IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 hours ago, Iron-Marine Soldier said:

You do know that this is a licensing deal...it is just money for ATARI without any risk. ATARI already received an initial upfront payment and will get a percentage of revenues generated by the ATARI branded hotels. “If” those hotels never happen...ATARI is out ZERO dollars. 

I was thinking more of all that promotional material they printed up on the copier... that was $50 worth of Paper and Ink! :D

I find it odd that Atari has not began to run ads for the VCS. I say odd with Chesnais being such a forward thinking guy. Perhaps they can commision a new Atari Jingle...?? "Atari!, Keeping Secrets in the Night ooooooh who is keeping secrets" ??

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, racerx said:

I did play it at release. I didn't buy until three years later, when I picked up three consoles at KayBee Toys for $25 each. As I mentioned, I have a complete boxed retail collection virtually all of which I paid pennies on the dollar for, before prices got stupid recently. If you play Rebooteroids or most of the other Reboot titles, check the credits for racerx... I've done tons of testing work.

The point that you're absolutely missing is that everyone circa 1995 knew the Jaguar was going to flop, hard. Everyone that paid any attention knew Atari was circling the drain and didn't have the money or resources to properly launch a console or attract major developers. That doesn't mean we hated Atari (which at that time, was at least the tattered remnants of the real Atari). It just meant people weren't fools. No way in hell was I going to pay full retail for that...it was obviously destined for clearance bins.

Sound familiar?

You weren’t an ATARI fan back then...you weren’t around when ATARI...WAS...video games. 

I wanted all the ATARI arcade games from the late 1980s & early 1990s on the system...like what was on my ATARI Lynx only PERFECT arcade ports. I wanted Xybots & Vindicators & RoadBlasters & Hard Drivin’/Race Drivin’ & S.T.U.N. Runner & Hydra...etc...on my ATARI Jaguar & was “thinking” they would be there at some point. You people here are like casual ATARI fans...because you weren’t around when ATARI was King. 

Edited by Iron-Marine Soldier

3 minutes ago, Iron-Marine Soldier said:

You weren’t an ATARI fan back then...you weren’t around when ATARI...WAS...video games. 

Get the fcuk out, dude.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, racerx said:

Usually I just stay in the background here except to interject the occasional bit of snark, but you know what? I'll bite. I see this attitude on the various "Atari" Facebook pages, too.

CAUTION: LONG, DOUCHEY, SELF-AGGRANDIZING POST AHEAD

I've been on this forum for over 13 years because I like gaming in general and Atari in particular. So much so, that I've forged friendships with many of its original employees and have had the good fortune to indulge in relatively high budget collecting in celebration of the early days of video gaming that I was lucky enough to be part of. I've had the honor of talking about Atari's early years with the likes of Owen Rubin, Howard Scott Warshaw, Dan Kramer, Marty Goldberg and Curt Vendel.

Steve Ritchie

post-6333-0-72722000-1524693551_thumb.jpg

Al Alcorn

post-6333-0-84406500-1524693651_thumb.jpg

Joe Decuir (and Ben Heckendorn)

post-6333-0-67566400-1524693688_thumb.jpg

Bezerk record holder Joel West, Nibbler Record holder Tim McVey, Walter Day

post-6333-0-20923400-1524693776_thumb.jpg

Richie Knucklez and He Who Shall Not Be Named :)

post-6333-0-76562000-1524693830_thumb.jpg

Doc Mack of Galloping Ghost, Qbert designer Jeff Lee

post-6333-0-25669000-1524693883_thumb.jpg

Eugene Jarvis

post-6333-0-38829300-1524693977_thumb.jpg

I've helped stage Jagfest at the Midwest Gaming Classic for several years, putting rarities on display that many wouldn't have the chance to play otherwise.

post-6333-0-87517600-1524693949_thumb.jpg

Over half of my 30 arcade machines are from Atari.

post-6333-0-00496100-1524694070_thumb.jpg

post-6333-0-88085300-1524694083_thumb.jpg

My childhood heavy sixer still sees regular use.

post-6333-0-37345700-1524694130_thumb.jpg

Recognize this building?

post-6333-0-58512700-1524694741_thumb.jpg

Speaks for itself...

post-6333-0-77908100-1524698539_thumb.jpg

That, Max Who Signed Up In December But Has Only Posted In Ataribox and Gameband Threads, is what I'm doing here. I have other hobbies, but this is what I do. Maybe you just want to support a French company, and I can understand that. For those of us that have been closely tied to this kind of scene for a while though...not only do I expect this piece of crap to fail miserably, I want the whole current ridiculous company and its entire sleazy rogue's gallery to go away. They may own the name, but they're not Atari. They're a joke, what they're doing with the brand is a joke, and the damage they're doing to the reputation of the real company disgusts me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Iron-Marine Soldier said:

Ooohhhh...so cool. 

I don't understand your perverse fetish with being wrong, F1JV, but you're as obnoxious here as you are elsewhere.

I've found it helps if I read your posts in William Shatner's voice, though.

Edited by racerx
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, Iron-Marine Soldier said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know how stupid that sounds.  But get this: that is a personal attack, and is obvious trolling.  You really should reconsider your approach if you plan to stick around.

• Like 2

^ As long as the original backers get something, even if it is not retail ready, I will be happy for them, I am still going to call it a piece of junk, but at least they got what they paid for. Also I want one, but clearly at a steep discount, and I mean STEEP! (think $49.99)

Whenever I see things in the clearance bin I get a giddy, superior, odd satisfaction feeling. Hard to describe. Then I feel about 10x better when I go to the till and pay %90 off original price xD
Even better yet is when I see brand name / celebrity failures in the Dollar Store
I cannot wait for the VCS to get dumped into a few bins   ?

2 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know how stupid that sounds.  But get this: that is a personal attack, and is obvious trolling.  You really should reconsider your approach if you plan to stick around.

Tacos...Tacos...Tacos...Grande Tacos por favor...mi amigo. J’adore tacos...mon ami. 

It now seems likely that backers will get something, but how long do you think Atari will be able to afford to run the servers required for the online component?

If we are generous and say they might have 15,000 users at most what kind of servers will be require and how much will it cost to rent, we know they will have to outsource it like everything else they do. They will need to support the online store, online multiplayer games and any systems updates. If the OS is a modified Ubuntu it will need to updated whenever there is a security update for Ubuntu. 

Atari isn't in a great position financially they so can't take a loss on the console for very longer before they will closed down the servers. 

4 minutes ago, OCAT said:

^ As long as the original backers get something, even if it is not retail ready, I will be happy for them, I am still going to call it a piece of junk, but at least they got what they paid for. Also I want one, but clearly at a steep discount, and I mean STEEP! (think $49.99)

Whenever I see things in the clearance bin I get a giddy, superior, odd satisfaction feeling. Hard to describe. Then I feel about 10x better when I go to the till and pay %90 off original price xD
Even better yet is when I see brand name / celebrity failures in the Dollar Store
I cannot wait for the VCS to get dumped into a few bins   ?

I will probably do the same, but I think these won't make it to retails shelves just to the backers and maybe to some pre-orders at stores, so won't get a chance to make it to the bin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, digdugnate said:

i'd be hating more, but im too busy asking for Hot Pockets from the basement.  ?

Well you aren't 21 and have a girlfriend either, and that's your mom's basement right? ?????

And get yourself together man at least get a frozen burrito. It is at least a cousin to the taco.

• Haha 5

Wow, haven't been in here for a couple weeks, going "Oh crap, I'm like 20 pages behind.  No way I am going to be able to catch up on all that!"  :(

And then my fast forward reveals new poster making drama again.  Cool timing I guess!

I have a couple new Taco pics I have saved over the last couple months - Updates coming soon!   ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Wow, haven't been in here for a couple weeks, going "Oh crap, I'm like 20 pages behind.  No way I am going to be able to catch up on all that!"  :(

And then my fast forward reveals new poster making drama again.  Cool timing I guess!

I have a couple new Taco pics I have saved over the last couple months - Updates coming soon!   ?

It's just hilarious how predictive this gets.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thanatos said:

That person's dramatic trolling has already ran it's course to completion.  When you catch up on those 30 posts they made in these recent pages, you will have reached the conclusion of said users participation in the Taco Party. :rolling:

• Like 1

Yes, if you come here to stir up arguments and make people waste precious time to respond, you go.  Private forum and all that jazz.

P.S. I PM'ed flojo earlier to check up, given the world we live in and the fact that the last login was June 16, which is unusual.  I'll post, if I get a response.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Yes, if you come here to stir up arguments and make people waste precious time to respond, you go.  Private forum and all that jazz.

P.S. I PM'ed flojo earlier to check up, given the world we live in and the fact that the last login was June 16, which is unusual.  I'll post, if I get a response.

He’s fine. Just not happy with the way the forum has gone as of late. He may return, you never know!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

He’s fine. Just not happy with the way the forum has gone as of late. He may return, you never know!

In France we would say that Flo is cooking boudin, which is not the right match for tacos anyway (at least afaik, I have no idea what you food barbarians are capable of).

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

In France we would say that Flo is cooking boudin, which is not the right match for tacos anyway (at least afaik, I have no idea what you food barbarians are capable of).

Come over Roots, I have the grill ready to go for you :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Wouldn't that be something if they posted a glorious taco meme? Maybe they are waiting until after the VCS gets released to the public?

Oh and good morning everyone! Had some leftover steak from yesterday. I think it was repurposed well.

20200725_074125.thumb.jpg.8b0212ec700b6f03bf7c035727676682.jpg

• Like 2