IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

That would be pretty cool. Intellitarivision. :)

I think we probably have a better chance to acquire Vectrex & Coleco first though. :)

Hey... don't laugh... we pulled off a near miracle by resurrecting all the Imagic games (which many tried and failed at).

And did anyone notice that was have 12 Atari titles for the new Intellivision Amico? And that the games we do are EXCLUSIVE only to our system.

;)

This is the most news about a system this thread has seen for a lot of pages. Unfortunately for Atari it isn't about their system.

I am seriously excited to see what the Amico brings.

• Like 4

I'm not worried, personally I think Google is the Leader industrial partner and we will be the march 19th at 10 am :0)

for information the project is complex and it's normal to have deadlines, secret things

people are impatient and do not even do research before talking, I drop and come greet you the march 19th :0)

post-52250-0-52569800-1551181192.gif

• Like 2

Google and Atari are not the masters of the game

they are united to finalize a project

I think that Infinity network has united a lot of people to achieve their platform

finally we'll see

That's too long for a haiku, and too short for a sonnet.

• Like 3

On March, 19th 2019 at 10am Rockstar will be announcing that Grand Theft Auto VI will be exclusive to the Ataribox.

Grand Theft Atari, haha, I love it! That's a fitting name for this debacle. After all, the GTA games are all about building criminal empires by stealing other people's money.

More fun with words: VCS = Vaporware Console Scam

• Like 4

This is the most news about a system this thread has seen for a lot of pages. Unfortunately for Atari it isn't about their system.

I am seriously excited to see what the Amico brings.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to folks getting a chance to play it for the first time.

We will be showing about 15 - 20 playable games at E3 this year as well as releasing a trailer with tons of gameplay footage.

• Like 10

So does that mean you can sue Atari if they try to put their own games on their own system?

Ha! That would be crazy eh? :)

What the "exclusivity" means is that the versions of the 12 Atari games we licensed and are remaking will ONLY be playable on our system. So, for example... our version of Centipede, Missle Command, Adventure, Yars Revenge, Warlords, etc. will ONLY be playable on the new Intellivision Amico... that includes the new Atari VCS. We will not port any of our games to other platforms (including mobile) and quite frankly... the way we are creating the games will take full advantage and use of our unique controllers (i.e. screens on each controller) and the fact that our big focus is on local multi-player/couch co-op. So a 4 player version of Centipede, Missle Command and even PONG is on the way. :)

This is hopefully good news for the Atari fan as they may have multiple different options and ways to play a new Adventure game that is being made and presented in a completely new and unique way to one another.

• Like 8

the versions of the 12 Atari games we licensed and are remaking will ONLY be playable on our system. So, for example... our version of Centipede, Missle Command, Adventure, Yars Revenge, Warlords, etc. will ONLY be playable on the new Intellivision Amico...

Just to be totally crystal clear, nobody from "Atari" is involved except for licensing the brands?

• Like 4

Just to be totally crystal clear, nobody from "Atari" is involved except for licensing the brands?

Correct.

We licensed directly from Atari S.A. and are using our own money, resources, marketing, technology, developers, hardware, etc. to make the games.

Atari can of course make any of their games any way they'd like for any system they like (including their own). Of course our goal is to make our unique and exclusive versions the BEST versions so that people will be interested in purchasing an Intellivision Amico on 1010 2020. :)

• Like 12

Meanwhile, in the DYI category: https://www.xtremegaminerd.com/build-a-250-novice-gaming-pc/

Assuming one can assemble one of these in an hour, & labor's $20 per hour, Atari could stick their logo on this, sell it for $300, & net about $30 per unit. Don't know what their fixed costs are, but this is a start, & a start is better than what they have now.

Rename it the ABC* 2019, & they're good to go.

*Atari Basic Computer, from Atari Corp's line of PC Clones built with off-the-shelf parts.

Edited by pacman000
  • Like 2

Correct.

We licensed directly from Atari S.A. and are using our own money, resources, marketing, technology, developers, hardware, etc. to make the games.

Atari can of course make any of their games any way they'd like for any system they like (including their own). Of course our goal is to make our unique and exclusive versions the BEST versions so that people will be interested in purchasing an Intellivision Amico on 1010 2020. :)

I gotta say, you've been more straightforward, detailed, and responsive to us here than Atari has on their Indiegogo comments page. They could learn something from you guys. :)

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 7

post-2410-0-68415300-1551218421_thumb.png

They could at least correct misconceptions like this.

thumbnail-deaf450c2d4183b9309b493f6a7b20

Holger Kipp
6 hours ago

@Andy Blakely – even a short notice like “We’re preparing for Game Developers Conference from March 18-22 in San Francisco, so have no time for detailed updates before that date.” would have been fine. They could also have pointed to this gem: https://www.gdconf.com/news/gdc-2019-will-host-classic-game-postmortem-paperboy(Atari is not listed as exhibitor or anything else, though).

Atari SA has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything made by Atari Games, which split from Atari Corp back in 1984. Paperboy, Marble Madness, Hard Drivin' ... pretty much anything like that is now owned by Warner (who ate Midway who ate Atari Games).

giphy.gif

Andy's nice guy act totally reminds me of Overly Attached Girlfriend. Hey man, you've got some brown stuff on your nose.

thumbnail-deaf450c2d4183b9309b493f6a7b20

Andy Blakely

@Maxime Boissard – I know you’d prefer an answer from Atari, but GDC is less than a month away (March 18-22). If they even have a booth there I doubt the VCS is far enough along that they’d want to bring major attention to it. Of course, we can only speculate they’re not very far along! Atari? How far along are we? ;)

giphy.gif

To say nothing of Michael Arzt, who has gone missing since his pantsing by The Register. Last seen in August 2018 by some Youtuber.

giphy.gif

Previously on Idiots Without A Clue, Fred threw him under the bus. Is he still smiling? Did he have his femur broken as well? What's his favorite taco topping? We need to know.

Google is giving a presentation at 10am on March 19th. Max Ivi seems to think it will have something to do with "Atari." I think it's significantly more likely that "Atari" can't walk and chew gum and the same time, and is hoping to settle the Feargal lawsuit in such a way that doesn't make them show their apparent lack of progress.

giphy.gif

And as always, Tin Giant sleeps. My life is a very complicated drinking game. Hardware takes a while when you're doing it right.

giphy.gif

• Like 12

Okay, so let me ask this question:

Has anyone actually reported the VCS campaign for lack of substantive updates and non-communication? Because I'm at the point where I'm literally going to. I have it all drafted up, and all I need to do is hit the "Submit" button.

..... Anyone? Anyone? ........ Bueller?....

• Like 1