Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

^
Atari needs E.T
E.T = Extra Time

I wonder how Atari is going to process all the orders? Will it be a First in First Out proceedure or will it be Last in First Out, or perhaps based on logistics of where units need to be shipped. Perhaps ship a few skids to a certain state then redistribute them there or just from 1 location and pay for Shipping by the National shipping services. What about the packaging? What does it look like. These are all questions I will never get answers to because I highly doubt backer units will be produced. That 3 million will be gone after Lawsuits galore. This is going to be another Cancel Culture thing, social media whatever BS... 
"Cancel Atari, Don't let them Play!"

If I was Taco Tallarico, Sony, Apple, Google, Microsoft or Nintendo I would be quaking in my boots right now.
The great ATARI is going to RISE FROM THE ASHES!!! AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS A NEW ORDER!!!!
For I am the Ataricopalypse!  Gaze upon the future and TREMBLE!!!

(Allegedly)
 


chezapocalypse.jpg

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

So it took them two months to get 96 units cooked up?

 

 

 

 

 

Well to be fair... they have had a lot longer than two months.  They've been working on this thing for, what, three years now?  Wait that doesn't make it sound better.

 

#butCovid19

 

Defender2600.jpg.9fd2676e13d1e9bded31f890ee7b4a06.jpg

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cybercylon said:

Three more and they could have had....

 

No, I won't....

 

 

Heck, I will...

 

99 Atacoboxes on the wall, 99 Atacoboxes,

If one of those shells should happen to fall,

98 Atacoboxes....

 

Or....

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the original but that's a good one 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, godslabrat said:

Two months ago, they "flipped the switch".  I'd challenge them to answer if they're reliably able to make more than one unit per day, at that rate.

Oh, I believe they "flipped the switch"..

 

.. much like I do when I "flip the switch" on in the bathroom at night when I have to take a leak. 🤔

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, txsizzler said:

Oh, I believe they "flipped the switch"..

 

.. much like I do when I "flip the switch" on in the bathroom at night when I have to take a leak. 🤔

Bet you were Streaming like never before! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

Edited by GoldLeader
Just thought maybe the above comment was funnier without me adding whatever this comment must have been...
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so lets get this straight, again.

 

500 units was promised to developers, some people did assume that some lucky backers might have got in this action mainly because:

 

a) There was probably never going to be 500 people interested in developing

b) It might have been smart advertisement to have super fan backers to grab one so they can rave about it.

 

The 500 has arrived, except its only 96, except these aren't necessarily going to developers, but retail to try and push its viability as a product.

 

This means it doesn't even have 96 developers, which we all knew wasn't going to happen anyway (although 96 staff members of a smaller number of developers might have made sense), but its already a lot less than 500.

 

No confirmed developers still, no confirmed games being developed. I still feel like they will get something out of the hat at the last moment... but they are still pushing it...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they actually deliver the 12K units now, No one will waste time to develop games or optimize them for an audience of 500!

500! HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Even 12,000 people, if all of them bought the game it would still not be enough. Unless you can convice each person to buy the same game TWICE!.
Tripple A games sell for $60 for a reason, everyone has to get a cut.

The only game I can think of that could be made by a small group of talent that would not suck lemons is CupHead.
Other games like Bomberman as well but I will leave that stuff up to Taco Tallarico on the Amico.

I do not see the VCS going anywhere,

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at your door
Da da da (da da da)
Da da da (da da da)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenor.gif.e5f3ff7d7be42acad694bad957216475.gif

Cookie Monster is still waiting for his video game delivery.

 

I think The Producers is good but Cookie could expand his tastes with The Tacos Makers on off Broadway.

image0.gif.21d00a95ee48583a7c2bc7ddedfdb823.gif

 

Don't forget to smile and have some fun. Oh and don't forget to have some tacos too.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OCAT said:

Unless they actually deliver the 12K units now, No one will waste time to develop games or optimize them for an audience of 500!

500! HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Even 12,000 people, if all of them bought the game it would still not be enough. Unless you can convice each person to buy the same game TWICE!.
Tripple A games sell for $60 for a reason, everyone has to get a cut.
 

Yep. Making games isn't a cheap business. There is a reason that so many titles go multi-plat; Developers are businesses first, as you can't make games without making money.

 

When Nintendo released the WiiU in 2012, it sold around 425,000 units in that first month. Despite being the successor to one of the hottest gaming consoles of all time, and having a name like Nintendo attached to it, all that wasn't enough to keep 3rd party devs on board. They focused their resources elsewhere, and the WiiU hobbled along until it became a footnote. The VCS over it's lifetime won't even manage a sliver of the first month's worth of WiiU sales.

 

11-12k is nothing in this business. It's beyond a flop. Even the failed Ouya did better than that initially to the tune of 50-60k units. Atari has done nothing to fuel sales beyond that, and when people do finally get their little underpowered PC box, no one is suddenly going to scream "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" for something that can barely get CoD to work. Especially when you'll have the PS5, XBSX, Switch and even the Amico to compete with. No major studio is going to commit any kind of resource to it, it's just that simple. Nostalgia can't cover up for incompetence, and that+lawsuits is all Atari has left to peddle.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

... is all Atari has left to paddle.

 

Fixed that for you....

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I watched about 90 seconds worth and I gotta admit, until now I had no idea how a "Pong Quest" game could work.   Now,  I think it would be fun, if it was on a console and played with a joystick for exploring/moving/overworld type stuff, and a Paddle for the Pong battles.

 

And yet, Atari has never mentioned whether or not this game would grace their unconsole.   And even though "No news is good news",  I highly doubt it will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Yep. Making games isn't a cheap business. There is a reason that so many titles go multi-plat; Developers are businesses first, as you can't make games without making money.

 

When Nintendo released the WiiU in 2012, it sold around 425,000 units in that first month. Despite being the successor to one of the hottest gaming consoles of all time, and having a name like Nintendo attached to it, all that wasn't enough to keep 3rd party devs on board. They focused their resources elsewhere, and the WiiU hobbled along until it became a footnote. The VCS over it's lifetime won't even manage a sliver of the first month's worth of WiiU sales.

 

11-12k is nothing in this business. It's beyond a flop. Even the failed Ouya did better than that initially to the tune of 50-60k units. Atari has done nothing to fuel sales beyond that, and when people do finally get their little underpowered PC box, no one is suddenly going to scream "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" for something that can barely get CoD to work. Especially when you'll have the PS5, XBSX, Switch and even the Amico to compete with. No major studio is going to commit any kind of resource to it, it's just that simple. Nostalgia can't cover up for incompetence, and that+lawsuits is all Atari has left to peddle.

 

 

 

 

How many units did Dreamcast sell?  10 million?  And was still considered a commercial failure.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least some of these units are going to "media influencers" which should mean articles and YouTube videos should be forthcoming. I'm so excited

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtariLeaf said:

At least some of these units are going to "media influencers" which should mean articles and YouTube videos should be forthcoming. I'm so excited

I don't know... unless the YTer in question is totally in the tank for Atari, it wouldn't benefit them to have this thing be reviewed.

 

so, maybe Huckster81.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agillig said:

How many units did Dreamcast sell?  10 million?  And was still considered a commercial failure.   

yea but to be fair it had a return rate of about 9 million the day PS2 came out 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Osgeld said:

yea but to be fair it had a return rate of about 9 million the day PS2 came out 

The new Atari VCS had a return rate of about 3 million before itself came out.
🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's Uberstrategist retweeting themselves using the Atari account to make it look like some people received the Atari VCS:

 

602928431_Screenshot2020-06-2715_07_31.thumb.png.aa5902e70c42ac84aefc4984d2d8da98.png

 

1517252358_Screenshot2020-06-2715_07_45.png.933b06228b0a2ae17383121a774c05fb.png

 

 

605898333_Screenshot2020-06-2806_31_48.thumb.png.b49e13ce4422b610caa32441197ae1fd.png

 

1646727986_Screenshot2020-06-2806_32_13.png.c06f15a9db73388392aa7926ace90c07.png

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

I don't know... unless the YTer in question is totally in the tank for Atari, it wouldn't benefit them to have this thing be reviewed.

 

so, maybe Huckster81.

Sorry I forgot to use 😉 in my post so....😉🤣😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uberstrategist can't possibly do any worse than Atari can at marketing their device, in fact, if they do nothing, they still did better than Atari can at marketing the device.

 

Edit: Actually here is a few tips for Uberstrategiest to start with, I'll give these out free of charge:

 

1) Get Atari to stop doing the weird silent and worse than amateur videos when they are trying to increase interest in their product.

2) Get Atari to not make sniping comments or swear on their social media accounts.

3) If Atari can't get any developers to actually make games for the device, or even optimise existing games for the device, go through steam and find which games CAN work without negative comments and sell that at least.

4) Pay codemystics to make an expanded Atari Vault given that's who we actually tend to respect to make a decent product.

 

Good Luck Uberstrategist, wouldn't want your job!

Edited by Mikebloke
wrong code company lol
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...