IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

8 hours ago, racerx said:

Touting the absolute lack of software as a feature is bloody brilliant.

Those other systems force-feed you games. The VCS leaves you free to do whatever you want. You do like freedom, don't you? 

It is an "unconsole", right? Why should anyone expect something silly like software and games?

Amico is over a year out and was just showing off games and announcing games for it. Atari can't even tell you someone is developing well anything. Can't believe I would ever see myself cross the line from Atari lover to Intellivision lover.

And here we are. I think those developers should go pitch ideas to Tommy at IE. I think he would at least dignify you with a response.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

target.jpg.94693c1a07294ca8dc04d18531f2b40f.jpg

theinvisiblecomputer.jpg.a945c4f051fdc4a523225cbe4000e5de.jpg

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

They should ship the thing with the contents of this thread, built-in.

Won't have enough Ram to cope!

47 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Buy "Atari" and they'll GIVE you a country.  buy_atari_get_a_country.thumb.jpg.904a8cf42f06d37420218b0c2acdcd33.jpgAt least what this guy is saying...

tatn.gif.755a8d4b0ef5022757e1bf251c78731a.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

Apropos of nothing (and ignoring that NuAtari is the glorious, new version of French juggernaut InfoGrames, risen zombie-like to pester us; I refuse to believe InfoGrames has some sort of following), do we know if Atari was a big deal in France in the late 70s or early 80s? Maybe later with the ST or something? Does the French gamer have the same kind of dumb nostalgia that geeks like us have for Atari? I'm not sure why there would be so many seemingly French shills for the Box (other than for obvious reasons).

Atari ST was indeed quite popular in France, but French retrogamers don't care a lot for Atari 2600 these days. There's probably more nostalgia for Infogrames; they were mostly famous for licensed games and some of them happened to be really good. But you are right to ignore it since most people are not aware of the connection anyway, even in France.

• Like 3

I watched one of SammyClassicSonicFan's old videos released about six years ago and I can just imagine with instead of him saying, "Nintendo 2DS", it would be him saying, "AtariVCS."  It almost would fit. 

The link to the video is here but he does a lot of screaming especially after 3:00 so headphone users be warned:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUMpbHOH6IA

16 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

They've posted some answers now. It's all "wait and see!" How very remarkable of them to actively solicit questions without any intention of answering anything or providing any new information. "Our partners so far are AMD and PowerA!" ??

It's really amazing to see.  There are a couple of deleted questions to which Atari gave an "unanswer".   I think they were from Dubs, as someone asked if he was waking up yet.  ?

Since he deleted the questions, I'd say probably went back to sleep.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

It's really amazing to see.  There are a couple of deleted questions to which Atari gave an "unanswer".   I think they were from Dubs, as someone asked if he was waking up yet.  ?

Since he deleted the questions, I'd say probably went back to sleep.

Yup, they were from Dubs, lol.  mostly posts about 'where's the proof'-type stuff.  Here's the deleted stuff:

https://removeddit.com/r/AtariVCS/comments/c2m9fm/poste3_check_in_any_questions/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Amico is over a year out and was just showing off games and announcing games for it. Atari can't even tell you someone is developing well anything. Can't believe I would ever see myself cross the line from Atari lover to Intellivision lover.

And here we are. I think those developers should go pitch ideas to Tommy at IE. I think he would at least dignify you with a response.

He's quite active in this thread here on AtariAge:

.Al

• Like 6

19 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yes... we definitely would.  Currently have 20 developers working on 30 games.  Looking to hire 20 more by October.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Albert said:

He's quite active in this thread here on AtariAge:

.Al

Yes.  Please feel free to go there and ask me anything at all.  I always try to answer all of the questions to the best of my ability considering we still need to be secretive about a lot of things (as our patents are filed and our marketing/PR plan is unfolding).  We are still about 16 months out but we do have a real console running 22 playable (and EXCLUSIVE) games.

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Raticon said:

Tommy sure is everything that NewTari isn't. Open, honest, humble, communicative and enthusiastic.

Thank you for the kind words.  It really means a lot.  Trying to do my best and be as transparent as possible without ruining our launch.  :) So many great surprises coming that I wish I could share now... but still too early. 

We are in the middle of creating a new trailer that will be released in July.  It will have gameplay footage in there among other things.  I'm guessing a lot of people are hopefully going to be pleasantly surprised.  :)

Thanks for the support!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes... we definitely would.  Currently have 20 developers working on 30 games.  Looking to hire 20 more by October.

Please tell us you’ve got some kind of vetting process. By all means give “Not Pitfall By Biff” a fair shake, but don’t sacrifice quality for quantity. 

• Like 7