IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Nintendo also makes money with the hardware. Atari will have a shop and will surely keep the usual 30%.

Did you also email the CEO of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo?

Welcome, Latest New Guy Posting Exclusively For The Ataribox.

As your other three examples are actual, Fortune 500 companies with more than a couple dozen employees, no... he likely did not.

• Like 4

FWIW, Jeff Minter mentioned he stopped by this thread, and walked away because it devolved into "an insane discussion about tacos, or something."

I would seriously consider this a badge of honor for those in this thread, somehow, you've out-weirded Yak. ;)

-Thom

• Like 12

(Emphasis above is mine; wanted to keep as much of the original quote as possible for context.)

Online delivery of software is not free by any stretch of the imagination.

The data has to be housed somewhere. In a modern context, that means multiple geographically-distributed datacentres, each sucking down power and occupying land. Bandwidth isn't free, either: the various carriers providing it each want their cut, and charge each other for traffic ingressing and egressing their networks. Then there's the back- and front-end infrastructure that has to be built so that an end user can click 'buy' and start the whole process, as well as the internal and customer-facing support processes that make sure that the buy button actually works.

There's a lot more to it than that, but saying that online content delivery is free is absolutely incorrect.

I wouldn't spend too much time parsing what this guy says. He's the same guy who got upset when several of us pointed out that he didn't invent Internet video game reviews or in-store video reviews. In any event, the fact that Atari didn't respond to him about his desire to develop games for their non-existent platform probably reflects well on their judgment if nothing else.

• Like 2

My guess is the reason you never hear them talk about games or developers, is that they are planning to use existing content...That plus maybe Roller Coaster Tycoon and some Atari Flashback type titles...

Well that's a given and also HOW could one plan to line up developers without a HDK nor even a SDK ?

• Like 1

Atari to rename themselves as ATARI Blockchain Cryptosystems iminently

Actually, needs to be a picture of the BMX race from California Games with the guy crashing and the little pixels (birdies) floating around his head.

• Like 2

I kid you not, I saw at Goodwill the other day about 10 sealed Roller Coaster Tycoons (1 or 2) games for around $.99 each. They also had sealed copies of Backyard Baseball sealed too. So I'm guessing those who actually BUY the AtariVCSBOXwhatever (if it ever comes out but we know better) are going to be disappointed in the fact they have games under a dollar installed in their boxthingyfromnotATARI.

And I'm guessing their new technology chip is actually a recordable tape player with TDK tapes that break when they rewind back to the beginning.