IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

A leading industry professional & his "team" can not be bothered to go past the Wordpress stock template on their site? In 2018? Wow ;)

Yeah, it's just too fitting.

Personal gripe: Tin Giant is obviously a reference to the Iron Giant (see their lame logo and the original film). It's one of my all time favourites, not sure I'm happy about this corporate appropriation.

Lol, yeahh….. I just saw the site. Even MY website is more complete than that. XD

Edited by Lodmot

-Any meager Atari, SA stock gains made yesterday have been essentially wiped away today, so far.

-Someone at Reddit resurrected the /ColecoChameleon subforum, dubbing the Atari VCS the "Coleco Chameleon 2". :lol:

-Curt Vendel quotes have sparked some conversation over in that subforum. Naturally, our favorite Atari-can-do-no-wrong, Atari SA stock-holding shill is on the attack.

-N3rdabl3: Atari Continues to Blame Trolls for Bad Press, Gets Called Out (another Register & Tallarico story )

-Yesterday's damage-control press release did manage to push some of the negative news stories down the line or out of sight. Between that, and a moderate bump in donations, it seems it's "mission accomplished" for the press release?

• Like 4

So cynical!

I think it's perfectly plausible they offered him a few thousand dollars in exchange for the promise of a few hours' work.

If it were me, I'd need enough money to offset the stink of working with the shambling corpse wearing the skin of Atari, for little enough work so my prodigious talents wouldn't be wasted on this debacle.

BTW Nathan, good catch on the Tin Giant website. It neatly encapsulates everything wrong with the product: an empty name, resting on accomplishments from many years ago, devoid of relevant content or substance.

The fans: "aww yeah! The creator of the Xbox is on board! Yippee ki yay!"

:ponder:

I am from now on going to refer to the Atari VCS as the Atari Jesus.

It fits, shambling corpse, possible resurrection, and ultimately will we see the second coming of Atari? Guess we'll wait and see!

All this on the original (real) Atari's 46th birthday!

Here's what I don't get... if they'd approached Nolan Bushnell and had him be a part of this, I think a lot of the naysayers may actually be far more interested. Then again the #metoo thing claimed he was a misogynist and he didn't get some award because he liked to party in the 70s.

EVERYONE partied in the 70s. Hell, Atari more or less founded the Silicon Valley 'vibe'. That's the Atari they're trying to target, so when people keep asking about 7800 and later emulation, that's the different Atari (though I guess technically the 7800 was in the works before the Tramiel era).

• Like 1

is it normal for a subcontractor to foist an nda on their employer

Normally the one who has the content wants the NDA. So a musician, video game designer, author... However, a lot of times it's the reverse. If the NDA came from Atari then maybe they wanted what they are doing to be secret. I could see both wanting an NDA.

-Any meager Atari, SA stock gains made yesterday have been essentially wiped away today, so far.

-Someone at Reddit resurrected the /ColecoChameleon subforum, dubbing the Atari VCS the "Coleco Chameleon 2". :lol:

-Curt Vendel quotes have sparked some conversation over in that subforum. Naturally, our favorite Atari-can-do-no-wrong, Atari SA stock-holding shill is on the attack.

-N3rdabl3: Atari Continues to Blame Trolls for Bad Press, Gets Called Out (another Register & Tallarico story )

-Yesterday's damage-control press release did manage to push some of the negative news stories down the line or out of sight. Between that, and a moderate bump in donations, it seems it's "mission accomplished" for the press release?

Wow, regarding the stock-holding shill. I've seen the kind of talk he's doing on the infamous penny stock forum site Investors Hub (ihub for short). Everything is rosy and even if there are concerns, he either dismisses them as people trying to tank the stock, sour grapes, or "well I'm willing to take the risk on it being great!" type of posts.

The bottom line is that there don't appear to be any developers lined up for this machine, there are no actual specs, there is no actual footage of it actually running anything, such as a simple boot screen, only some sub-30 second video of someone supposedly playing Atari 2600 Centipede on it, and all we continue to see is the hunk of plastic they've been showing for about a year now.

• Like 8

Atari's stock ended today at EUR 0.52 (USD 0.60), the exact number it was before they made the announcement yesterday.

It seems Atari's given up on replying on Facebook, and hasn't written a word on Indiegogo in twenty-four hours.

Maybe Atari figures they've put out enough pigeon food to last a few days?

post-39941-0-88484500-1530225306.jpg

• Like 2

I guess I was half right.

The Indiegogo is heading up...I admit defeat. The public is even dumber than I gave them credit for. I'll probably check out, and check back in next July. It's all over but the cryin'.

With everything blowing up whenever they make a new post, I wonder if we'll see anything out of them for a last minute campaign push on social media or if they'll just lay low and try to ride it out.

• Like 4

I guess I was half right.

The Indiegogo is heading up...I admit defeat. The public is even dumber than I gave them credit for. I'll probably check out, and check back in next July. It's all over but the cryin'.

It is trending upwards, but has barely surpassed the amount lost by backers leaving over the past few days.

Honestly not surprised to see this; I figured there'd be an uptick at the end, but by how much I had no idea. If it breaks $3M, though, it won't be by much. Interest overall seems to have plateaued.