IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

9 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I wonder what how he'd react to Totes the Goat. Sync-sound action! Mind blown!!

If it ran on it, they'd probably tout this as a prime example of the Ataribollocks'(tm) astounding 3D capabilities.

Realistically, though, for that platform it just may be.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AtariNerd said:

I wanna play me some Totes the Goat, but me no wanna buy a game system, just for. Any other Switch games to help sucker me up for the plat-form, that we oldies might appreciate? ;)

OMFG, can't tell if you're serious or not. I'll assume you are. Switch is THE old person console, it's MADE for people who like Atari-Aged stuff. Here are some of my favorites:

Horizon Chase

Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 

Tetris 99 (this, NES, and SNES are included with the $20/year Nintendo Online)

N++

Atari Flashback Classics (everything from Atari Vault is included, and more)

Arcade Archives like Donkey Kong, Moon Patrol, Punch-Out, Time Pilot, a lot of Neo Geo games

SEGA AGES games like Virtua Racing, Outrun, Phantasy Star

Sega Genesis Collection

DOOM, DOOM II, Doom 3, modern DOOM and Wolfenstein too

Crash Bandicoot collection

Konami, Capcom, SNK collections

Too many indies to list

Don't limit yourself to the physical cartridges in the store. While stuff like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the Wild are great, they're not the only game in town. Most of the short-attention-span stuff I truly love is only available as digital downloads. They're better about letting you move your stuff between systems now, as the software is tied to an account, not a single piece of hardware. https://www.nintendo.com/games/switch/

It's really great. Quite possibly my favorite "traditional" console yet. If you look at all these reviews and don't see something you want to play, you probably don't like games. 

Basically, it's everything the Atari VCS isn't. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Yay! Page 888, tripple Retro...
Since I will be celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving,
I am very grateful for this bounty of fail, after the Coleco Chameleon debacle came to an end I was getting a funny feeling inside of me, sort of like when the internet goes down. I guess this is what smokers feel when trying to quit. I don't know I dont smoke, but now that the dirty laundry is being aired and history is repeating itself, my cravings for a scandal have subsided. If this is a scam & Fred Cheesehead dissapears, then perhaps people will learn a lesson. If it does come out, no doubt people will appalled to learn that they have to pay $10 a month ($8 yearly subscription) to play Money On The Run & other such tripple A titles, even though they can probably be played in your browser, downloaded in a Femtosecond

But I do wish something to be shipped, at least it will be a "collectable" like the NEW Action52 cart or Caltron6-1 cart

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

As someone who has suffered and lived with dyslexia along with other learning difficulties all their life, i can fully understand the frustration of translating from the mind to paper. Therefor i can give leeway when it comes to grammar and punctuation as it can be one hell of a ride.

Although those like Brandon Harris are on another level and resemble someone you would see on the bus/train rambling nonsense to themselves causing a disturbance. I have seen him post that the 2600 was 4bit architecture?! which clearly shows he is rambling on without even looking into what he is talking about.

If he is not trolling, i kind of feel sorry for him.

Edited by TwentySixHundred
  • Like 3

Brandon Harris 5 minutes ago

The new news of the VCS should give us an I incite on how a store front could be: modern remakes, retro-game, new content. In gamming it’s all about content so the hardware is with the time investment. Got to look at starwars arcade 1up, lots of people said their latest product went well, that a good sign towards the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I dare them to post this to Atari_VCS_Official and see how long Überstrategist's intern lets this one stay up for:

hnETZT2.png

Ditto this one:

4Fsh7Ja.png

Clearly these posts are indicative of a crowdfunding campaign that's just teeming with satisified pigeons backers.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 4

So guys...

I just finished watching this crazy movie, and after thinking about it for a bit, I realized it's very similar to the Atari VCS. You get lured in, because it looks awesome and it seems like a promising new opportunity, but then you get eaten alive:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, racerx said:

At no point did anything about this project ever look awesome or promising.

I thought that it has been awesomely entertaining. The tricks they have been performing and fooling people with have been sadly hilarious.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Look, not hear. They have showed nothing awesome. Only empty words and promises.

They still haven't shown anything mediocre yet.

Mmmmmmm, I don't know Tommy Beefy.  This bag fan looks pretty sweet!

lab1.thumb.jpg.a8aa7c6e346c844d14b740f162967564.jpg

Hold on!  A shot from the other side of the room reveals another one.  TWO big fans?  I'm impressed.

lab2.thumb.jpg.f06d664699fbce456110f4b9c7559df2.jpg

Lastly, I know it's a little digression ... but here is what proper news looks like.    CLICKTY-CLICK

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, racerx said:

At no point did anything about this project ever look awesome or promising.

No joke, the case looked nice (even if it makes me hungry for tacos), the controllers looked nice (mainly because they're aping off of the Atari 2600 and Xbox 360 controller designs), and the mockups of their still-vaporware Linux OS looked pretty nifty (almost like some of the menu themes for Launchbox, RetroPie and Lakka). Despite all of the snark I have deposited here, and all of it yet to be placed here at the malign and expensive of Fred Chesnais, his fellow founders of Atari Gamebox LLC, Atari SA and their ever-faithful following of Flavor-Aid drinkers, I think what they promised looked awesome, but nothing of the project or ongoing damage control dumpster fires updates look awesome or promising.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DurradonXylles said:

No joke, the case looked nice

I think a lot of people liked the original case design.  I'm not so sure how they felt about the updated, thicker version.  But perhaps by that time the project was too tainted.

A modern take on the joystick was interesting.  My opinion is they should've only stuck with getting that right, then down the road offer a console.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

A modern take on the joystick was interesting.  My opinion is they should've only stuck with getting that right, then down the road offer a console.

I think that would have landed like the Henry Ford quote (paraphrased) "
-- if I asked my customers what they wanted, they'd say "a faster horse." Nobody outside the VCS group knows how effective or durable the sexy stick really is. It seems floppy and fragile to me, especially the spinning aspect. Maybe it's great and worth $50 but my confidence is low. 

• Like 4