IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I would say "No news is good news," but that is no longer applicable.   We found out if you spend some extra money, you can play COD Warzone at low detail and framerate.   There will apparently be native versions of some mobile games.  So if you like spending money on games you could get for free on your cellphone, that's a plus.

• Like 1

^ Just tell them that "Fake News is Good News" as long as it gets people a talkin' about the hottest system on the block
the Atari VCS. This here new contender is gonna drop the competition like a cheap sac of dirt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OCAT said:

^ Just tell them that "Fake News is Good News" as long as it gets people a talkin' about the hottest system on the block
the Atari VCS. This here new contender is gonna drop the competition like a cheap sac of dirt!

And don’t forget, you can play pong on it ?

Or at least we THINK Pong can be played on it ?

• Like 4

well considering every gameplay video of the system has been fake, so obvious even we can see it, what do they expect? What's not been fake is the photo's over the last year or so ... they got some, very few plastic boxes sitting in a factory very thoughtfully shot...

FFS anyone can do that, just send some cad files to smart prototyping or a billion other companies on that side of the ocean and yea you too can have some people in a factory making your shit, its not hard I have done it 5 times in the last decade as a one man contractor in my spare time out in the garage 

doesn't mean you have tens of thousands of units getting ready to ship, it means you have a few thousand dollars for a turnkey op to whip out some soft tooled examples. Hell soft tools are only good for a hundred or so shots, how many do they claim to have? Oh 96 that's convenient considering failure rate. 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

^ Yes, the first day of availability I am going to contact Warranty and tell them my unit does not power on and see how they handle it. I will report back on what they say and how long it takes them to get back to me. They will probably try to tell me to turn it off, wait 12 months and then turn it on and see if it boots up.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, TACODON said:

They announced another game streaming service. AirConsole?

From https://www.accesswire.com/597250/Atari-VCSTM-Partners-with-AirConsole-Cloud-Based-Gaming-Service-to-Offer-Over-150-Original-Single-Player-Casual-and-Multiplayer-Party-Games :

"...friends and families can play together locally using their iOS and Android mobile devices as VCS gamepads."

"Our huge collection of family-friendly games is ideal for the Atari VCS audience, who can immediately benefit from AirConsole's simple phone-based controls and fun couch-side play."

Edit: At first I thought they were "inspired" by the Amico, but AirConsole has been around for a few years... and reviews don't imply that their games are particularly "inspired" at all...

Also: "A wide variety of titles and genres are completely free to play, with more games and additional content available through the inexpensive AirConsole Hero subscription (US $4.99/month)."

Edited by monzamess
  • Like 1

Like the earlier game announcement, I can't deny this is a solid move for the 'Box.  Adding games is what they need to do.  It's unfortunate that l'Atari is resorting to streaming services, and PAID streaming services at that, but you can't fault them for adding new games any way they can.  

The problem (for them) is that a dime-store streaming service should be an "oh-by-the-way" feature, and this announcement is phrased like it's a system seller.  It looks bad because anyone who isn't an idiot will see it for the weak play it is.

• Like 6

Maybe this is how they'll get their own mobile games like Ninja Golf and Night Driver "ported" to the console, lol. 

From all the subscriptions and other hardware/software add-ons you'll have to get for this thing to get the paltry "full experience" that it offers, they should change the name to the Atari NAD (Nickel and Dimer)

• Like 7

^ BLASPHEMER!

You dared to suggest that Atari VCS is not the best console in the world? And that Atari is not the future?!!!!
you shall pay for your Hubris.. Right NOW!

YOU ARE BANNED!

Edited by OCAT

47 minutes ago, The Historian said:

Well it's finally happened. 

Screenshot_20200713-154258.thumb.png.b4675c3daf1da5c070ab2f4fd2c35e01.png

Not sure why, I've only been posting their announcements and newsletters.

Not surprising, considering I got banned simply for quoting their infamous "summer has just begun" games non-announcement last year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The shills on IGG are spinning this to be the best announcement yet. Clearly this is big news for the eventual sequel console?

How about you get one out before you worry about two?

This is also going to revolutionize couch co-op. 

Wait, isn't that what the Amico is doing? I believe the spin doctors on IGG claim that isn't a big deal for the Amico but when Atari does it, now it is a big deal? One or the other, people.

I guess all I can conclude from this is if anyone needs faithful followers for any scheme see if Atari can rent you a few.

• Like 3

^ What does what now?
none of these 2 consoles are even in any public human hands to say that they do in fact actually exist, how are people saying one is better than the other?

This is like an online digital version of the Fyre Festival, except that the company say they ran out of server space and bandwidth.
Nothing really exists but you also ran out of it! this is getting rediculous now. Like watching Mike Kennedy play with a fake SNES in a Jaguar shell, you just watch to see how long this charade is going to go on but at the same time it is just sucking all the life force energy out of you. Where are these fans getting the energy?

World health crisis and these two clowns are not going to capitalize on the fact that many more people are online to see the ads.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TACODON said:

They announced another game streaming service. AirConsole?

The games look like just ordinary flash games.  The free version limits to only 11 games unless you cough up $5 per month, but still the games don't seem very appealing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TACODON said:

The shills on IGG are spinning this to be the best announcement yet. Clearly this is big news for the eventual sequel console?

How about you get one out before you worry about two?

This is also going to revolutionize couch co-op. 

Wait, isn't that what the Amico is doing? I believe the spin doctors on IGG claim that isn't a big deal for the Amico but when Atari does it, now it is a big deal? One or the other, people.

I guess all I can conclude from this is if anyone needs faithful followers for any scheme see if Atari can rent you a few.

Honestly, if it were not for it being a subscription service (God I loathe being forced into buying access to a game on a reoccurring monthly basis) a lot of the games they demoed look like things I would enjoy playing.

I do sometimes enjoy massive world games like Zelda, Fallout and Skyrim; but sometimes you just want to pop in a game and be playing seconds later. This is exactly why my 2600 is hooked to my TV and still sees a lot of use.

The Atari Box also still needs its 'Halo', 'Sonic' or 'Mario' system exclusive game if it is going to be a retail success. This latest announcement is more in my line of gaming interest; but certainly not to the point where I would be considering dropping 400$ on a console for it. Especially when it is locked behind 4.99 a month paywall and once again is something that can be accessed on pretty much any device with internet capabilities.

• Like 4