IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Anything developed on Unity3d can be exported to Linus(oh wait, I have to say Linux). My stuff is on Windows and Android. As far as Linus goes (sorry, Linux), I have not been sussesful in installing Linus (sorry again, Linux) Mint on my old laptop. I think the DVD is messed up. And no, it's under a different company name which I do not share. Sorry.

If you need a beta-tester.. Yeah, I'm aware that both Unity 3D and Unreal Engine 4.x now have an 'export to Linux' function. Have you tried installing via USB stick? Weirdly Optical drives are going the way of the Floppy Drive, most newer laptops and pre-built computers don't even have them anymore.

Or an Applebox:

attachicon.gifapplebox.jpg

Not to be confused with:

attachicon.gifapple-box.jpg

Pretty sure that last one isn't a rendering though. Plus, we have a pretty good idea of what's actually inside it.

Oh god, my eyes! That looks so hideous. Never understood how some people like the Apple/Mac aesthetic...

Another one of those words again. AHHHH

Skin crawl = TRUE

Who?

Haha, it's when people spell ridiculous with a 're' that also drives me nuts. I see that ALL the time.

I apologize, I actually DO know and have worked with some people that are that dumb. He also referred to the operating system as Linus. He finally started saying it right after I corrected him, but then he NEVER would get NFS right (always calling it NSF). Then again it's also the same guy who thought you couldn't resume a download via FTP...

It's like calling a TRS-80 a 'Trash 80' or a Super Nintendo a "cness" (SNES) or a Ataribox an "AtariMintBox" or a Nintendo 64 "Project UN-Reality'. If you look at some of my old videos, I mention things like "Windows Chicago" and "Information Superhighway", however that's what people were calling them at that time. Not Windows 95 or Internet. You get the idea.

If you need a beta-tester.. Yeah, I'm aware that both Unity 3D and Unreal Engine 4.x now have an 'export to Linux' function. Have you tried installing via USB stick? Weirdly Optical drives are going the way of the Floppy Drive, most newer laptops and pre-built computers don't even have them anymore.

"Stellar Combat Area" is on hold for a few months. I will be showing off 'pitfalls of Natheria' next month for an expo. There will be distibutors there. I know cause one told me I had to go there and show them off. I am 99 percent done. I am doing the bad guys right now and then it's just balancing it. Not much.

Once the game is done then I'll give Linus (sorry, Linus) another shot at installing. The only reason is to test for the Ataribox with runs Linus (damn, sorry. Lexus).

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

Joking aside, someday I will have such a story to tell. There are people involved that will surprise you, twists and turns that will astound.

Steve Woita? :ponder:

post-2641-0-88164200-1513122714.jpg

I can only say that I honestly believe that the people involved really do want this to succeed.

I'm sure they do. Anyone entering any business venture (unless it's a tax write-off) wants it to succeed.

The question is - do they have the ability to actually make that happen?

Thursday had better bring some significant software announcements with it. A box just won't do.

• Like 3

Steve Woita? :ponder:

attachicon.gifwoita-and-friends.jpg

I'm sure they do. Anyone entering any business venture (unless it's a tax write-off) wants it to succeed.

The question is - do they have the ability to actually make that happen?

Thursday had better bring some significant software announcements with it. A box just won't do.

I don't know, sure seems a few of the guys that were in charge of Commodore certainly wanted it to fail. At least Atari during the last of the Tramiel days seemed to at least WANT to succeed.

if you pull your head out of your ass once in a while you would know Windows Chicago was a thing

Windows chicago was a code name for windows 95. If you watch my 1994 SCES video I talked about the OS on my desktop as Windows Chicago. This was months before Windows 95 was released. I also mention the information superhighway. This is what everyone was referring it to. We connected via Delphi and other service. I even show the service with message groups (maybe it was IRC) and emails.

BTW: I was the FIRST software reviewer on the internet. Just those videos were in 1994. However I did reviews on videotape back around 1986-1987ish. I remember doing Atari ST reviews like Phantasie around that time. I worked at a computer company selling computers so I had access to tons of software. But thanks for asking.

But geez, the hatred here. looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

• Like 1

If you watch my 1994 SCES video

I don't care

BTW: I was the FIRST software reviewer on the internet.

I sincerely doubt that

But thanks for asking.

I didn't, cause I don't care

But geez, the hatred here. looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

we were all getting along just fine without you ... think about it

• Like 2

But since you asked and seem cool, here are some screen shots. I am updating unity today with the latest version and just happened to open up the game. These are from the editor so you see extra stuff.

Basically, you have tanks, planes and mechs. There are multiple wordls (ice, desert, populated). There are arenas and you battle it out. 1-4 players.

I will not be comfortable with preordering until I see the prototype being supplied power by a standard power supply allowing a fuzzy window to be moved around the screen with a mouse in their dining room lab. And also a heaping plate of tacos on the table.

• Like 9

I will not be comfortable with preordering until I see the prototype being supplied power by a standard power supply allowing a fuzzy window to be moved around the screen with a mouse in their dining room lab. And also a heaping plate of tacos on the table.

So.. they should at least honor all of those that have participated in this thread by having one of the crowd funding tiers include Tacos. In fact, they should have a lower tier one where they just sell tacos to fund the AtariBox.

• Like 2

Words, yo. Just words.. but yes.. yes it hurts. Since vs Sense.

Game looks pretty cool though, just needs to use Vulkan and support VR :)

I never said I could spell. Maybe VR. 3d and VR are the same thing. Just 2 cameras being rendered. The game is on hold till at least the summer. Once, I get these other 2 games done, then I'll revisit it. Long story short, I lost all of the variables (hundreds of them) and thus it will not work. I did spend 1 1/2 years on it full time though so it's really far along. I'm guessing it'll take 1-2 months to redo what I lost. I did have a playable 1 player game. I was just starting the multiplayer version.

BTW: it's Atari 2600 VCS combat in 3d if you haven't figured it out.

I never said I could spell. Maybe VR. 3d and VR are the same thing. Just 2 cameras being rendered. The game is on hold till at least the summer. Once, I get these other 2 games done, then I'll revisit it. Long story short, I lost all of the variables and thus it will not work. I did spend 1 1/2 years on it though so it's really far along.

BTW: it's Atari 2600 VCS combat in 3d if you haven't figured it out.

I take it as a commonality that programmers can't spell. Not sure what it is, but it's like they can talk to a computer and tell it what to do, but damned if they could write a novel or anything. :)

There is a bit more to VR than just rendering everything into two different monitors at different angles. That makes it 'real 3d'. VR requires head tracking, and hopefully something a little more than game pad controls. Granted, Battlezone is only via gamepad, but damn it's fun! Something like Combat could totally be played that way though!

• Like 1