IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Wow, look I get some backers are just hopeful and willing to gamble, but people like that posting everywhere, going on an on about how this is Atari's big comeback? Damn, you are all Icarus flying way too high up and too close to the sun and we all know damn well how THAT turns out........

icarus.thumb.jpg.2e29df0701afbca67c7e9fc0eb3119ea.jpg

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
correction

On 8/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, godslabrat said:

Tommy, I'm really trying hard to ignore you, because while I have my concerns about the Amico, I don't consider you an outright scam artist, like Freddy Cheesy, Mike Kennedy, Bryan Bernal, etc.  But if you won't stay in your own thread, I am going to keep saying dumb stuff to wind you up.  Because I'm positive that'll amuse me far more than the Amico ever will.

Both you and Tommy, knock it the hell off, or I will kick you both out of the thread.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

In case anyone's intelligence hasn't been insulted today, then I've got the article for you.

It sounds like it was written by a bot that was forced to read through hours of posts on the VCS fan page.

So... let me get this straight... this guy's really impressed that a cheap PC can load an OS intended specifically for cheap PCs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

So... let me get this straight... this guy's really impressed that a cheap PC can load an OS intended specifically for cheap PCs?

Apparently so, and certain shills are claiming this as some kind of awesome victory (happens when you've ran out of straws to grasp at). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Apparently so, and certain shills are claiming this as some kind of awesome victory (happens when you've ran out of straws to grasp at). 

The Atari VCS: "So innovative, people are finding ways to use anything OTHER than our software!"

Edited by godslabrat
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

ChromeOS can literally run on a Raspberry Pi out of the box.

The VCS is going to need an external drive for it, that'll probably cost you more than a Raspberry Pi. Bargain. ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

ChromeOS can literally run on a Raspberry Pi out of the box.

The VCS is going to need an external drive for it, that'll probably cost you more than a Raspberry Pi. Bargain. ?

technically you need a "drive" as pi's don't come with storage "out of the box" unless you're one of the people that buy a kit with a 25$ pi 8.99 power supply, a 2$ case, and a 5.99 16 gig sd card for 129$ (+ postage)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Osgeld said:

technically you need a "drive" as pi's don't come with storage "out of the box" unless you're one of the people that buy a kit with a 25$ pi 8.99 power supply, a 2$ case, and a 5.99 16 gig sd card for 129$ (+ postage)

Fair enough.

Still better value than the 'All-In' bundle though. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

In celebration of the lameness surrounding atari vcs I just ate plain tacos. A shell, minimal un-flavored beef, and a smattering of mild cheese. Nothing else!

Blasphemy, no hot sauce?

• Like 1

It's Ubuntu based, so I took the lid off and had some open sauce. The AtariOS is not OS though, so I couldn't put any on the taco...

Had to pass on the beef, too. I kept asking "Where's the beef?" but the only answer I got was "No moos is good moos."

In the end it was just crackers and cheese. Like the whole campaign, really.

• Haha 4

On 8/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, MrBeefy said:

Well it looked dark like a local restaurants that is hotter than their regular sauce. Wouldn't describe it that hot though.

I know that arrogant bastard has been brought up before. But has anyone tried the Punishment sauce? I know Crime has a good rep here. Thinking of putting in a order.

20200814_150431.thumb.jpg.35a7a0e5eb7dba50b31f5ce8bd30bd89.jpg

If yer looking for some good heat, check out Marie's smokin habanero.  This stuff is like liquid smoke in a bottle, a really good flavor, nice spice profile and lots of heat.  heathotsauceshop.com sells it and they give you a free dried ghost pepper and stickers when you buy anything from them.

Smokin_2048x.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LoonyLucas said:

If yer looking for some good heat, check out Marie's smokin habanero.  This stuff is like liquid smoke in a bottle, a really good flavor, nice spice profile and lots of heat.  heathotsauceshop.com sells it and they give you a free dried ghost pepper and stickers when you buy anything from them.

Smokin_2048x.jpeg

Hey thanks for the recommend and I love good smoke flavor! Nice to see you are still around. Excited to be seeing your box in the near future?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Hey thanks for the recommend and I love good smoke flavor! Nice to see you are still around. Excited to be seeing your box in the near future?

Have there been any gaming partnerships about hot sauce?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yep!  I am excited!  I've been playing Animal Crossing nonstop up until a couple weeks ago, so im ready to get into something else.

• Like 1