IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

veering off-topic for a sec.. (ha!) Speaking of GameStop, I finally couldn't resist and bought one of the C64 Minis from them (they exist and I can hold it and caress it). I'll pick it up on Thursday when I take the Boss to her appointment in Springfield.

back on-topic, even though December is six months off, they can't give a specific date. Maybe it's cos they don't know if they'll have them working and made by then? (poking the bear)

being a geek at heart, i do want to see the thing actually working, though- my hope was that this week we'll see some damn video that wasn't previous recordedly on a PC or other nonsense.

Yeah but what about people who backed/preordered before 400 and 800 were announced? What version of the console will we be getting? Confusing.

It says on the Indiegogo page:

All backers who ordered Onyx models during the Indiegogo campaign will receive 8GB RAM models as promised.

Apart from onboard RAM, I don't know if the two versions will differ in specs. Given that the 800 without peripherals is priced at $279, it seems adequate that it matches what you preordered though I admit it had made more sense if the various models and specs had been set before all this happened.

It says on the Indiegogo page:

Apart from onboard RAM, I don't know if the two versions will differ in specs. Given that the 800 without peripherals is priced at $279, it seems adequate that it matches what you preordered though I admit it had made more sense if the various models and specs had been set before all this happened.

Lmao, glad i got the early bird. $200 for the 8gb model. I would not order this at nearly $300. Suckas!

Noted trademark troll names product using another company's trademarked name.

While I'm quoting Mr. Wolves, anyone else getting deja vu all over again?

And of course DuPont has a stringent set of standards on how its trademark can be used.

Customers and distributors are required to have a written license agreement with DuPont in order to use any Kevlar® brand logo on their product labels, hang tags, packaging, shipping containers, promotional material, and advertisements. Use of the DuPont oval trademark which accompanies our Kevlar® brand logo also requires a trademark license from DuPont.

post-2410-0-23733100-1560275363_thumb.png

post-2410-0-34545500-1560275372_thumb.png

post-2410-0-64086200-1560275382_thumb.png

post-2410-0-75124000-1560275391_thumb.png

post-2410-0-30017200-1560275403_thumb.png

post-2410-0-07851800-1560275413_thumb.png

And there's this on the Reddit group

post-2410-0-48037500-1560276444_thumb.png

Still no games listed on their page except for Atari Vault. But there's this ...

If you preorder from AtariVCS.com or any of our retail partners, expected ship dates start in March 2020.

If you preordered on Indiegogo.com, we plan to start shipping products in December, 2019.

(All dates are good faith estimates and subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.)

• Like 10

Just got the email that the Atari VCS is going to have a demo showing at E3. Also interesting is that it looks like Indiegogo backers will be receiving their consoles in December 2019 which will be 3 months before the full retail rollout scheduled for March 2020.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EYUjfAfqzBo0d5G1I7qV_T-YpsojRBNiFGLcRIU4Lt8/mobilebasic

At E3 this week, Atari plans to share demos of the Atari VCS dashboard and Sandbox Mode to showcase the power of the AMD tech that powers the VCS.

Also, I noticed this one line in this press release that said “Discover What You and Atari Can Do.”. Sounds to me like that is going to be the marketing slogan for this new console.

This comment has no purpose without a screenshot :)

I was being lazy because I didn't want to screen shot it all. Everything that gets posted over there is just filled with snarky ass remarks from him. They are lashing out at everyone. Honestly I am shocked they haven't blocked him.

Also I really don't want to go back and skim any of it again.

But I'm stupid. By reposting his crap here, it's as if he still has a voice and wasn't really banned. Maybe I should use a disclaimer next time. Or a big ugly watermark that says "STUPID SHIT" over it.

You're not stupid, you're just not cool. Didn't you read pdub's post?

• Like 3

Low end PC specs (seriously, "400" and "800" to indicate 4GB and 8GB of RAM?)

So... they weren't satisfied dragging "VCS" through the mud, now they're doing it to the 400 and 800 too?

Thanks, but I'll wait for the Atari VCS Jaguar.

Oh... right. Already happened.

Anyway...

At E3 this week, Atari plans to share demos of the Atari VCS dashboard and Sandbox Mode to showcase the power of the AMD tech that powers the VCS.

Uh huh. And games?

Users will be introduced to an ever-expanding Atari world of all-new games, classic and remastered favorites, streaming multimedia and personal apps;

Name one.

...or can easily make their own.

post-2641-0-96940000-1560281536.gif

The Atari VCS blends the best of consoles and PCs to delight a whole new generation of gamers, fans, and creators who will “Discover What You and Atari Can Do.”*

*Note: Atari not incuded.

• Like 6

So am I to assume all this talk of easily making your own games means they'll get super asteroids maker and yars revenge maker pre-installed. They don't possibly mean, you can go find your own game development software and make your own damn games. They wouldn't do that would they?

• Like 1