IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Were supposed to preorder something that we have no idea what it even is?

Is this thing run by Tom Sawyer?

No, ol' tommy went to Connecticut and started a leather company...

Folks, don't be fooled by the upcoming 'Ataribox'. Instead, you should invest your money more wisely in a technically competent and beautiful looking machine by Commodore!

Let me introduce to you the Commodore Plus/4...

home_c116_small.jpg

This wizard of a machine is far better than the Ataribox... it actually exists for a start! It has 4 productivity software programs built-in to the ROM out of the box. And what has the Ataribox got? Nothing.

It also is a fully backwards-compatible machine with Commodore 16 software, meaning that if you like your games colourful yet jerky and blocky then you will be spoiled for choice due to the slew of titles available from the outset. You can also benefit from the revolutionary MOS Technologies 6551 UART chip which will enable hi-speed internet access at 19,200 bit/s! Your internet service provider will struggle to keep up!

In addition, this little minx sports better aesthetic qualities than the proposed Ataribox. You like the aerated ridges of Atari's new concept? Well, we have those in spades with the Commodore Plus/4! It also models some truly gorgeous angular lines that will be the envy of all your friends. Trust me when I say this: when your friends walk in to your living room in a few years time, and see this beauty sitting beneath your TV, it will be a real conversation piece. Who couldn't resist the chiclet-styled keyboard and forward-thinking cursor keys?

So, don't wait until 14th December to crowdfund a concept wrapped in a render that will evaporate into the aether... order a Commodore Plus/4 from us today! We have limited stock left of thousands in a warehouse in the Phillipines and we can't guarantee availability leading up to Christmas!

Ohhhhhh...... so it will ship dec-32,0000?

Edited by TheTIGuy

I can't help but think that something like this is going on at Atari...

But with game consoles.

And Thursday, we're going to find out that instead of delicious, actual tacos, three idiots in a kitchen have been putting together the Ataribox.

Metaphorically.

Watch at your own risk.

• Like 2

Well got mine coming! Delivery date set.

Anyone else pre order the atari thing?

I can not wait for atari thing..

It is black has a button or two maybe. The joysticks are out of this world only your imagination can make them appear.

The games!! Wow!! Ever play intellivision donkey kong?? Its like that but like as enjoyable as wiping your ass with steel wool while suffering from third degree hemorrhoids.

Instead of watching TV tonight, I read this thread and it did not disappoint. If anything, hopefully we will get some new info in a few days(like what the heck is being offered). So far there has been a lot of nothing shown and that is not going to encourage anyone to invest. Also, the whole Indiegogo thing and pre orders is not being honest. You are guaranteed nothing by going that route. There are so many people that want this to be successful, the announcement is sure to disappoint.

• Like 8

I'll expect they'll all be hearing this when it turns out to be just a fart in the wind.

Atari box.. Only is crowd funded, then the box is gone

Atari's dreammss.. Pass before my eyes a cloud of stinky steam..

Farrrtt in the winnddd!

Ataribox is fart in the wind!!!

(With apologies to Kansas)

• Like 5

I received an email from them (Atari) with a link to the IndieGoGo site which tells me exactly as much as I knew before about what it is they want me to fund... which is something that looks somewhat similar to a late 70's wood-grain home video game system with an Atari logo but without a cartridge slot, switches or joysticks. Is that 21 second youtube video supposed to be the clincher?

• Like 2

While watching morning news I saw this and I have no more words.

http://www.wdio.com/GMN/tech-bytes-apple-atari/4703880/?cat=12780

:lolblue: today in big business, old business, and kid business ...

In today's Tech Bytes, Apple is taking over the music- recognition service Shazam. The deal is estimated to be worth $400 million. Apple says Shazam has been one of the most popular iOS applications. No word on Apple's plans for the app.

Pre-orders for the new "Atari Box" started Tuesday. It's inspired by the "Atari 2600," and will play both classic Atari games, and some more modern ones. The new home console will be released next spring. It's expected to sell for between $250 and $300.

A six-year-old earned $11 million in a year for reviewing toys on YouTube. Forbes says he's one of the highest-paid YouTubers. He and his family have been making videos since pre-school! His parents claim they'll shut it all down, the moment Ryan says he wants to quit.

• Like 3