IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

While it's technically not yet a scam or fraud, it's definitely more than halfway there.

The pigeons have given up their money and right to complain, "Atari" has yet to deliver anything they paid for, and there's no simple way for the money to be returned.

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=785

fraud

n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right. A party who has lost something due to fraud is entitled to file a lawsuit for damages against the party acting fraudulently, and the damages may include punitive damages as a punishment or public example due to the malicious nature of the fraud. Quite often there are several persons involved in a scheme to commit fraud and each and all may be liable for the total damages. Inherent in fraud is an unjust advantage over another which injures that person or entity. It includes failing to point out a known mistake in a contract or other writing (such as a deed), or not revealing a fact which he/she has a duty to communicate, such as a survey which shows there are only 10 acres of land being purchased and not 20 as originally understood. Constructive fraud can be proved by a showing of breach of legal duty (like using the trust funds held for another in an investment in one's own business) without direct proof of fraud or fraudulent intent. Extrinsic fraud occurs when deceit is employed to keep someone from exercising a right, such as a fair trial, by hiding evidence or misleading the opposing party in a lawsuit. Since fraud is intended to employ dishonesty to deprive another of money, property or a right, it can also be a crime for which the fraudulent person(s) can be charged, tried and convicted. Borderline overreaching or taking advantage of another's naiveté involving smaller amounts is often overlooked by law enforcement, which suggests the victim seek a "civil remedy" (i.e., sue). However, increasingly fraud, which has victimized a large segment of the public (even in individually small amounts), has become the target of consumer fraud divisions in the offices of district attorneys and attorneys general.

• Like 7

If you lie on your bank loan you are committing fraud. It doesn't matter if you pay them back early and with interest; you've still committed fraud.

They lied about almost everything to get money from people. It is, by definition, a scam. It doesn't matter if they produce. Had they been upfront and not tried to deceive, then it wouldn't be fraud.

Of course, this is just academic anyway. Few ever get in trouble even if they create nothing at all. Or is Feargal Mac hiding out in some foreign embassy these days?

• Like 9

Perhaps Atari should have made an Atari branded (re-branded) Gaming cell phone instead?

How else are die hard fans going to show their unwavering allegiance to the Fuji logo?

with a hat? T-shirt? silly...

I mean look at all those cell phones that were popular in the day.. Nokia N-Gage, and the Xperia PLAY...

Third time would have been a hit... slap in a pico projector and you got it! just need to put that in a Taco form factor and win!

And speaking of Tacos... I see that Samsung has failed to meld cell phone and tacos together...

wonder if anyone has invented the Taco Duo? a SOFT-HARD Taco? is that possible? or just put a soft taco in a hard taco shell. the soft taco will keep all the sauce in if the hard shell taco taco structure is compromised.

• Like 1

wonder if anyone has invented the Taco Duo? a SOFT-HARD Taco? is that possible? or just put a soft taco in a hard taco shell. the soft taco will keep all the sauce in if the hard shell taco taco structure is compromised.

Isn't that essentially what the Taco Bell double decker taco basically is?

post-42460-0-64659800-1558937960_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

They had prototypes of tablets & cell phones a few years ago. Nothing special; just private-labeled Chinese goods. But it was better than this fiasco.

Yep. And those were quickly and quietly memory holed, prior to the fascination with crowdfunding.

• Like 3

Speaking of Chinese goods reminds me of a video I saw from Musikmesse in Frankfurt held in the beginning of April. A guy who runs this saxophone YT channel walked around to various Chinese resellers asking what was the minimum volume to get his own brand onto saxophones, and which extent of personal adjustments he could order. Starting around 50 pieces, he could order his own brand, which like all other OEM goods would be pretty hard to track down what it really is or compare with the other 100 similar brands all over eBay and Amazon.

It got me thinking, what if ...

post-5454-0-71970300-1558967406.png

BTW, did you know that nearly all noname saxophones from China are delivered with a pair of white cotton gloves? Nobody knows exactly why, and no other major brands ship their instruments with a free pair of one-fits-most cotton gloves.

Perhaps the Atari VCS, if it ever is shipped, should come with a pair of gloves as well?

• Like 3

BTW, did you know that nearly all noname saxophones from China are delivered with a pair of white cotton gloves? Nobody knows exactly why, and no other major brands ship their instruments with a free pair of one-fits-most cotton gloves.

Perhaps the Atari VCS, if it ever is shipped, should come with a pair of gloves as well?

Ummm...I'm pretty sure I know why. When you sell a New sax, you want it as clean as possible, including avoiding fingerprints. Once an instrument is Used or a band rental, fingerprints and scratches, etc., are inevitable...(I used to work in a music store :)

• Like 3