IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

18 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

i think it would've been funnier if they called them 'Atari Magic Beans', though.

... or, even funnier (at least for those of us who remember Dot-Com 1.0), Atari Beenz.  Or maybe Atari Flooz.

(Hey, they seem to be all about bringing back defunct brands, so why not?)

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, racerx said:

Please. Please. Please. Please, Atari.

Good grief. This guy's taken over the Most Pathetic Unrequited Love title from Max lvi.

Hopefully he learns a good life lesson from all this.   Although I'm sure history will be rewritten that the VCS was mere weeks from being released until COVID 19 came around.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Isn't this one of the people that would go after anyone in the IGG comments if they were asking for updates/news/etc.?

He's definitely one of the feistier supporters.   I get it that they want info, but at some point you have to accept you got played.  This system being released this year was a long shot as it was.  With the disruption to the economy and supply chain, they might as well forget it.  If they EVER release this system, I'll be shocked.

• Like 2

I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/04/08/atari_vcs_architect_sues/

While some is the same info we knew about, there was this new tidbit that you can throw onto the enormous pile of examples of "Atari refusing to pay out promises"

Wyatt and Conuladh are not the only people who claimed to have been ripped off by Atari. We have spoken to a contestant on a short-lived TV game show that was developed by Atari, and based on one of its classic games. This contestant won their episode, though said they never received the prize money despite repeated requests.

Granted, I'm 100% sure that the King of the VCShills will just dismiss it all as "nonsense" and "garbage," since he lacks the intellectual capacity to refute any of the accusations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Impprtant announcement:

With the stay at home stuff and all, I seem to have put on a few pounds, so I'm switching to taco salads for the duration. 

Any updates for a release date? I'm curious how much weight I'll lose before release.

20200408_135914.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toiletunes said:

Impprtant announcement:

With the stay at home stuff and all, I seem to have put on a few pounds, so I'm switching to taco salads for the duration. 

Any updates for a release date? I'm curious how much weight I'll lose before release.

20200408_135914.jpg

Well if you eat based on news you will lose lots of weight.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/04/08/atari_vcs_architect_sues/

While some is the same info we knew about, there was this new tidbit that you can throw onto the enormous pile of examples of "Atari refusing to pay out promises"

Granted, I'm 100% sure that the King of the VCShills will just dismiss it all as "nonsense" and "garbage," since he lacks the intellectual capacity to refute any of the accusations.

It seems to be a reoccurring pattern at Atari, refusing to pay their bills and/or re-writing signed contracts to their advantage, forcing it to go to court and then settling out for less then what was actually owed.

I can see why Atari does it, why pay everything you owe someone when you can force them to settle for considerably less rather then the hassle of fighting it out in court forever, but you would think soon they are going to burn enough bridges that they will get to a point where no-one will be willing to sign a deal with them. If you know they will quite happily knife you in the back first chance they get if they think it will save them a buck, that reputation would make it challenging to find people willing to work for you I would think.

• Like 5