IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

We never got the 5200 in Europe,

True. The other day I came across a photo from the Swedish Atari agent/importer of the day, namely Alga/Algavision before they shuffled over the license to the same-owned company Vasatronic.

alga-4.jpg

What is amazing is that here we've got 25 people from Alga on what seems like a business trip to the US to visit some expo - might've been Winter CES 1982 for all that I know - to get info about the latest Atari products and they're posing in front of the Atari 5200 display, a system they never got to import and sell. As the 400 and 800 already were on the market, without digging deep in the 5200 history as others probably already have done, I would assume at an early point Atari may have considered releasing a PAL 5200 too but in the end didn't.

(I hope the hot linking works, otherwise you have a company story about Alga here: http://www.vittsjobjarnum.nu/artiklar/historia/vittsjo/3695-2013-11-20-16-39-20.html )

• Like 3

Wellness check!

The campaign is up a bit more, as a few more glimmers of common sense in the world flicker and die

$3,020,117 USD total funds raised

John's enthusiasm for "Atari" VCS* and 1980s trash culture continues to know no bounds

post-2410-0-60579500-1548344877_thumb.png

Tin Giant dot com continues to delight

post-2410-0-62843800-1548344954_thumb.png

PONGF is still treading water (note: haters always use the Euro rather than USD price, because it's lower. US price is $0.3857 in the unlikely event that anyone cares)

post-2410-0-44700000-1548345112_thumb.png

and Le Fred tweets about PONG in 3 languages on his English feed, and in 4 languages on the French one.

post-2410-0-22160400-1548345388_thumb.png

Martial Daviaud has not posted in a week, and even that was this weak ditto. Send help.

thumbnail-deaf450c2d4183b9309b493f6a7b20

Martial Daviaud7 days ago

I second johnphelan1979 and Holger Kipp ;)

• Like 3

I'm just not sure why the (definitely coming, sure to be real) VCS is supposed to be some kind of time tunnel direct to the 80s, loaded with games based on 80s properties.

Look at it this way: replace all references to the Vauxhall Chevette in the advert below with 'Atari VCS' and you've got as good an explanation as any - it's whatever you want it to be!

• Like 5

I've played the Pong table. It's really innovative and unique, and is not vaporware.

It's unique, but pretty much an expensive novelty. I thought the control was way too laggy and floaty to take it very seriously as a Pong machine.

Regardless, it's another actual, tangible object that Atari had no involvement in other than charging for the name to be slapped on it.

• Like 7

Almost 600 pages...

I think each page is 25 posts. If you really wanted to be at the top of page #600, you could plan it out. :lol:

James Joseph Sullivan12 minutes ago

I am hoping Wizards of the Coast and Atari are working on games. I’ve always played D&D games which is why I consider Adventure a D&D game, perhaps they could adapt it and evolve it. Release simple games like the D&D Labrinth games and some of the newer D&D games.

Simply make Atari VCS the official D&D game system. For books, art, and games.

Combat arenas with simple classic joystick and adventures with complex controller.

Anyway exciting and I think Atari is not expected until start of Summer.

Alex Wisniewsk1 hour ago

I thought these would be shipping already. According to the time line Q1 shipping, Q2 preorders arrive. Yet it still shows in prototype stage which isn’t very promising. Now I am kinda doubting my decision to back this product. I can understand some delay, but gets frustrating when there are no updates to what is going on.

To James: "Simple as that."

To Alex: Oh, if only there were some kind of warning sign.

• Like 6