IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

11 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

It's copied from Atari's Facebook post:

1446473049_Screenshot2020-02-2713_50_35.thumb.png.cddf315763a9f221a3b82cb44bb31300.png

BTW: I noticed Atari deleted this Facebook comment thread after responding for some reason:

1348943944_Screenshot2020-02-2515_24_11.png.bb7f497b7c89dec418dec0ddfeb09916.png

Wow, the Atari Box is finally showing off its stuff to the public by demoing its ability to run Anstream.

... which is something my six-year-old Galaxy S5 can do with ease. So I am more then a little underwhelmed if this is the best they have to show on the system. Not exactly fulfilling the 'Game, Stream and Connect like never before' promise.

It still will be quite interesting to finally hear some first hand, non-vetted reports on the system and how well it actually runs.

As for the backers, I sympathize with them a bit over this.

f105de3f16e8382e4fa445d15e409411.gif

.. but at the same time I am getting a lot of entertainment as a spectator for this non-stop trainwreck of a project!

• Like 11

Reminder that Antstream doesn't have a Linux app, so they'll still have to run it on Windows or under Wine. Or they have a Linux build in progress which will probably manage to break GPL because Atari is clever that way. 

I'm half-expecting them to stand at the front of the line with pen and paper (NDAs) for people to sign before going hands-on. Or that "hands-on" is the same thing we saw from that softball CES video where the guy got to hold a controller. How riveting. 

5 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Yes.

Angry Ice Cream | Know Your Meme

I assume this is the face Fred made whilst reading Feargal Mac's email. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, CPUWIZ said:

Small TV?  Extension cable fetish? :P

Ehh… I just find it annoying to have to sync my controllers up with my PC all the time. Then you gotta charge them when the battery is low, and after a while the built-in rechargeable battery actually gets permanently weaker. :P I'd rather just stick with a USB controller if I'm given the option to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Agillig said:

Here's a Tweet with a video of someone playing a VCS.  Looks like Fatal Fury 2.

"Hey, we're finally going to show this off in some kind of non-controlled public setting, which game should we show for it?"

"Well, definitely nothing that would be an Atari game, THAT would be crazy! Let's show something slow and available on everything."

"Ok, should we mention something about the progress on production? The natives are getting restless"

"Mums the word!"

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

"Hey, we're finally going to show this off in some kind of non-controlled public setting, which game should we show for it?"

"Well, definitely nothing that would be an Atari game, THAT would be crazy! Let's show something slow and available on everything."

"Ok, should we mention something about the progress on production? The natives are getting restless"

"Mums the word!"

Yep that is indeed Fatal Furty 2  So congrats VCS, you can do the exact same thing my $79 Retro Pie can do.

• Like 5