate for not being a pc or something 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Osgeld said:

yea PS2, wii XBOX360,PS3,ps4,xbox one ... maybe more every single time its "here's this shiny new console tower wink wink this is what the cool kids do!" (btw you can lay it flat so you can fit it in your entertainment center and not worry about the cat knocking your 500$ toy onto the floor, if you want to be an old man about it)

I don't get their obsession, its like they are trying to compensate for not being a pc or something 

The crap thing about them is the cooling / noise profile is so bad on their launch systems that you almost have to have them standing.  Sitting in an entertainment center just causes an echo chamber and amplifies the whining sound for when the system is in high load.

Also, so many heat issues from trying to cram essentially a PC in a small space is detrimental to its health.  I assume this is really why Nintendo went with ARM and portability.

^  Sorry,

I just now realized, that in the course of 1134 pages,  we forgot to answer the question (?)...

New Atari Console That Ataribox?

And the answer is NO.

Edited by GoldLeader
Better late than never that unanswered question?
  • Haha 14

When Atari goes Bankrupt because of this debacle & no one will want to touch them with a 10 foot cattle prod, I wonder who will play Chesnais in the Youtube Originals Documentary? Maybe we can get an Indiegogo set up to hire Ben Stiller. He seems to impart a sort of Pack-Rat like appearance that can pull in views
:D
It can happen, a comedy failure. It all begins with a master plan to offer a fake product that can enable selling off a fictional company called "Hatari", but for some reason 10,000 people actually ordered a product that "Hatari" had no plans to make... let us just say comedic histeria ensues when a bunch of people who know nothing about electronics try to make a videogame console to compete with the 3 goliaths in the industry xD

(Any discription above is pure fictional and in no way represents scumbags that are delaying a promised videogame system after taking millions of dollars from loyal fans... Allegedly)

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OCAT said:

When Atari goes Bankrupt because of this debacle & no one will want to touch them with a 10 foot cattle prod, I wonder who will play Chesnais in the Youtube Originals Documentary?

If only Peter Sellers was still alive...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

5 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

What's the point in linking stuff that we already know?  It's been well-established that just because a machine is up for pre-order it's not a guarantee it will release.

...and yes, i am fully aware that the PS5 (for example) is up for pre-order and therefore not vaporware.  ?

• Haha 8

19 hours ago, OCAT said:

When Atari goes Bankrupt because of this debacle & no one will want to touch them with a 10 foot cattle prod, I wonder who will play Chesnais in the Youtube Originals Documentary? Maybe we can get an Indiegogo set up to hire Ben Stiller. He seems to impart a sort of Pack-Rat like appearance that can pull in views
:D
It can happen, a comedy failure. It all begins with a master plan to offer a fake product that can enable selling off a fictional company called "Hatari", but for some reason 10,000 people actually ordered a product that "Hatari" had no plans to make... let us just say comedic histeria ensues when a bunch of people who know nothing about electronics try to make a videogame console to compete with the 3 goliaths in the industry xD

(Any discription above is pure fictional and in no way represents scumbags that are delaying a promised videogame system after taking millions of dollars from loyal fans... Allegedly)

Bruce Willis would probably be willing to play "Hands in Pants Guy" just for a paycheck.

Bruce Willis as hands in pants guy.png

• Haha 4