Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

So you can see what fine upstanding members of society the superfans are- submitted for your approval is a deleted comment from the Official VCS Subreddit thread about CES 2020.

 

image.thumb.png.e9da600d4ffcca7d03651cbb98d5cb4b.png

 

 

I'm sure a lot of these backers are pretty stressed out about the whole thing.   They defended this thing pretty hard, and as time rolls on, they feel obligated to keep defending it since they've invested so much energy in it.

 

I think it would be better for Lucas, and all of them really, to just admit the truth and move on.  They don't have to come out and bash it, but there's no need to get all worked up over something that is clearly DOA, if it arrives at all.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

So you can see what fine upstanding members of society the superfans are- submitted for your approval is a deleted comment from the Official VCS Subreddit thread about CES 2020.

 

image.thumb.png.e9da600d4ffcca7d03651cbb98d5cb4b.png

 

 

What would you expect from an original comment like that?  A reply with roses and a kiss?  One shouldn't expect an insult to have a reply full of kindness.  I wouldn't at least.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, Agillig said:

One of you has a chance of getting what you want...

 

Unless by "meaty update" you mean delay or vague description of new product feature. 

Unless you're a filthy vegan, and then you get no meat nor meaty updates at all. 😉

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

So you can see what fine upstanding members of society the superfans are- submitted for your approval is a deleted comment from the Official VCS Subreddit thread about CES 2020.

 

image.thumb.png.e9da600d4ffcca7d03651cbb98d5cb4b.png

 

 

Oh, so he replied to my comment. Haha. What a twit. 

 

I realise I just ousted myself on reddit (in case I hadn't made it obvious in the past) but I don't care, and I doubt most others care either. If I post something there, it's usually just to wind people up.

 

And I only check my notifications about once a month because I really can't be bothered seeing all the whiny replies, such as the guy who tried to tell me the Atari XT is real by using literally the only source on the web that says so (outside of a homebrew project name, I found nothing after looking for about an hour, so unless I'm missing something obvious, he's wrong). 

 

Besides all of this, I'd rather build an Atari machine from scratch for John Phelan than give a crap about what some loon - with a split tongue (see his Indiegogo avatar) and tattoos almost literally covering his whole body which he then uses as a dick-measuring contest on reddit (you can look at his post history - he seems to believe that more tats make you a superior person, or something like that) - thinks. 

 

Again, I feel sorry for the people of whom Atari took advantage, but NOT the Lucas Dingleberries and Werner Bros. types. Those guys are just... mean-spirited. 

Edited by TankedThomas
First sentence made no sense. Now it does.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Slocum said:

10649382_Screenshot2020-01-0615_09_59.png.ac8c3c0f607b94f87d09b60680bf1f26.png

 

Well, this is going to be interesting...

Ah you beat me to it!

 

My guess it is for their casino themed games they've talked about. Looks more like a monitor turned around to show the logo. What is written on the stand? Can't see from my phone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is, "to squat on another trade event you were too cheap to actually participate in and snipe attention away from paying exhibitors while further embarrassing yourself in the process" for the win Alex?

  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Ah you beat me to it!

 

My guess it is for their casino themed games they've talked about. Looks more like a monitor turned around to show the logo. What is written on the stand? Can't see from my phone.

Saw this on Twitter too and had to pop in to talk about it...

 

Gaems is a carrying case for consoles that has a monitor inside the top cover, turning your console into a "sort of portable" like old school "portable" computers from the 80s before laptops. I note the Atari logo and VCS logo are stickers added to the case not part of it. Not a big deal either way but just mentioning to preempt anyone jumping to the conclusion that this is a collab of some sort. The Gaems cases are agnostic... you can put a PS4 or an Xbox One or whatever in them. They have Velcro straps to hold the console in place.

 

Of course this back on shot invites all sorts of "what's in the box?!" memes.

 

Edit to add: do you think this is trolling people asking "where are the games?" "Oh! We thought you were asking 'where are the Gaems?' My bad!"

Edited by JaqenHghar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

Gaems is a carrying case for consoles that has a monitor inside the top cover, turning your console into a "sort of portable" like old school "portable" computers from the 80s before laptops. I note the Atari logo and VCS logo are stickers added to the case not part of it. Not a big deal either way but just mentioning to preempt anyone jumping to the conclusion that this is a collab of some sort. The Gaems cases are agnostic... you can put a PS4 or an Xbox One or whatever in them. They have Velcro straps to hold the console in place.

Yes.  It looks as if they took one of these right off the shelf at Gamestop ...

GAEMS-Sentinel-Personal-Gaming-Unit?$zoo

... and slapped an Atari sticker on the back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TacoMuncher said:

What would you expect from an original comment like that?  A reply with roses and a kiss?  One shouldn't expect an insult to have a reply full of kindness.  I wouldn't at least.

lol- you're funny.  i emoted appropriately.

 

apparently the idea of 'being the bigger person' is lost on a lot of people.  welcome to the forum, @tacomuncher! we love you, too. ❤️

Edited by digdugnate
edited cos i tyep english gud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

lol- you're funny.  i emoted appropriately.

 

apparently the idea of 'being the bigger person' is lost on a lot of people.  welcome to the forum, @tacomuncher! we love you, too. ❤️

Well you know what they say about speaking with a forked tongue...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Atari posted three pictures from their hotel room.  Feast your eyes!

 

rsqec3o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

mf8e44o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

06zdn2o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

Via:

 

 

Lol is that the 6 units that they showed in their last update from China?

 

Guess its time for some unethical conference practices.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Atari posted three pictures from their hotel room.  Feast your eyes!

 

rsqec3o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

mf8e44o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

06zdn2o0w8941.jpg?width=2222&format=pjpg

 

Via:

 

 

Welp, I'd say things just got interesting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a trip to Atari's hotel room by invitation only, or do you have to be clubbed in the head from behind and dragged there in a duffel bag? I guess at this point there are probably ruffies involved to get legitimate media in their room.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agillig said:

Welp, I'd say things just got interesting.

How so? Looks like the same stuff they brought to the hotel room during E3 2019. 
 

I'd love to apply some torque to that retro style controller to test its durability. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

10649382_Screenshot2020-01-0615_09_59.png.ac8c3c0f607b94f87d09b60680bf1f26.png

 

Well, this is going to be interesting...

VIDYA GAEMS!!!!! I guess they're already a meme at this point so who cares...

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

How so? Looks like the same stuff they brought to the hotel room during E3 2019. 
 

I'd love to apply some torque to that retro style controller to test its durability. 

I agree, but perception is key.   The backers seem pretty excited.   If this week comes and goes without something legitimately worthwhile, like gameplay footage, and a concrete release date, I think they'll have a meltdown, and they should. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...