IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I have been away since April about 30 pages ago... so on page 701 has anything happened?

-Product final prototype displayed?

-Announcement of firm release date

-Atari stock increased by at a penny

I assume Tacos are still a staple of a healthy diet...

hard to sort out 3o pages of yak yak

You missed absolutely nothing! The last 3 "Atari" updates were about the move to the updated AMD hardware.

Other people's hardware, other people's money, other people's software ... remind me what "Atari" has done to earn a piece of any of this? Licensing the name for Yars' Revenge, and....?

• Like 3

I have been away since April about 30 pages ago... so on page 701 has anything happened? -Product final prototype displayed? -Announcement of firm release date -Atari stock increased by at a penny I assume Tacos are still a staple of a healthy diet... hard to sort out 3o pages of yak yak

The next 30 pages will likely be more of the same.

• Like 5

*Warning* TMI taco story...

So Saturday I had a craving for Taco Bell (yeah, I know tacos in name only). All was well until I went to bed, then as my manager said when I told her I was sick on Monday, I had an "alien" in me. By mid-day Sunday, I thought I expelled the Taco Bell 'alien', after all there was nothing left in my body to expell. Nope, the alien left hatchlings who I hope have all been expelled since I've already slept for nearly 48 hours straight, lost two days of work, and had my first bite of solid food in three days!

Still...ummm tacos! Just not Taco Bell!

• Like 7

Oh, they have time for updates. They just don't want to give them, since there's nothing to report. But when you're sitting around accomplishing nothing and trolling trademark disputes, your schedule tends to be pretty open.

• Like 10

I'm just so excited they are fighting my attempts at a refund now. I've always wanted to own vaporware. I wonder if it will at least make a decent paperweight IF anything is ever released.

I missed this. What do you mean they are fighting it?

• Like 1

I missed this. What do you mean they are fighting it?

Meaning IndieGoGo is pushing back against the chargeback, telling the buyer to contact the campaign ("Atari" in this case) since they were just a pass-through.

Like if you (A) bought a bunch of gift cards from Walgreens (B) to give to a scammer (C ). A wants money back from B, but B did everything they said they'd do, while C runs away without consequences or cares.

"Atari" is the worst.

• Like 10

Meaning IndieGoGo is pushing back against the chargeback, telling the buyer to contact the campaign ("Atari" in this case) since they were just a pass-through.

Like if you (A) bought a bunch of gift cards from Walgreens (B) to give to a scammer (C ). A wants money back from B, but B did everything they said they'd do, while C runs away without consequences or cares.

"Atari" is the worst.

But the charge back has gone through right? Hilarious they would sweat one refund or maybe it's multiple refunds???

• Like 2

I sent my CC company proof that Atari doesn't respond to emails and that most emails just bounce back from bad addresses. My hope is they take that as proof that I have no options. I think at the end of this though I will lose this fight. At that point I think I will just try to turn these clowns (IGG & Atari) into as many consumer watchdog groups as possible.

• Like 2

But the charge back has gone through right? Hilarious they would sweat one refund or maybe it's multiple refunds???

It did but they had a grace period to fight it. I had hoped if they didn't fight it right off, it would just go under the radar and we could all move on. If only they had waited a little longer, case closed. IGG isn't even the ones fighting it. They have an outside firm handling it. Talk about Russian Nesting Dolls so no one gets too involved in this so they can all claim ignorance later. :ponder:

They did send me a print out of all my comments to the IGG page that has since been erased. That was a little weird but I told my CC company all that does is prove they refused to answer my questions.

Edited by TACODON
  • Like 6

It did but they had a grace period to fight it. I had hoped if they didn't fight it right off, it would just go under the radar and we could all move on. If only they had waited a little longer, case closed. IGG isn't even the ones fighting it. They have an outside firm handling it. Talk about Russian Nesting Dolls so no one gets too involved in this so they can all claim ignorance later. :ponder:

They did send me a print out of all my comments to the IGG page that has since been erased. That was a little weird but I told my CC company all that does is prove they refused to answer my questions.

Meh, you're good. Intimidation tactics ... I'm sure you'll win it.

• Like 4

Ok, here we go...

Is "The Historian" from Texas? :ponder:

From, no... but I lived there, in the Austin area for a bit.

Back to video games though....You guys are right about sticking to the old systems and ignoring the nuAtari. They still work but can't spread to a new generation.

I would never write that. Not in a million years. A lot of us have kids that know Atari not for the more modern titles, but for the old classic 2600 games. I mean for decades after the crash any time you heard video game sounds on a TV show there was a 95% change it was the 2600 Donkey Kong noises. Because of Atari Age and its members, generations beyond those of us who unwrapped new 2600s under the tree in the 70s, know and love these classics.

Not only can they spread, they have spread to new generations and will continue to do so for as long as the hardware holds out. And the Nokia 3310 has got nothing on the Atari 2600 for being damn near Indestructible...

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 2

The last update was 28 days ago and it didn’t even give us any info that we didn’t already know. I really don’t understand the silent treatment from Atari.

Obviously they're a reverse lycanthrope & they need to wait till the full moon when they have fingers for typing. ;)

Edited by pacman000
  • Like 5