Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Obviously Atari SA needs to start a 2nd Indigogo so they can afford to license Space Invaders. Repeating the past with other folk's money & all that.

• Like 1

The thing that made me smile the most today on the internet was the words "self-perceived value".

Thank you Nathan Strum!

• Like 3

The behind-schedule, prototypeless AtariVCS NEEDS a feature that forces the player to sit within 3-6 feet of the box and few will use anyway.

post-39941-0-59084300-1555318440_thumb.png

Or is my cynicism misplaced, AlecRob?

• Like 6

The behind-schedule, prototypeless AtariVCS NEEDS a feature that forces the player to sit within 3-6 feet of the box and few will use anyway.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190415-044638.png

If it happens, they'll continue the theme of using budget 3rd party off the shelf gear.

post-52250-0-42123600-1555322882.jpg

• Like 15

glorfindeal 1 hour ago

Headphone jacks are passe. Bluetooth audio is more than effective.

At some point they'll need to come to grips and decide whether this is new or throwback, real or imaginary. Still no reason for this to exist. Meanwhile, more PS/XB AAA games are going up for prepurchase for November 2019 release. :lol:
  • Like 7

We have a rebuttal ! Though I think the real question is, can they tweak the renders to include these upgrade? Good think this is just vaporware. You can update those renders all day.

post-67682-0-03371300-1555330725.png

• Like 2

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190415-044638.png

Before the Rainfactory Redaction Regiment springs into action:

xhe32CH.png

• Like 4

Besides, I thought there was supposed to be a fictional headphone jack in the fictional controller that was wirelessly connected to the fictional box that played fictional games.......and the Atari Vault.

• Like 5

The modern controller might have an audio jack, but it's not specified and pictures are for illustrative purposes only.

Unless I missed something, the only mention of audio or headphones is in section that is likely only USB peripherals:

post-39941-0-46876200-1555332960_thumb.png

Or, because it's the typical Atari vaguespeak, we can imagine anything. AtariVCS must have a 9-pin serial port.

• Like 5

Rob Wyatt, welcome to AtariAge!

Thanks. Now I have to clean up tea from my monitor & keyboard :P

• Like 10

So, is the Ataco box going to come packed with Basic Programming 2: Judgement Day?

• Like 1

The modern controller might have an audio jack, but it's not specified and pictures are for illustrative purposes only.

Unless I missed something, the only mention of audio or headphones is in section that is likely only USB peripherals:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190415-084634.png

Or, because it's the typical Atari vaguespeak, we can imagine anything. AtariVCS must have a 9-pin serial port.

And a slot for Atari Portfolio cards!

Where will the MindLink plug in? Also, I hear it will be compatible with the Oton Ayr hovering projection system. They may need another slight delay on that one, but it's in there.

Where will the MindLink plug in? Also, I hear it will be compatible with the Oton Ayr hovering projection system. They may need another slight delay on that one, but it's in there.

I might have to rethink backing if they got the Oton Ayr guy...

Easily my favorite crowdfunding personality, so delusional yet so earnest. Haha.

Why put up with audio issues when connecting headphones to your system when you can get the best sound around with an Atari speaker hat?

That's where the bluetooth comes in :)

• Like 6

The Atacobox is truly the system of the future. This strengthens my argument that they need to include a free speakerhat with every console! It should have a badge for FOUNDERS on it. Show us the renders, ATARI!

• Like 3

That's where the bluetooth comes in :)

Which Atari* will do so much better than the competition. Assuming they bring it to market before Playstation 5 arrives.

post-2410-0-80807000-1539621220_thumb.pn

post-2410-0-82601600-1539621228_thumb.pn

• Like 2

So, is the Ataco box going to come packed with Basic Programming 2: Judgement Day?

'Basic Progamming 2: Vapourware Boogaloo' is the working title, I believe.

• Like 4