IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

We used to play the Hell outa (Kee Games' )SPRINT back in The day!....Hey, who knew it was actually called SPRINT 2? I swear we all called it SPRINT and never even noticed that that was supposed to be a number; But considering Sprint 1 came out in '78 and Sprint 2 was 1976, The number did not designate a sequel, but rather the number of players.

I guess I did learn something new today!

Edited by GoldLeader

We used to play the Hell outa (Kee Games' )SPRINT back in The day!....Hey, who knew it was actually called SPRINT 2? I swear we all called it SPRINT and never even noticed that that was supposed to be a number; But considering Sprint 1 came out in '78 and Sprint 2 was 1976, The number did not designate a sequel, but rather the number of players.

I guess I did learn something new today!

I sure would love to run into a Sprint 8 or Tank 8 machine some day. I remember playing Sprint 8 and it was a big bastard, but lots of fun. I remember being impressed with the cars being in color, even though I got stuck with a pink car.

• Like 2

So I just got this in my email box having subscribed to Ataribox news

Along with HDMI, 4xUSB, SD ports, it also looks to have an ethernet port , power port and USB C ? port

First look at the Ataribox design.

Thanks again for signing up to learn more about the Ataribox project!

We’ve been blown away by the feedback since the teaser release, and today, we’re excited to share an exclusive first look at the Ataribox design with you.

74b88914-9c00-4168-9000-67854d273af1.jpe734fc959-fa48-4ccf-94ce-feef427ac553.jpe

Our objective is to create a new product that stays true to our heritage while appealing to both old and new fans of Atari.

Inspired by classic Atari design elements (such as the iconic use of wood, ribbed lines, and raised back); we are creating a smooth design, with ribs that flow seamlessly all around the body of the product, a front panel that can be either wood or glass, a front facing logo, indicator lights that glow through the material, and an array of new ports (HDMI, 4xUSB, SD). We intend to release two editions: a wood edition, and a black/red edition.

6517dc55-7833-4007-a611-006d3efc6fa9.jpe

As you can guess, those ports suggest modern internal specs. It also means that while we will be delivering classic gaming content, we will also be delivering current gaming content.

74ec6e13-ed8d-4ce5-8aae-6718e9f5ad94.jpe

We know you are hungry for more details; on specs, games, features, pricing, timing etc. We’re not teasing you intentionally; we want to get this right, so we’ve opted to share things step by step as we bring Ataribox to life, and to listen closely to Atari community feedback as we do so. There are a lot of milestones, challenges and decision points in front of us in the months ahead. We’ll be giving you lots more information and status updates as we progress, and we are thrilled to have you along for the ride!

Hope you like where we are taking this, we’ll be in touch soon.

The Ataribox Project team.

PS: Please let us know what you think via our social channels; and also please like, follow, subscribe, and share as much as possible!
Edited by vcoleiro1
  • Like 4

I personally like the all black version better. I mean the wood grain looks cools, but that all black one just seems to be the one in my eyes. I like that it has an SD slot and when I read the email it sounds like it will have both classic games and modern games. Specs will most likely be the last thing they will tell people. My guess is we will see the controller next. However, being that it uses USB I'm sure any USB controller will work with it (assuming it has the right amount of buttons). Just a guess.

Kind of surprised that they haven't gotten on here to promote their product.

Why? Facebook is a far larger and more important audience. It's real social media as opposed to a BBS-style message forum. Reaching thousands and millions more. Otherwise.. well.. they'd have come here.

If gamepads are in mind for those 4 usb ports at the back, then I would much rather they were at the front of the console

Thats what I was thinking. Though maybe it's part of the Atari charm ;) . The ST connectors were a nightmare!

I guess the gamepads will be wireless though..

Edited by MikeyBigNostril