IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

38 minutes ago, Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo said:

Gracias Don Tacodone :). The level of hatred from the "Werner Bros" is scary. One of them angrily answered a comment I made about letting everyone express their opinion(Since he had disallowed comments on my post), saying that it was "his JOB to moderate the group and if I didn't like the way he did it, that I knew where the door was". That "my job" part made me curious. Could theses guys be employees of either Atari or the company that runs their PR (UberstrategistPR)? 

Considering how toxic their behavior is, and how aggressively they silence anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with them, I'd say this is a valid question.  I was pretty surprised at how your banning went down.  

• Like 1

Some of them won't deny being compensated mouthpieces, but they're all clueless hacks in any event. I've always suspected the weasels behind this entire incompetent project, including the marketing contractors, worthless stock holders and anyone else making a buck off the hapless backers, have always maintained their personal or invented social media accounts to pander for this thing. It's a given with the way they operate their official communications, so you know some of them just carry on unofficially as well. If some of these cultist goobers are not affiliated with the project in some way, by way of enabling the ongoing con jobs, then it's truly pathetic the lengths they'll go to defend their fantasies and self righteousness.

Their real problem is they're continually outnumbered no matter how many accounts they ban or comments they delete. They're turning out irritated backers faster than they can delete them due to their incompetence. 

2019-09-12 12_58_58-finger in dam - Google Search.png

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, The Historian said:

Thanks. It's all good. 

They still have the ability to post, I never banned them. And when they post it will be marked as Official as I've automated that process. If they've abandoned, then that was their choice.

Speaking of reddit is there anything fun or interesting going on there?

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

not particularly after the The Great Unbanning- imo that's one of the best threads recently on the subreddit.

well, that, and the one where the dudes like 'I'm totally gonna buy one of these!' or similar.  pure gold.

Well if they like a generic board that they have to buy a hard drive and OS (or love Linux) then they will like it.

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of reddit is there anything fun or interesting going on there?

Someone posted a video, claiming to have a prototype board, which was shot with a potato camera set on the opposite of a steady cam in the deepest, darkest cave you could find.  

Honestly it looks like a raspberry pi hidden in a converse shoe box. Give the guy credit though, it's a real easy way to get views. I've reached out to Mike Arzt at Atari to confirm if it is real but I'm not sure if he is speaking to me these days.

Edited by The Historian
Words
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Historian said:

Someone posted a video, claiming to have a prototype board, which was shot with a potato camera set on the opposite of a steady cam in the deepest, darkest cave you could find.  

For a moment, I read that as "shot with a potato cannon". Now I'm disappointed.

• Like 3

shameless plug my nintenputer is still for sale, its got a dual core 1.8ghz cpu, 4 gigs of ram and a effin Geforce (cough 210 intergrated with 512 meg of dedicated ram) and on ebay I dropped the price 75 bucks from the below listing just to break even .... guys ... gals ... birds ... ???

since were talking pi's in a box and custom consoles ... this is my 5th or so one since the atacobox was announced ... direct from my garage and a funding campaign of some extra paypal funds from selling real VCS's that had been refurbed for a profit of 10-20 bucks a pop

off the shelf parts in a retro console box, atari = 3 years and 3 + million, osgeld = 3 years and 5 different builds for less than 1000$, and I never sold my pi in a box coleco chameleon it's just too fun (something about having a 128 gig SSD in a Jag cart that I can yank out and plug into my computer for rom stuff and plop back in the cart slot of the jag case just amuses the f*ck out of me for a tv system) 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Not even using a can of "AtariVCS" Flex-Seal isn't going to patch all their problems up.

atari_flex_seal.thumb.jpg.5869cb19c3c14552aac88a3aaf5b39c3.jpg

At least they’re more active now than ever on social media and keeping their backers up-to-date with new articles.... from June 13th

3AF33612-AE4F-48FC-9B0F-41F61CB1DAD3.thumb.jpeg.533d19980210280d3cbce29ce456511c.jpeg

...but, I thought it wasn’t a console. Atari - so mysterious, so perplexing!

”What could the AtariVCS do for you?”

Disappoint me.  

• Like 4

Paging @Lodmot

Jul 19, 2019 was Atari's last update.  I'm just a small town boy from flyover country, but my cypherin' says that's more than a month ago.  Didn't you report them for this before? Well now they abandoned the comment questions about the same time, you can do c) too!

Via the Terms of Use (emphasis, mine):

As a Campaign Owner, you are entering into a legal agreement with a Contributor when they make a Contribution to your Campaign, which includes the following obligations (in addition to the all other Terms and Additional Policies):

• Legal obligations of Campaign Owners
    1. Make good faith efforts to fulfill the Perks associated with a Campaign in the timeframe that is communicated to Contributors.
    2. Immediately notify Contributors if there are obstacles or delays.
    3. Respond promptly and truthfully to all questions posed to them by Contributors.
    4. Provide substantive and quality updates at least once a month to Contributors.
    5. If you have received the Contributions from your Campaign, issue refunds to Contributors if you cannot deliver Perks.
    6. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the use of Contributions and delivery of Perks.

3 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Paging @Lodmot

Jul 19, 2019 was Atari's last update.  I'm just a small town boy from flyover country, but my cypherin' says that's more than a month ago.  Didn't you report them for this before? Well now they abandoned the comment questions about the same time, you can do c) too!

Via the Terms of Use (emphasis, mine):

Sweet! :3 I probably will.

It's funny-- I actually stopped even paying attention to the Atari VCS and focused more on Sega, because they're actually doing some awesome stuff this year (and I get my Genesis Mini in 6 days). Just need to fix my original genesis and figure out why it keeps black-screening. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:37 AM, Flojomojo said:

Somebody on their social media page said they'd have more announcements later this summer.

Even though we are a week past Labor Day and we have all put away our white shoes, technically there are still two weeks of summer for them to them to bring the shock and awe. 

I think a smart move for "Atari" would be to add up all the game variations of all the components of Atari Vault, and count those as if they were separate titles. Looky here, Video Olympics alone contains FIFTY VIDEO GAMES. 

AC3B39DC-B230-40D0-B529-D2F34E49EDBD.thumb.jpeg.97e212eaaa0e1e1fbea4beac7ba12631.jpeg

How many can you play with that joystick?

24 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I already turned them in for that. Never got a response. IGG doesn't care. But you should still turn them in.

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

Sweet! :3 I probably will.

^Maybe if you both turn them in, and so do many more...There's strength in numbers...Though, that would likely lead to one of those *pointless* Updates.   "Here's an update...See?  We're "updating"...Watch for future announcements forthcoming."

If they even care that much...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

^Maybe if you both turn them in, and so do many more...There's strength in numbers...Though, that would likely lead to one of those *pointless* Updates.   "Here's an update...See?  We're "updating"...Watch for future announcements forthcoming."

If they even care that much...

Yeah..

That's why I sorta just stopped caring. I knew I wasn't going to win that argument, even though they're in the wrong.

And yeah, I know I keep droning on about this, but guys...... GENESIS MINI IN 6 DAYS, FAWK YEAHHH!

• Like 1

@Lodmot 2018:  FlipflopflipflopflipflopflipflopFlipflopflipflopflipflopflipflopFlipflopflipflopflipflopflipflopFlipflopflipflopflipflopflipflop

@Lodmot 2019:

21 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Yeah..

That's why I sorta just stopped caring.

Get him, boys!

Facebook-d3834d.png

(I'm glad you're at least not stressing over it, though.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3