IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Joking aside, someday I will have such a story to tell. There are people involved that will surprise you, twists and turns that will astound.

Do we find out with tomorrow's big "reveal" that Kevtris and Ben Heck have teamed up to make this thing?

Joking aside.... will the Ataribox Indiegogo campaign be an "all or nothing" fundraiser or "we take whatever we can get" affair? As you mentioned, they may set the bar low just to ensure the goal is met and they can claim it was an amazing success. Let's say they ask for $100,000, but only get $80,000 in funding. Will Ataribox get to keep that money, or will they get nothing if the goal isn't met?

I usually don't get into childless arguments on social media that I know is hate bate. Doesn't matter if it's youtube, twitter, facebook, or forems. It just never stops. But here goes anyway.

You don't "invent" a video. That doesn't even make sense. I was on CompuServe, Delphi, PeopleLink and AOL around that time. I do not recall anyone before 1994 posting video game reviews on the internet. You had to pay hundreds of dollars for a domain name, hundreds of dollars a year in fees, program in code as there was no WYSIWYG yet and you were limited to a few meg. My first pages were reviews of businesses which looks a lot like Angie's list today. I didn't have the database skills at that time to do it right so I stopped. It mostly was text and some pictures. I have videos of these as well.

Reviews go back to the Roman and Greek times on plays. They are not new. There were TV shows like Starcade on video games. I never claimed to be the first reviewer of anything. I said I was the first reviewer of video games on the internet with videos. It was in 1994 until someone can prove me wrong. I don't mean text reviews as magazines have been around sense the printing press was invented.

As far as being stuck in 1994 for the videos, I thank you for the compliment. That's the idea. It's supposed to look like that. I have edited documentaries that have won Emmy's and Telly's at least 3 times for best documentary. I do have skills as a editor, director, producer and really all areas (I have directed TV shows for 2 national TV networks). The youtube stuff is just for fun as I don't make money off of it.

Now, i do reviews of games on youtube, travel to expos, write video games and am a big supporter of Atari. That's more than you have ever done. All some people do is complain about stuff. On 12/14/2017 there will be more complaining. When it comes out over the summer more complaining. It never stops. So I am moving on.

Now, enough with the personal attacks. This is a Ataribox thread so let's get back to that.

Sorry, but no, that's not how it works. You're the one making the ridiculous claim and you haven't produced even a shred of proof that what you are claiming is true. Moreover, your dates continue to be inconsistent. I would assume you created your Youtube "About" page and that clearly says 1995. There were other video game publications that were up on the Internet starting in 1994 including Game Zero.

You're also wrong about what a website cost in 1994. I know because I was actually a candidate for local office that year and I actually bought a domain and hosting and had lots of photos and text content. It literally cost me under $50 (I still have the campaign receipts) even in those days all in and I did the design myself using the crude tools that my hosting provider made available.

You have no idea what I've done, but it's pretty clear that you're just a blowhard who has never figured out a way to develop an actual audience for your poorly produced videos and yet you keep on making them. I mean, there are literally young Youtubers just starting out that have larger views on a single video than all of your videos combined. In any event, your constant references to your awards and accomplishments tells me a lot about the kind of person you are. For someone who wants to get back to the topic, you sure have spent a lot of time bragging about things the rest of us see as meaningless and unimportant. Maybe you should take your own advice and stop the blind support for a product that has nothing to do with "Atari" other than the scraps of some ancient IP that many other companies have owned or licensed over the years and either participate in the discussion in a meaningful way or just go away as nobody here wants to be attacked or abused by you.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 5

Anybody want to make any predictions and/or take bets as to what tomorrow will hold for the start of the Ataribox's crowd-funding campaign?

lots of gloss, amd linux order now

sadly I doubt there will be any taco's

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

I invented the original taco, and no one made tacos earlier than me. If anyone can prove me wrong go ahead, but you can't because I'm not wrong. Therefore I win. So there. Also, tacos.

I am sure someone is going to report that too.

• Like 3

I actually am really excited about this console X33 I'm totally ready to pre-order it, and I don't even know what it is or how much it costs. xD

Absolutely everything you need to know about Fred Chasnais' and Feargal Mac's thought processes on this thing, summed up right here.

• Like 5

Anybody want to make any predictions and/or take bets as to what tomorrow will hold for the start of the Ataribox's crowd-funding campaign?

Well, NASA is supposed to make a big announcement tomorrow, and all of the Planet X conspiracy people think they are going to announce that Planet Nibiru is coming to end the world, so you better eat tacos while you still can.

All kidding aside, I am not really expecting much of anything.... certainly nothing that will make me pledge money. I suppose in a way, it could get interesting, but not in a way that any one wants to see. With the Coleco Chameleon debacle, MK, etc were caught before they could take people's money and run. There is every chance that once this funding campaign gets going, people that are not as informed could start forking over money. Then this turns into "it hits the fan and spatters" interesting. Yes, people should do the research, but that is no excuse for money being taken if this is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

And if there is something, I don't expect it to be anything more than something that my daughter could order parts for off of the internet and build herself with a little research and elbow grease (As an aside, the really does like the 8 and 16 bit 2D style... haha... despite her mother's opinions about video games).

• Like 4

This thread is starting to be as hard to keep up with as the Chameleon thread. Some of us have to do SOME work while at our desks all day!

Has anyone used the phrase "Taco Brigader" in the thread yet? Because if not, I will be the first person to have said it on the Internet.

I wouldn't want to call anyone a "Taco Hater Brigader" because that would imply hatred of tacos.

• Like 3

I don't expect it to be anything more than something that my daughter could order parts for off of the internet and build herself with a little research and elbow grease

This

Although I doubt she is as good at rendering.

• Like 1