IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Huhuhuhuhuh. If you read it aloud, you can make the last word sound like "doodie."

attachicon.gif1 Holger the first.png

Two people named Holger in the same scampaign? What are the odds?

attachicon.gif2 Holger the second.png

Gotta love these announcements of announcements. I wonder why they do this? I have a theory.

attachicon.gifReal Soon Now.png

SOME TIME LATER.......

"Hello backers! We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be pursuing this project. Thanks for all your money!"

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan
  • Like 6

Well, I do believe the gleeful snark quotient of this thread has finally outclassed that man of legend, Hardwork and his Knight Rider 2600 and the Annually Resurrected Thread of Doom.

Maybe we should, I dunno, make an announcement? :grin:

• Like 1

They do make beanies with bluetooth speakers so it is a thing.

post-42460-0-43174600-1531526632_thumb.png

How about slap an Atari logo patch on it and then resell it by adding an extra zero to the price tag! Pure genius! You'll be the coolest bro and the envy of the whole town with music blasting from your beanie as you walk down the street showing off your totally radical style! Low price of $149.90! And I can make some "bomb-diggity" ultra rare first-run collectible ones too that come with a piece of paper with a number on it as well! They'll be super rare & expensive in the future! GREAT investment opportunity!

https://www.amazon.com/ATARI-Retro-Gamer-Embroidered-Patch/dp/B00GQU3DUW/ref=asc_df_B00GQU3DUW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167164505512&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12636889976122591322&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052513&hvtargid=pla-305094304049&psc=1

But wait, theres more! Pre-order now by sending me money via Paypal TODAY and i'll knock $50 off the price! Super, duper, special limited time price of only $99.90!!!!!!!!! Estimated shipping date: December 2019*

*Subject to delays. We may delay or cancel the project without notice at any time. If we choose to do so, we are not obligated to notify or contact you, or refund your money. Sewing a patch on a piece of clothing is a lot like a rocket launch and if one little thing isn't right then we'll be bold, brilliant and brave and cancel the whole thing without any notice to you! No refunds, sorry!

• Like 5

If they can "pre-announce" that they're building a console, why can't I "pre-announce" something of my own? Delay is less important an indicator of a scampaign than dishonesty. I think they've shown plenty of that.

Damnpaign looks weird, and if you speak it aloud, sounds like "dampen," as in to dampen a mood. Hmm. Maybe you're onto something there. Moist.

Just trying to help work within the believers' vocab. I know there are red flags which is why I am not a backer.

They don't seem to understand that if this system was coming anyways, Atari shodn't have needed to collect a dime and should have done only a sign up for the CE of the system, and make like a forum for those excited to generate a crowd.

And don't think of it as Dampen. It really is pronounced Damn-Pain.....

• Like 6

^That's what Chic-Fil-A looks like every day, sept Sundays.

I used to work there in high school back in the 90's, so I see a line for fried chicken wrapped around the place I think, yea its good, but its not worth waiting damn near an hour good

taco bell is usually backed up, though unless someone gets all picky ass they can get orders out of the caulk gun pretty quick

• Like 2

taco bell is usually backed up, though unless someone gets all picky ass they can get orders out of the caulk gun pretty quick

the caulk gun probably tastes better, too. I love real Mexican food. Taco bell is good only if you're constipated. When that 3am diarrhea hits, you won't be anymore... :woozy:

Oops, I mentioned tacos. Please don't ban me... |:)

• Like 1

the caulk gun probably tastes better, too. I love real Mexican food. Taco bell is good only if you're constipated. When that 3am diarrhea hits, you won't be anymore... :woozy:

Oops, I mentioned tacos. Please don't ban me... | :)

Tacos are fine here except maybe fish tacos which aren't "tacos." It's that "positive" thread with pony farts and rainbows they don't like tacos.

• Like 4

Tacos are fine here except maybe fish tacos which aren't "tacos." It's that "positive" thread with pony farts and rainbows they don't like tacos.

I like fish but I think slaw is disgusting. Since most "fish" tacos also use slaw in place of lettuce, I cannot... bleck! :woozy:

That's not to say I don't like shredded cabbage. I'm a big fan of this classic German dish: Bratwurst and Sour Kraut. :P

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in AtariVCSbollocks news:

uu4LX9f.png

It's been a busy week at work so haven't really been following this much, but as of today they're two weeks past the end of the campaign and still haven't broken the nominal achievement barrier of $3M in pre-orders. If confirmation was needed that this thing had flatlined - and flatlined hard - before the end of the campaign, this is it. And at this point, even if they were to get that whopping $2123 in additional pre-orders that it would take to push them over the mark, it would be a very hollow achievement.

Does backerkit allow for post-campaign funding to be shown?

• Like 2