Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

 

Shitloads!  Pity they can't be used as an alternative to TP. 😎

Put it in a squeeze bottom and spray it in the land down under. Shake it up first for more of a power wash.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at my money I gave Atari as a ticket to a circus. It isn't really the best circus but it can be quite entertaining at times. And it certainly cost too much. Even when the un-console is never released. I'll always have the fond memories of Biff, John and the Werner Bros.

 

I've made some friends and way too many enemies but it was all worth it to enjoy the tacos.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

F1JV could easily come here since it doesn't require throwing money down a toilet.

 

Unless of course he is the Biffster who got banned from here a while back. 

 

Maybe we should invite him here to dogpile on him. Well, surely Atari Age wouldn't allow something that petty.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I look at my money I gave Atari as a ticket to a circus. It isn't really the best circus but it can be quite entertaining at times. And it certainly cost too much. Even when the un-console is never released. I'll always have the fond memories of Biff, John and the Werner Bros.

 

I've made some friends and way too many enemies but it was all worth it to enjoy the tacos.

Hey, at least you've maintained a sense of humor thru this debacle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

F1JV could easily come here since it doesn't require throwing money down a toilet.

 

Unless of course he is the Biffster who got banned from here a while back. 

 

He probably won't last a few seconds here as he's been drinking the Kool-Aid.  Sunny D though would involve a strong toilet and plenty of magazines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

Maybe we should invite him here to dogpile on him. Well, surely Atari Age wouldn't allow something that petty.

Yeah. I think some of the previously banned should be let back in. I'm sure some of them finally understand this thread is about tacos and having fun.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah. I think some of the previously banned should be let back in. I'm sure some of them finally understand this thread is about tacos and having fun.

My big problem with most of the banned were the fact that they didn't really argue the fact, they just insisted that water wasn't wet, the sky was orange, and Atari was this amazingly brilliant video game maker that had all their ducks in a row.  The ones I'm thinking of couldn't Have a discussion because they never actually addressed the issues at hand.

 

 

if that's the tactic we can expect, AA doesn't need them back.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

Maybe we should invite him here to dogpile on him. Well, surely Atari Age wouldn't allow something that petty.

Oof!

  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, digdugnate said:

we should all play cornhole together.

Are you flirting with me?

  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to keep a sense of humor about this. I've done some dumb shit in my life. Giving Atari money isn't the worst and I'm sure it won't be the last.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

we should all play cornhole together.

I'd invite you all over but Covid and all that. Maybe once this is all over we can meet up have a Corona or help Australia get rid of their Fosters.20200322_201301.thumb.jpg.a08aedbd9906dad2f2050f8bdc8d7364.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking up stuff and this article got me thinking about how Atari was acting like they were being bullied. They might want to read this. They might learn something.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpost.com/entry/bullying_b_2188819/amp

 

On another note I'm making homemade corn tortillas tomorrow. Anyone got advice? It is always hit or miss when making them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Shitloads!  Pity they can't be used as an alternative to TP. 

Sounds like it would actually require more toilet paper. 

 

Something you can apparently only get by fighting for it at Woolworths now. ;)

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Was looking up stuff and this article got me thinking about how Atari was acting like they were being bullied. They might want to read this. They might learn something.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpost.com/entry/bullying_b_2188819/amp

A surprisingly thoughtful article from Huffpost. Thanks for sharing. And yes, I think they might, though in their minds, disagreeing = trolling = bullying = a declaration of war (or perhaps war itself). 

2 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Atari is like those dogs that beg to be petted, but when they do get petted, they start growling.  

Or my cat, who'll decide she'd rather play. With claws and teeth. That's pretty one-sided entertainment... Kinda like us laughing at VCS backers, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - here's a solution to two problems at the same time:

 

Atari just has to announce that their stock can be used as toilet paper.

 

Boom. Done.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Atari is like those dogs that beg to be petted, but when they do get petted, they start growling.  

I'd say it's more like one of those dogs that just dissolves into vapour when you try to pet it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

The pet rock of consoles?

I think we made that analogy on this thread, like 900 pages back? Good short-term attention getter, too bad about the price? And wait? But the general uselessness is similar and it made the inventor very rich. That last part isn't happening here. 
 

Atari will be posting its financial report in just a few days. They're always quick with the good news but hold the bad news back as long as they can. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I think we made that analogy on this thread, like 900 pages back? Good short-term attention getter, too bad about the price? And wait? But the general uselessness is similar and it made the inventor very rich. That last part isn't happening here. 
 

Atari will be posting its financial report in just a few days. They're always quick with the good news but hold the bad news back as long as they can. 

To bad it isn't today. I'm attempting tacos. Going to have some family fun time today trying to make the tortillas.

 

Just need a cervesa and lime. Unfortunately beer was not on my priorities of things to stock up on. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, Flojomojo said:

Dumb cheap gift to (1) make the recipient laugh, (2) the creator rich, and (3) the retailer to stock a fun thing for $4 each.

 

01dahl-2-obit-master315.jpg

 

Pet Rock cost $4 in 1975, which would be $18.25 today.

 

Atari Speaker Hat® will cost $130 in late 2017, which would be like $28.49 in 1975.

 

Speaker Hat® is not 7x better than Pet Rock.

!! Speaker Hat !!  
 

💩 🧢 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...