IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

12 hours ago, The Historian said:

Nope never did that. Only posted what they published online.

There ya go. Copyright infringement. They're trying to recapture Atari's past every way they can. To quote a Centari "As we are returning to the old ways, and copyright infringement lawsuits was always the weapon of choice in the old Atari..."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Historian said:

Well it's finally happened. 

Screenshot_20200713-154258.thumb.png.b4675c3daf1da5c070ab2f4fd2c35e01.png

Not sure why, I've only been posting their announcements and newsletters.

they 'cleaned up' the posts, too, it looks like.   you're not missing much since their 'official' subreddit as you've seen is a ghost town.

unofficial VCS sub much livelier ;)  (well, if you count some of the subbers having a slow mental breakdown)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tavi said:

The Atari Box also still needs its 'Halo', 'Sonic' or 'Mario' system exclusive game if it is going to be a retail success. This latest announcement is more in my line of gaming interest; but certainly not to the point where I would be considering dropping 400$ on a console for it. Especially when it is locked behind 4.99 a month paywall and once again is something that can be accessed on pretty much any device with internet capabilities.

There is no scenario where it can be a retail success because they're basically selling something that's going to perform worse than even the base models of PS4 and Xbox One that sell for much less and have well-established killer libraries and services. A killer game wouldn't sway much of anyone, because even with a killer game, there would be no other titles to follow it up with. As it is now, there's not even a SINGLE exclusive on it, killer or otherwise. And frankly, I don't see how such a thing would be of help to them anyway, so no reason to worry about the investment. As of now, and since they never did come up with a raison d'être, the people who are going to buy it or not don't really need more convincing one way or the other. Only Atari knows the answer to this, but it may very well be that they already accomplished all the business-related goals for this they cared about and its OK that the VCS has already sold the majority of what it's going to ever really sell.

• Like 8

On 7/12/2020 at 9:02 PM, OCAT said:

^ Just tell them that "Fake News is Good News" as long as it gets people a talkin' about the hottest system on the block
the Atari VCS. This here new contender is gonna drop the competition like a cheap sac of dirt!

Or 10 pounds of camel shit in a 9 pound bag.

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

Why can't atari do things the right way? Like sell games and consoles at the department store? That business model formed an entire industry!

Trying to understand Atari is like trying to smell the color 9.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Fred is probably riding in a limo somewhere.

With Hands in his pocket guy next to him... (it was all a ruse, he was in on it the whole time...)
"Do you, Do you really?, My good Chum!"
monacleguyAtari.jpg

Edited by OCAT
  • Haha 3

Chinese company UNIS has cooked up their own mini-console that works with small trampolines. They are recently known for being the manufacturer behind the arcade versions of the Atari PONG tables (there are a few different models).

No price mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if this gave the Tacobox a run for it's money on sales, as it has 300% more exclusives than it does

• Like 1

So are "Air" and "Vapor"ware, the same type of unconsole?  Can you dig it?

Based on the title alone,    I'll just leave this here...

PS  The Eternal Question:  When is nutari gonna get Kicked in the Taco and give up on this VCAss Mess?  This is...A hidden message!...Did U find it?   Good Job!   Cheers!  Get yourself a ROLO out of my desk and take some "free money" out of petty cash...Tell'em GoldLeader said it was OK...It's fine no one's gonna read this I'm sure...

The best thing I think about Vaporware is that it is non discrimatory. It is the perfect product that everyone loves. It has all the feature and non of them at the same time. Eveyone can affoard it, except the people that paid for it before it did not exist. If the backers never backed it, it would not Not exist for the rest of us. Just like Spock said, the need of the many outweigh the needs of the few. So Tacos it is.

I always wondered what would have happened if Ray had thought about Tacos when Gozer the Gozarian ask the question "Choose"

staycrisptaco.jpg

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2

I have some information from a credible source from a friend of a friend who overheard a conversation while waiting in the drivethrough for Tacos that, there might be another slight delay, or a possible re-design of the Atari VCS to make it more streamlined.
Cheasehead Fred was livid about the thickness of the VCS and wanted it thin like most smartphones today.

You have heard of the Macbook Air, now look at the VCS AIR!!!! Check out the renders!!!! WE HAVE RENDERS!!!

mba.png

• Like 2