IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

^ Darn right its a Crime, Taking 3 million Dollars and not delivering what you promised.

On a more important note, try making your own Hot sauce, when I use pepper I have people from the Islands yelling "What did you doooo!" This is after they make 3x laps around the block gasping for air or shaking on the floor like a mental patient.
My advice is "forget flavor", forget middle ground mild sauces, just grinded it up all the little seeds and peppers then simmer it to evaporate the water to make it more concentrated for more heat mouth abuse ?????????

I just love the Atari Game Jolt update... "Over time we expect to attract AAA franchises from big studios — the Atari VCS is built to support them as well"
They just love to toot thier own horn, based on Delusions of Grandeur.

Yea, Atari and its RICH HISTORY of games... I agree, with such Family Friendly titles; Custer's Revenge, X_Man, and Bachelor Party ready to take on the Amico.

Edited by OCAT

What is taking so long for Atari to show of thier wonderful box-o-crap?
I bet they are sitting around playing Pachinko machines waiting for the right moment... like 2025
Or perhaps Atari is just following trends...
Delayed Movies
Delayed Electric vehicles from GM and Ford

Back in my day, this was frowned upon, if the Pizza was not here in 30 mins it was FREE!
Today there is no discipline, dates are constantly being eschewed, ignored, blatantly extended.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:50 AM, flickertail said:

What do you expect from a guy who had the words "Marine" and "Soldier" as a mashup in his profile name? WTF? That's like trying to plug an NES cart into a 7800.

:D

Semper Fi

-A

THANK YOU!  That was making my teeth itch. 

Go Army  ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OCAT said:

What is taking so long for Atari to show of thier wonderful box-o-crap?
I bet they are sitting around playing Pachinko machines waiting for the right moment... like 2025
Or perhaps Atari is just following trends...
Delayed Movies
Delayed Electric vehicles from GM and Ford

Back in my day, this was frowned upon, if the Pizza was not here in 30 mins it was FREE!
Today there is no discipline, dates are constantly being eschewed, ignored, blatantly extended.

I'm not sure Atari wants people to see their box-o-crap.  If the loading times are terrible, or other modern games run as bad as COD Warzone, that's a problem.   Can't let the cat out of the bag while they're still begging for pre-orders.

• Like 2

^ Kinda hard to sell something that you cannot demo working.

I mean, if I said to my car dealership team "I want you to sell this new sadan we have, but no one can sit in it, or test drive it" I think you would be closing mighty soon.

• Like 4

On 7/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, MrBeefy said:

See that's what I don't get. I would love to see some type of comeback from Atari. I was excited about the original announcement, but I'm not going to just ignore things. I've 'supported' them in other ways be it apparel or try some of their comics out a while back. I find it more frustrating that stuff like how this is gone will most likely make it even less likely there will be a comeback for them.

Teenage me was a little obsessed with that, I got into a few lunchroom arguments about it as I touted the new Jaguar releases. The NUON felt like the next best thing and I was all in on that too, as it felt like a spiritual successor.

Of course it was all silly of me to get that emotional about it, but live and learn. I've bought plenty of Atari-labeled games since Infogrames took them over, bought the Flashback 2, etc. But after they emerged from bankruptcy, there's been little redeeming value from what they've produced. Just look at the reviews on Steam or the Play Store for anything under the Atari name. But even then I've occasionally grabbed something they've licensed out, like the Centipede board game.

Pointing out that most of their stuff is trash (particularly the VCS), or that their behavior is often reprehensible doesn't make one a hater, we're just doing a service to our fellow consumer to find a better place to spend their money.  

• Like 6

Intellivision can put out cornball videos each week that have no value at all towards informing us as to the production status of the Amico console, and you guys have wet dreams over that project, but when Atari on a regular basis is giving detailed production updates, news about partnerships and content on the upcoming Atari VCS you crap all over them saying there is no transparency to the how the project is being conducted.  Before you call me an shill being paid to promote the Atari VCS I want all of you to know that I have a pre-order for the Intellivision Amico Founder Edition console as well as being a backer of the Atari VCS on the day its Indiegogo campaign launched, so I have a vested interested in seeing both consoles reach production and succeed.  I truly feel that both consoles are a big win for retro gaming enthusiasts, indie developers and homebrewer's should either of these consoles succeed, let alone both.  It just comes across as a double standard when legitimate serious news from one project is treated with scorn, distrust and disdain, while comedic non news from the other project is treated like gospel.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Intellivision can put out cornball videos each week that have no value at all towards informing us as to the production status of the Amico console, and you guys have wet dreams over that project, but when Atari on a regular basis is giving detailed production updates, news about partnerships and content on the upcoming Atari VCS you crap all over them saying there is no transparency to the how the project is being conducted.  Before you call me an shill being paid to promote the Atari VCS I want all of you to know that I have a pre-order for the Intellivision Amico Founder Edition console as well as being a backer of the Atari VCS on the day its Indiegogo campaign launched, so I have a vested interested in seeing both consoles reach production and succeed.  I truly feel that both consoles are a big win for retro gaming enthusiasts, indie developers and homebrewer's should either of these consoles succeed, let alone both.  It just comes across as a double standard when legitimate serious news from one project is treated with scorn, distrust and disdain, while comedic non news from the other project is treated like gospel.

Atari's updates are neither regular nor detailed.  

F--  

See me after class. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Intellivision can put out cornball videos each week that have no value at all towards informing us as to the production status of the Amico console, and you guys have wet dreams over that project, but when Atari on a regular basis is giving detailed production updates, news about partnerships and content on the upcoming Atari VCS you crap all over them saying there is no transparency to the how the project is being conducted.

Wow.

I don't care one way or the other about the Amico. As a Day 1 backer of the VCS though, did you not see the 11 month span where they completely abandoned their Facebook page? That was likely while they were switching PR companies from the ineffective Rain Factory to the equally ineffective UberStrategist. They routinely broke Indiegogo's update frequency rules, and also routinely skirted them with useless "updates" like potential front applique treatments or virtually identical updates spread over two posts a month apart. As far as I know, Tallarico doesn't have a history of deleting posts or banning users for nothing more than inconvenient questions. Tallarico doesn't have a history of non-payment of developers and contractors stretching back far before Fergal Mac or Rob Wyatt. Tallarico doesn't have a history of faking gameplay and quietly adding a disclaimer afterward. The Amico has had a vision from its initial announcement that hasn't wavered in the face of developer disinterest.

Get down off your cross. I have no interest in either machine, but if you want to champion a POS organization like Chesnais' "Atari," don't have the temerity to feign indignation at the reactions from those of us who know these guys.

Edited by racerx
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, racerx said:

Get down off your cross. I have no interest in either machine, but if you want to champion a POS organization like Chesnais' "Atari," don't have the temerity to feign indignation at the reactions from those of us who know these guys.

Not championing either console over the other perhaps you missed the part in my post I where said the following...

42 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Before you call me an shill being paid to promote the Atari VCS I want all of you to know that I have a pre-order for the Intellivision Amico Founder Edition console as well as being a backer of the Atari VCS on the day its Indiegogo campaign launched, so I have a vested interested in seeing both consoles reach production and succeed.  I truly feel that both consoles are a big win for retro gaming enthusiasts, indie developers and homebrewer's should either of these consoles succeed, let alone both.

Edited by Tidus79001

13 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Not championing either console over the other perhaps you missed the part in my post I where said the following...

And perhaps you missed my entire post.

One company is historically, demonstrably, a piece of shit. The other, at least to this point, doesn't appear to be.

I'm not having wet dreams about either of these consoles, but your touting of Atari's transparency over this three year process is laughable. This is why you get laughed at. Spend your money how you want. Enjoy your VCS. But spare us your martyrdom tears around here.

Edited by racerx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, racerx said:

And perhaps you missed my entire post.

One company is historically, demonstrably, a piece of shit. The other, at least to this point, doesn't appear to be.

I'm not having wet dreams about either of these consoles, but your touting of Atari's transparency over this three year process is laughable. This is why you get laughed at. Spend your money how you want. Enjoy your VCS. But save your martyrdom tears around here.

I will enjoy both my Atari VCS and Intellivision Amico.  I'm not playing favorites for either console.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

I will enjoy both my Atari VCS and Intellivision Amico.  I'm not playing favorites for either console.

YOU TOO can soak your feet and warm your tacos, AT THE VERY SAME TIME!!! 

• Haha 10

Hey hey can't we all get along?
No one has said it yet, but I think at this point Amico and Atari should just pool thier efforts together and make the AtaMico, or AmiVCS... flip a coin I don't care.
The market is so small for a niche device both of these clowns should just admit it and do a merger. It seems Atari has the box but no Controllers and games, Amico has the controllers and games but no box finished... ? + ??+?+?=? ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Hey hey can't we all get along?
No one has said it yet, but I think at this point Amico and Atari should just pool thier efforts together and make the AtaMico, or AmiVCS... flip a coin I don't care.
The market is so small for a niche device both of these clowns should just admit it and do a merger. It seems Atari has the box but no Controllers and games, Amico has the controllers and games but no box finished... ? + ??+?+?=? ?

I agree that two of these retro gaming consoles is going to cause fragmentation for a building a dominant platform for retro gaming.  The Intellivision Amico just always seemed to be to be a "me too" response with less expensive hardware to what the Atari VCS was interned to be with full PC architecture.  With an ARM device this is going limit the available power of the console and make it single purpose since it is stuck running a custom Android OS as opposed to full PC architecture that is much more powerful and also allows it to be a multi purpose device running Windows and Linux OS's that can configure to be an emulator console or whatever else you want to purpose it to be.

It would be great to see Atari and Intellivision pool their talent to be one viable retro gaming platform so that this concept gets off the ground and stays alive.  That being said, completion does drive innovation and can spur even better fruit for us as games to enjoy as each platform duke it out to become the dominant retro gaming platform.  All I know is either way I am exited as the console wars of the 80's and 90's was an exciting time in gaming gave is a lot of gems that even to this day we are still nostalgic about and that continue to entail and inspire us.

- The Atari VCS has the better architecture. but we don't know much of what sort fire party titles we might see on the console.  We do know that there be a few third party retro gaming services such as Antstream (retro arcade titles), Airconsole (apps that of the type found on Android and iOS), and Game Jolt (indie platform)

- The Intellivision Amico seems to have a better grasp on remaking retro titles and a passion to reinvent and innovate for a new era of 2D gaming

Here is how I see that ideally Atari and Intellivision if so inclined to do so could pool their talent for the greater benefit of such a retro gaming platform:

-Let Atari produce the hardware and manufacture the console as they have more capital, resource and connections to retail and other bushiness to promote and run that sort of operation as well a huge library to classic title many of which were big hits back in to day

- Intellivision can be the innovators in providing kick ass titles.  Remakes of classic tittles (both Intellivion and Atari owned titles as well as other retro titles then can get licensed to remake) and original 2D HD games)

- Still include retro gaming services such as Antstream so that classic titles from other companies find its way to the console, Airconsole for quick fun addictive light gaming, and Game Jolt to attract the indie developers

- All this in addition to making it an open development platform that anyone can develop content on and publish their homebrewed games to.  As well as offer making possible to for the  community of homebrewer's to share their talent and knowledge while serving as platform and helping to connect each to others to learn and collaborate on projects.

I wish I had the resources to build such a dream platform as the model I describe above.  It would be everything I as retro gaming enthusiast could ask for.

Building a dominant platform for retro gaming? I don't think that's the goal of either platform. The retro gaming market is relatively small and fragmented and is already served a variety of ways on literally every existing (and future) platform out there. Being king of that market wouldn't get you much. You definitely need compelling offerings beyond that niche, even if what your ultimate goal is is to carve out a niche of your own.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tidus79001 said:

I agree that two of these retro gaming consoles is going to cause fragmentation for a building a dominant platform for retro gaming.

Looks at the MiSTer project and Retropie. Both of which exist and have established communities continually developing for them...

Good luck with that.

Edited by juansolo