IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Thanks for that link -- it's an interesting part of that thread, when there was a lot of conversation about product and process, before it turned into a shitpost circus. It's funny to see how respectful and serious folks were at the time, because at that point it seemed somewhat feasible that the tram would pull out a product. There are many interesting ideas being discussed back there -- and many lessons learned which are directly applicable to Ataribox. RetroVGS/Chameleon is a major reason this Ataribox thread started out with dumb jokes and never let up.

• Like 8

Our friend is back to normal. Still posting in triplets. Sorry for the horrible screenshot jobs from my phone.

God bless him, dont want to see him hurt. He seems like a genuinely good guy with an amazing childhood. I wish very bad karma on Fred and Co. when this whole thing collapses and they inevitably end up letting him down. He reminds me of Spongebob, always happy and full of joy and excited, and also being oblivious and naive to the point where he has no idea as to what is actually going on or that hes being taken advantage of. (The Spongebob comparison is suppose to be a compliment.)

post-42460-0-91679700-1554419537_thumb.jpgpost-42460-0-76030500-1554419528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

Yup, I remember it too well, but just to make sure I'll post it here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/page-35?do=findComment&comment=3316391 And the post following it mentions "TRAIN WRECK"

Thanks for that link -- it's an interesting part of that thread, when there was a lot of conversation about product and process, before it turned into a shitpost circus. It's funny to see how respectful and serious folks were at the time, because at that point it seemed somewhat feasible that the tram would pull out a product. There are many interesting ideas being discussed back there -- and many lessons learned which are directly applicable to Ataribox. RetroVGS/Chameleon is a major reason this Ataribox thread started out with dumb jokes and never let up.

For the record,

It was the Chameleon thread that brought me to AtariAge!

Or maybe I should say I quit being the occasional lurker (From even way back in '05 IIRC) and became a real member.

Glad I joined :)

PS This thread totally has that feel to it as well...

Ya know how they say you can't look away from a car wreck? I'd say you also can't look away from a Train Wreck!

• Like 8

Googled the lawsuit and some updates are posted but I'm no legal expert. Looks like the final judgement is to be on the 9th still. So we are close to seeing that outcome. But I bet Atari is feeling positive about this. Hence the sudden appearance of "updates"?

• Like 2

As for that other lawsuit (Conuladh Vs. Atari) there's a scheduled telephone conference on April 5th (today). https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/25065990/Mac_Conuladh_v_Atari_Gamebox_LLC

And speaking about not looking away from train wrecks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeT0m-hpD_4 (skip to 1:03)

• Like 3

You just need a PACER account. The docket tracker is a private thing useful for getting case numbers but one doesn't need to subscribe to see public court records. PACER lets you download up to $15/mo worth of documents for free, then it's like 5c a page.

The most interesting thing posted there so far is Feargal's original complaint, which I put in this thread a few months ago. It's pretty funny. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-545?do=findComment&comment=4151608

Most of the rest of it is just letters from lawyers. Is there something specific you want to see that hasn't already been shared?

• Like 3

I had to turn on CC since I thought at first he said "Go to hell" in the beginning of his videos.

I just did the same thing and watched the video with captions and holy shit was it worth it. When "Atari 2600" was translated to "hairy future water" I completely lost it!

• Like 3

You just need a PACER account. The docket tracker is a private thing useful for getting case numbers but one doesn't need to subscribe to see public court records. PACER lets you download up to $15/mo worth of documents for free, then it's like 5c a page.

The most interesting thing posted there so far is Feargal's original complaint, which I put in this thread a few months ago. It's pretty funny. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-545?do=findComment&comment=4151608

Most of the rest of it is just letters from lawyers. Is there something specific you want to see that hasn't already been shared?

I just noticed a lot of documents tied to it. Wasn't sure if any of it had some information we could all laugh over.

I'm not sure. dubbs said he was attending but hasn't come back to enlighten the masses on what he learned.

Yes, but please bear in mind that Atari and its partners are constrained by mutually-agreed approval processes and other restrictions that may be legal, self-imposed, regulatory and/or some combination of these. Details about the product(s) and strategies of both Atari and its partners can and will be shared only when all stakeholders agree.

(And yep, I posted this in the other thread as well... Nyahhh icon_razz.gif )

• Like 8