IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I think it should be a woodgrain-looking (actually plastic, of course) voice-controlled box that plays VCS sound samples on demand.

"Ataribox, play Pac-Man."

OK

BONK BONK BONK BONK BONK BOOOOOOP

"Ataribox, play Defender."

ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP DOOODLEDOODOOODLEDOOT

• Like 9

Maybe a woodgrain looking box that is actually something more like a Steambox playing digital downloaded versions of the classics and possibly new games as well. Looks like there is some sort of ports that you can just make out in that video. Maybe for multiple USB type controllers you plug into something.

Now I'm wondering as I just saw the announcement for the 2017 lineup of flashback units. I'm guessing what was teased in that video is the new flashback 8 gold that will feature the largest selection of built in games including some Activision titles and 720p HDMI out?

You're getting colder. ;-)

Well, it's obvious you know what it is and I'm sure you are not allowed to say.

If we are to believe the article that was posted above (meaning Atari has been working on this for a couple of years), then it is safe to assume it is not a Steam box. You shouldn't need a couple years to develop that.

With that, I'm a little more excited about this now.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

Now I'm wondering as I just saw the announcement for the 2017 lineup of flashback units. I'm guessing what was teased in that video is the new flashback 8 gold that will feature the largest selection of built in games including some Activision titles and 720p HDMI out?

This has nothing to do with AtGames. This is Atari in partnership with another company. It's not related to any vintage technology. That's all I can say.