IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

To the spies: the next question to ask Atari is who was in the CES rooms. We have one guy from a youtube channel of 14,000 subs watch a menu flip between two screens, who else was in the room? Why hasn't anyone else come out to brag they were able to get exclusive access? If this was any other company, they would be pushing the people to get on social media for it, pictures, video, etc.

Is Atari that bad at marketing they can't even copy upstart "influencers" who don't even see a paycheck? Or are they specifically trying to not be mentioned?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I have the Corona in my system and I feel great. 

B7MJYwvCcAASCrM.thumb.jpg.928e701742470678e6faf247f75988dc.jpg

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Still not man made but given to us by the taco gods.

??

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdvvd/a-disturbing-number-of-people-think-coronavirus-is-related-to-corona-beer?utm_source=dmfb&fbclid=IwAR1Bqtt-cze5pC5GpvwlKQ584BeDQ_fr7yIiOso9fm3Rtxrl3u3VHKo_xU8

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, carlsson said:

I just read that the Wuhan virus might be stoppable by alcohol and heat, so if the Atari people get into the sauna with some beer or perhaps stronger stuff is required, the VCS might still be delivered on time.

Then the virus stands no chance in Finland, the land where chugging extreme amounts of alcohol in a sauna hotter than a blast furnace is a traditional and wholesome pastime.

The 1 confirmed case of the virus in Finland must be the sole person in the country not following these traditions.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

I always like to be trendy.

I wonder if the Corona Extra virus I have causes someone to crave some bacon?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

ok, honestly there is like 1k pages talking about tacos... I tried to casually pick up on it but wtf are you guys on about?

Failed brand custodian "Atari" is desperate for the appearance of legitimacy. Announces plan to build a mini-computer/game console, takes $3M of fan money, all but disappears. In the absence of news, a smart person says, this is stupid, I'd rather just have a taco. 

"Atari" "chief" "operating" "officer" pops up occasionally to say the dog ate his homework, but good things are coming soon. "Atari" can't be relied upon, but tacos can. 

Support your local taquiera. Don't support shysters who exploit nostalgia for retro games. Drink Corona, don't catch it. Be excellent to each other. Namaste. Simple as that. 

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Failed brand custodian "Atari" is desperate for the appearance of legitimacy. Announces plan to build a mini-computer/game console, takes $3M of fan money, all but disappears. In the absence of news, a smart person says, this is stupid, I'd rather just have a taco. 

"Atari" "chief" "operating" "officer" pops up occasionally to say the dog ate his homework, but good things are coming soon. "Atari" can't be relied upon, but tacos can. 

Support your local taquiera. Don't support shysters who exploit nostalgia for retro games. Drink Corona, don't catch it. Be excellent to each other. Namaste. Simple as that. 

NAILED IT

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Um, no. Viruses mutate and change in nature all the time, it's what they do. Scientists "engineer" things like this all the time, it's where we get vaccines. China is a frequent source of novel strains because of their dense population and proximity to large groups of animals like birds and swine. Please don't make up stupid conspiracy theories when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  

I'm aware of that. What I was saying is that I read a couple of articles that specifically said this particular strain was engineered - this wasn't some random conspiracy theory stuff, but actual discussion of scientific work involving the virus back in 2015.

And yes, it sounded like they were studying it to work on a vaccine - it sounded like it was likely accidentally released, not on purpose. 

Considering some of the things China does to its citizens, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me. 

Now apparently that may not actually be (entirely) true but the sources I saw are legitimate in so far as they did exist and the details appeared legitimate.

I've been having some technical problems with my computer for the past couple of days so I couldn't go back to check the sources again (hate trying to browse on a phone), but having a quick glance now on my phone, it seems they weren't as reliable as I initially thought, so I apologise for misinformation.

The BBC has a decent write-up on all the various conspiracies.

The one I saw fits somewhere in the "outbreak planned" and "bioweapon" categories, but it seemed more grounded in reality overall. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/blogs-trending-51271037 for anyone who wants to read it. 

Anyway, I wasn't trying to spread conspiracy theories (as intriguing as some of them are, most are obviously nonsense, and I promise I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist), but being barked at over it isn't exactly helping.

Let's just drop it, please. I thought I was providing valid information. I was wrong. I'm sorry.

5 hours ago, Zor said:

where do you get your news from ?? ?

Lethality is at circa 2.3 %  last estimate. That would be an absolutely retarded weapon, as obviously if you release a contagious disease in HK, mainland China would be hit as well ...

It was something I was reading. Don't remember what. This is why I wasn't going to post anything about it at all, but... I did. Guess I regret it now, for a multitude of reasons... 

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

ok, honestly there is like 1k pages talking about tacos... I tried to casually pick up on it but wtf are you guys on about?

Go ask Atari on reddit. 

And then they'll ban you for nothing and you'll be none the wiser. 

Apart from tacos though... I have no idea. It's not like Atari has anything to talk about. I wish they'd just release their stuff into public domain already. 

Edited by TankedThomas
(More) Clarification
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Atari SA gave Tacos filled with Corona virus to the workers in the factory in China to delay production. Who wouldn't turn away Corona and tacos? Certainly not the Chinese. That's what Atari was betting on.

EDIT: 69th post. Do i get anything for that. Maybe a taco in my facgiphy.gif

Edited by JasperAK
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I have the Corona in my system and I feel great. 

B7MJYwvCcAASCrM.thumb.jpg.928e701742470678e6faf247f75988dc.jpg

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Still not man made but given to us by the taco gods.

??

Now you've made me go out and pick some up.  I think it was the juicy lime bathing in a sea of caressing bubbles...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I'M CONTAGIOUS! 

Yeah, tacos and a Corona sounds pretty good right now.

BTW, we got multiple C&D's from taco manufacturers.  I guess they don't like free advertising.

J/K

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Doctor Taco Dope reporting for duty!

? ? ?

drtacodope.thumb.png.a5bfd27021feab09f3dff4ecaf950437.png

10 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Taco WIKI summary?

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I don't drink alcohol ...

getout.gif.00b741b531651abef57dfaac9207e1e4.gif

5 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Here we go:  

The post that started it all.

pray.gif.523436917f6045bbab48cd70f458cdfd.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Last night (or rather this morning) I dreamt that Atari had published an update finally admitting the project was over. Some random guy from a factory or something in Eastern Europe had screwed Atari by inadvertently losing 'everything' - which means they had no backup (it's a dream, remember). The funniest part of the update was a photo/video in which someone from Atari was scolding the poor guy (with his wife next to him for some reason). Atari was of course very upset about the all thing, or at least that was what the update tried to convey.

I think the meaning of this dream is that I spend too much time here, and the dream may come from my frustration one of my jokes went completely ignored in another thread. ?

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

scolding the poor guy (with his wife next to him for some reason)

Like an American political sex scandal. 

It's funny that we have these little rituals, like publicly apologizing for transgressing social norms, or following through after taking three million dollars from people who just wanted some old games. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Last night (or rather this morning) I dreamt that Atari had published an update finally admitting the project was over. Some random guy from a factory or something in Eastern Europe had screwed Atari by inadvertently losing 'everything' - which means they had no backup (it's a dream, remember). The funniest part of the update was a photo/video in which someone from Atari was scolding the poor guy (with his wife next to him for some reason). Atari was of course very upset about the all thing, or at least that was what the update tried to convey.

I think the meaning of this dream is that I spend too much time here, and the dream may come from my frustration one of my jokes went completely ignored in another thread. ?

If said scolded person was named Mr. Lee, then you need to worry.

(Not sure how long you have been on these boards, but just search for Coleco Chameleon, grab a bowl of popcorn and read another cluster duck..)

• Haha 3