IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

40 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

That's so disgustingly stupid and stupidly disgusting. I've never seen a Taco John’s but if I ever do, I won't give them any business so long as they're pulling this. Tater tots or not. 

More about it here. The whole thing is worth reading. The taco place is attempting to defend this weak trademark, but "it is a battle they are losing."

Hmmm, who else uses language like "it's in our DNA" to justify derpy choices? One would think that Breakout, Asteroids, and Pong would be in the public domain after so many derivative works. 

8 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Taco Tuesday is used by other companies so Taco John's wasting their time defending their service mark

TJ is is being ridiculous...

But hey,  at least they're not shutting down ColecoVision fansites (of AtariAge moderators no less) like new "coleco" has done, or preventing a book from being released (by AtariAge member Marc O) like new "atari" has done, so there's that...

milliestranger-1566237704.jpg?crop=1.00x

Man!  This "New" stuff SUCKS!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inky said:

I REALLY like Taco Bell's Reaper- ranch burrito, and load it down with diablo sauce...

Haven't heard of the burrito, but I still stick with fire sauce.  Thought the diablo sauce tasted weird and didn't like it.  Like a chemical aftertaste or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

I know they also pulled the Reaper Ranch fries...don't know about the burritos...

That's the problem with Taco Bell, if ya do like something,  they are always pulling it off the menu or saying try back in 3 months...

yea like the volcano taco's 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'm vegan so probably Beyond BurgerTime or Impossible BurgerTime.  :D

10 hours ago, NostAlgae37 said:

I'm vegan also ...

sorry.gif.eb1992cab749cf364911f1287b1f43f7.gif

?

meanwhile.gif.ece08137b01f1b9bdca4bbd2c943c41b.gif

wtf.thumb.JPG.ffd90d767bc032d46e3a624610141f0c.JPG

Are they really still discussing mindbogglingly meaningless stuff like this?  Hashish in the Ataco branded pigeon feed maybe?

speechless.gif.fe2712eca630b94fdfedbfad392b2d3c.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Spriggy said:

sorry.gif.eb1992cab749cf364911f1287b1f43f7.gif

?

You can be sorry enough for the both of us, I'm certainly not sorry about it and nobody need be sorry about what someone else chooses to put in his body for fuel.  I'm not sorry that you're a carnivore, that's your own choice and I'm happy that it's working out for you (because it didn't work out so well for me).  I don't see any reason why you or anyone else need comment on my personal choices, as that's each person's own business.  Unless you don't believe in free will and want to impose your lifestyle on me?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This was brought to my attention by someone. I have a fan! I mean Karl can't tell the difference between Beef and Biff but I think he has a crush on me and wants to have all my #babybeefs. 

Funny thing is I don't ask where the games are but was telling others about the games they did have (I wasn't saying they had none either) Also at the beginning of the taco train I was trying to be nice towards hardcore believers (alexkeaton) I think. I think Karl is projecting. He wants them #babybeefs

image.png.99cd720bc94702c2979570f3d2d44d9e.png

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, NostAlgae37 said:

You can be sorry enough for the both of us, I'm certainly not sorry about it and nobody need be sorry about what someone else chooses to put in his body for fuel.  I'm not sorry that you're a carnivore, that's your own choice and I'm happy that it's working out for you (because it didn't work out so well for me).  I don't see any reason why you or anyone else need comment on my personal choices, as that's each person's own business.  Unless you don't believe in free will and want to impose your lifestyle on me?

Hey Hey.  Was a complete jovial comment NostA, in the spirit of this thread, and absolutely not a dig at your choice.  Hence the angel smiley emoji.  My daughter is a veg head and I give her the same friendly dig now and then.

IMO, if it's good enuff for us here to take the piss out of Atari SA, with quite some vigor mind you,  I think it's fair (in this thread at least) for us to have some friendly harmless inter-member ribbing.

Obviously in this case, I was wrong.  Apologies for ringing the wrong door bell.?️  Sorry for causing a derail mods ?

hiding-in-the-bushes.gif.901e623539bbef9333db28d78abcf303.gif

• Thanks 1

Yeah, looks like Atari's latest strategy is to try and supplant negative feedback and legitimate questions they can't or don't want to answer with propaganda posts from their staff. I'm really beginning to think there's about 6-10 sad impressionable souls who have backed this thing and really believe all is good at this point. There are a number of largely silent reasonable people who feel trapped and full of regret because they already paid their money, but they're hoping for a decent resolution. There's another group who committed their money and are getting increasingly impatient and angry. And then there's the third to half of their backers that are fake pre-orders from Atari themselves via staff, their marketing outfit, click farms, friends, family and other interested parties. Some of that group are doing their best to water down genuine feedback at this point to maintain appearances. What they can't do is fill the increasing void of nothingness they are continuing to create.

vortex-in-the-water-monticello-dam.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Cheers @NostAlgae37 :thumbsup:  And to redeem myself for my vegetable faux pas ... a present from me to you. ?  I've pre-orded the latest special edition VCS as a peace offering.  I hope you enjoy it!  ....... if it turns up that is!!!

988644895_atari-vcs-veganedition.thumb.jpg.a9d414c3ed041e8839e42a5c535130d5.jpg

:ahoy:

...you know at first, I thought that was a Centipede-looking marquee decal for the front of the VCS then I actually looked at it lol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Cheers @NostAlgae37 :thumbsup:  And to redeem myself for my vegetable faux pas ... a present from me to you. ?  I've pre-orded the latest special edition VCS as a peace offering.  I hope you enjoy it!  ....... if it turns up that is!!!

988644895_atari-vcs-veganedition.thumb.jpg.a9d414c3ed041e8839e42a5c535130d5.jpg

:ahoy:

That Vegan Edition has as much likelihood of coming to pass as the regular edition, but it's the thought that counts anyway.  ;-)  Come to think of it, it could also be the Dig Dug edition because of the vegetables shown on the marquee (minus the asparagus and peas, et al.).  :lol:

Edited by NostAlgae37
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

From my google alerts: an advertorial on gamespot.com. Remember when they were respected for news and reviews? I wonder if this was a paid placement. Zero critical thought here, pretty sad. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/atari-vcs-retro-console-pre-orders-are-available-n/1100-6467719/

It looks fishy indeed, full of preorder links from selected retailers... And preorders didn't start recently, did they?