IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Just out of curiosity..

For the 3 of you that might actually buy one, how important is the Wood-grain Vs the Black unit?

I am sure that the wood-grain edition would be the one most sought after.

Edited by Hwlngmad
  • Like 2

Just out of curiosity..

For the 3 of you that might actually buy one, how important is the Wood-grain Vs the Black unit?

We're talking about the Gameband right??? In either case, I'd go with wood grain. If they're dreaming out of their ass, they should at least go for the extra margin of craftsmanship, kitsch and entertainment value for both products that will never see the light of day. At least the wood grain design has the green builder benefit of saying, "Hey, we may have taken your money and given you nothing, but at least we didn't kill any trees in the end."

91JkldvYlOL._UX342_.jpg

• Like 3

Just out of curiosity..

I'm certainly not one of those three, but given that what little enthusiasm I've seen is coming from the "hey, I remember Atari" crowd, I'd wager it's pretty important.

When you're even using the woodgrain to sell hoodies, I can't believe any alternate model would even be under consideration.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity..

I wouldn't care either way... but I also think the case design is overrated as it is.

• Like 3

Just out of curiosity..

I'm not definitely not buying one, but I'm definitely not going to pre-order one. If this thing ever does see the light of day and I decide to get one, I'd go woodgrain.

Although I hear everyone who pre-orders gets a free t-shirt!

20180509-1.jpg

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 5

I'm not definitely not buying one, but I'm definitely not going to pre-order one. If this thing ever does see the light of day and I decide to get one, I'd go woodgrain.

Although I hear everyone who pre-orders gets a free t-shirt!

20180509-1.jpg

Shouldn't that be a SpeakerHat™?

Boy, remember that classic Robotech arcade game that we all played in 1986?

Anyone?

And Rainbow Brite.

post-2641-0-75866400-1525804365.png

Because I'd much rather pay $45 ($69 MSRP) for the awesomeness that is Rainbow Brite and relive the arcade wonderment of my youth, than waste less than $20 for some obscure, no-name title like Galaxian, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, Dig-Dug or Galaga.

And just think how much more awesome this hack would be, if it were done with Robotech and Rainbow Brite!

Sorry, got off topic.

This thread is supposed to be about how stupid Atari is... not how stupid Coleco is.

I get them confused.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 6

And Rainbow Brite.

attachicon.gifrainbowblight.png

Because I'd much rather pay $45 ($69 MSRP) for the awesomeness that is Rainbow Brite and relive the arcade wonderment of my youth, than waste less than $20 for some obscure, no-name title like Galaxian, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, Dig-Dug or Galaga.

And just think how much more awesome this hack would be, if it were done with Robotech and Rainbow Brite!

Sorry, got off topic.

This thread is supposed to be about how stupid Atari is... not how stupid Coleco is.

I get them confused.

Meh. Those are the licenses Coleco's owners can afford. Still better than Atari SA, which is trying to make something which should cost a half billion to develop, support, and market.

Don't forget, to keep pace with @tawee you have a special opportunity to pay only $200 each for the extra special, limited edition orange and grey plastic versions. That's metallic to you idiot's

gallery_60562_2139_103911.png

"Coleco" sees "Atari"'s modern shell with modern innards and a 12 month lead time and raises you $45 and a "classic shell, new hardware" supposedly shipping in September.

It's about time LOL.

attachicon.gif51a98c0c88142e21475028b1b50f1915_original.png

That might be cool as hell!...if it weren't "new coleco"... Arrrrggg!

If I had $200 to waste, I would much rather pre-order the Atari VCS than one of those Coleco mini arcades in limited edition coloured plastic.

Rather than either of those options, I would sooner run it through a Britney Spears slot machine even though any winnings would pay out in pork rinds.