IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I think that comment was a typically lame attempt at humor. They're trying to prod their followers to post pictures of their old VCS so they don't have to continue whoring someone else's product themselves. They're running out of stuff to post. There's only so many times they can link to other people's websites or beg people to pre-order what they can't show. They can't even milk their own non info releases anymore because they're so old and empty. The intern doing their social media clearly has standing instructions to post anything each and every weekday, so it's just going to get more sad. If they had an actual board to show, they'd have something to talk about. It would almost certainly be bullshit, but it would be something new.

Edited by JBerel
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I've really been wondering what that post from them means.

One interpretation could be:

Hey Suckers,

Just wanted to remind you that we at Atari don't give a single shit. We'll figure something

out sooner or later but till then, enjoy that empty place in your entertainment center and

that empty place in you wallet. 

Thanks for your cash and ignorance, Bitches! 

Taco Team Atari VCS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

OMG that is just evil. The balls on them to troll everyone who backed this thing so openly is just unbelievable. The Dual TacoBox folks really have no bottom.

94DEA00B-509E-4B3B-892B-E2027AB64634.thumb.jpeg.b9bd85b9b8a322c505e4f0d3ca8f0cd6.jpeg

That's as insulting as the Panzer Dragoon Saga as for the West (which Sega never wanted to release anyway...)

Mask.jpg

Have fun Photoshoppers...

Edited by MrMaddog

5 hours ago, TACODON said:

I've really been wondering what that post from them means.

I'm not supporting the Atari VCS in any way, shape, or form, but that post is a meme/internet joke.

Meme Explanation

It's definitely a younger intern trying to boost the brand with humor on social media. It works for various entities: restaurants (most notably/successfully Wendy's), sports teams, etc. It likely isn't going to work for Atari VCS.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry if this has already been posted (if so ignore/delete, I haven't seen it in this thread and I generally stay up to date) but has anyone else caught wind of this before? I just stumbled across these tonight, new AtariAge digital magazines starting 2018 and going into 2019. It states in the back they're not affiliated with Atari SA in any way but I find it kind of hard to believe there's not some underlying push somewhere:

aamag1.thumb.PNG.d12098cf87cfe9652204424a8ee83805.PNG

aamag2.thumb.PNG.bf44381e2211d886cbef490d4821e2a9.PNG

aamag3.thumb.PNG.1b4ea39e791f6fa348ab13efd982bf67.PNG

aamag4.thumb.PNG.fa2e10c4d66ebf516c4c8572b6e5ad34.PNG

aamag5.thumb.PNG.9e66df6b568eb2e97a10028b15ae54ae.PNG

aamag6.thumb.PNG.1b32d6943b46b09cd0e6486a8f6267ec.PNG

aamag7.thumb.PNG.40321e52fddac3344c8a395cd768c8b1.PNG

aamag8.thumb.PNG.8d7453dac1ecaf97f4ce1f7b31283af6.PNG

aamag9.thumb.PNG.f020393bc1a149aa358c8ee76aedb0c3.PNG

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

I'll be honest, if I didn't know any better then I might be taken in by those ads and articles because they are pretty swish.

Ultimately, though, Atari killed any prospects that this machine had with its form factor. It was always going to be overpriced and underpowered. If they'd gone for something that was a similar size to the original 6-switch then they'd have more space for cooling. The ball was dropped as soon as the first images came out.

Like Brexit, I just want them to release the damned thing so we can move on with our lives.

• Like 3