IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

In that case.......

10 rem "fix major game defect runtime"

20 execute script (controller config correction)

30 if dad throws controller=1 then goto 80
40 if kid > dad then kid score = -1

50 if dad bitching about controller not working = 1 then execute clean sweep protocol

60 d=d+1

70 if d=1000000000000 then resume else goto 60

80 Print "game over"

90 end

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Heck yeah!  For sure.  Every game has a single player and couch co-op mode.  Required for every game we're doing.  It's been a lot of fun updating and turning traditional single player games into couch co-op as well.  Considering this is the Atari thread... our 8 player Missile Command is really fun!  You can play in Versus or Co-Op.  And we even have a 2 player mode where someone is on the top and someone on the bottom and your firing rockets at each other while defending your own.  But of course... a full single player mode as well.

:)

This may just be what my 7yo, 5yo, and I have been waiting for. We love playing my Vader, but they are also used to Xbox 360 and mobile games. A system that the kids can play together, and can hook up to our real entertainment center, that's gold and badly lacking in the marketplace.

Now my wife isn't too interested in playing with us, but she doesn't mind watching. Shoot, she used to watch her brother play the Intellivision. At one point I thought she used to play with her brother, so I bought her a Flashback Intellivision for Christmas. That's when I learned that she only ever watched him play. So I did what any husband would do. I played with her ding-dong brother for hours while she watched and talked smack to both of us. That was one of the best Christmas's we as an extended family had together.

I also found the D&D games on there and they were fantastic, so if you found a way to get them on there (even without the branding), that'd be aces.

I have to say if you can deliver all of this, this might just be a day one purchase for us. I think we're your target market. Sell it to me. :)

UPDATE: Continued reading the thread; sorry for the derail. Back to your F*ing tacos kids.

Edited by JasperAK
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

So what do you think explains "Atari" stock going up 40% in one day? Sunspots? 

I suspect it's insider trading by Fred. Looks like he unloaded a ton of shares before the Register article broke, then bought them back at what he thinks is the recent bottom. The change in price both times tracks on the volume, so it's not any indicator of value.

"Technical Trading Imbalance 

In some cases, there is just too much buying compared to the selling, or too much selling compared to the buying. Often these technical imbalances are not even related to the operations of the underlying company but nonetheless can establish themselves simply because of chance or the timing of investors.

This becomes especially true with penny stocks, because typically lower-priced shares will have fewer buyers, or they will have fewer sellers, at any given point. This thin trading activity can often result in pretty significant technical imbalances.

Think of it as a raft with 10 people on it. The "vessel" (or some combination of boards and rope and planks) may float fine, but from time to time there might be too many people all on one side... causing the raft to tip.

The same theory holds true with any thinly-traded stocks. If only an average of $5,000 worth of shares trades hands on any given day, but then someone dumps $22,575 of the stock in one minute, then that penny stock would suffer a technical imbalance.

In our example, there probably wouldn't be enough buying demand to hold shares up, beneath the weight of someone selling $22,575 worth of the investment. The share price would tank until the selling was absorbed by the buyers. "

Eventually, when a technical imbalance (which by its nature is usually temporary and artificial) gets absorbed over time, the shares often move back to where they were in the first place. Whether it takes minutes, days, weeks, or months, the penny stock usually rebounds to former levels.

There are many temporary technical imbalances. Astute investors might spot sudden selling activity, and be able to capture a small position at a deeply undervalued price."

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, JBerel said:

I suspect it's insider trading by Fred. Looks like he unloaded a ton of shares before the Register article broke, then bought them back at what he thinks is the recent bottom. The change in price both times tracks on the volume, so it's not any indicator of value.

Isn't insider trading illegal? ?

I guess he knew he couldn't keep the story under wraps. Smart boy.

• Haha 5

Stock looks to be correcting itself. Maybe PDubs got himself a nice payday. Or as Berel suggests, perhaps Fred treated himself to one last heist. 

A4FC9052-8753-434B-860D-150D1DB47217.thumb.jpeg.f5578ccaf6c3bf09995f2f7029e1fff3.jpeg
Maybe they should join forces with that other project. Bringing People Together Again with Netflix for Mom in an Unprecedented Sandbox of Freedom. 

BPTANMUSF!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every move they make and every delay costs them money. They're probably better off with nothing, as compared to the weak posts they were auto-firing on a daily basis. "What are you playing this weekend?" can't be doing much for brand engagement.

The best thing "Atari" has going for themselves would be the dusty memories of the Phelans and Blakeleys out there. There's not much evidence of them actually doing, building, or saying anything worth daily bulletins. Let the pigeons build up their own "head canon" of what "Atari" can do!

Maybe UberStrategist pulled a Wyatt because they haven't been paid. ?

#handsinpants

• Haha 2

That's what I'd guess. Uberstrategist probably stopped getting paid.

On the stock activity, you can see below that somebody unloaded 4MM shares just hours before the Register article about Rob quitting and the other reports of a S#!t show. That was not a response to the article.

2142474676_2019-10-3010_31_53-ATA_PA0.33-0.0036-1.0791_ATARI-YahooFinance.thumb.png.534475b86929f5a85c3ae70cc8223c1d.png

Then on the 28th, somebody bought nearly 4MM shares. Probably every bit of that between the 28th and the days prior.  

261983675_2019-10-3010_32_33-ATA_PA0.33-0.0036-1.0791_ATARI-YahooFinance.thumb.png.3fe4fcbbe354a66be6045101bf1c8db1.png

I'm not sure if that activity represents an expectation of the company value totally bottoming out with the news, or manipulation of the stock based on the new permissions they granted themselves recently. The timing is very very suspicious. You can definitely see patterns building up to the news release that they knew was coming a week prior. A number of them unloaded their penny stock between 31 and 26 cents a share, and once they determined the bleeding settled at 26 cents, they bought it back between 26 and 31 cents. How well they did depends entirely on the method they were able to conduct the purchase. (allegedly) Only Fredo and his compatriots could do that kind of volume in a way that guarantees they make profit since an over the counter transaction wouldn't find buyers for the shares in time to beat the price bottoming out.

I doubt that stock could genuinely sustain that kind of volume through normal OTC transactions. I bet they sold personal shares in advance of a corporate loophole transaction where they moved shares around as alluded to in their shareholder report. They probably just did some paper shuffling to take valuation of 4MM shares at 31 cents, transferred the loss to other shareholders, then redistributed shares at 26 cents, thereby avoiding the time and risk needed to conduct an OTC trade. In any case, Atari only exists now for what you see going on in these charts. Everything else is window dressing.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

On Twitter, they did their normal regurgitation Oct 21st and 22nd; likely scheduled through AgoraPulse Manager, as shown in the tweet.  On the 23rd, the only thing they did was retweet a 2600 find and put the okay ? emoji.

Smells fishy, indeed.

Holy cow! There's a Single Chip Atari 2600 Junior in that lot!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBerel said:

I doubt that stock could genuinely sustain that kind of volume through normal OTC transactions. I bet they sold personal shares in advance of a corporate loophole transaction where they moved shares around as alluded to in their shareholder report. They probably just did some paper shuffling to take valuation of 4MM shares at 31 cents, transferred the loss to other shareholders, then redistributed shares at 26 cents, thereby avoiding the time and risk needed to conduct an OTC trade. In any case, Atari only exists now for what you see going on in these charts. Everything else is window dressing.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm more motivated than most to see the worst things about Fred's "Atari," but that seems like wag the dog to me, the opposite causal direction they would want, a bit paranoid in my opinion. 

You're suggesting that "hours before" The Register's article (published on a UK schedule), the main shareholders (in France on an EU market) purposely dumped huge quantities of their stock in a short-term scheme, then released a panicked-sounding "everything is fine" press release, only to buy it all back 3 weeks later. You're saying that they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that simply for a quick payout?

If that were true, why would they need air cover from The Register at all? If they were THAT crooked, what's to stop them from doing it every single month? 

I agree that the stock is the most valuable thing they own. I dispute the idea they'd fsck with that in a highly regulated market; I think it's far more likely the stock took a dump because every news outlet was saying that their pet project was kaput. 

• Like 3

I'm not suggesting that specifically, I'm just looking at the volume of trading compared to their history. There was a lot more activity leading up to the news release and a huge jump the day before/of the release. It was not as a result of the story. People can assume what they will, but there was definitely a large orchestrated action prior to the story coming out. There was another large action on the 29th. I'm no stock expert (but I play one on TV). As I mentioned, those transactions could have been part of the stock buybacks or transfers or any number of other corporate transactions, and any number of them may have been perfectly legal. Even if a corporate or personal transaction was performed because of knowledge about a news story coming out, I'm not sure that would be an illegal act, I'm definitely no attorney (blood sucking vampires). 

I think ol Martha was a case of a CEO pal tells her about a pending merger or something and she bought or sold stock prior to the deal being announced and profited greatly from it. That's sounds very different to me than some shit company who is in the habit of screwing up having a reporter ask around a week in advance about some bad news he was gonna publish. At their level, any gains are not likely to raise regulators' eyebrows. I don't even know what if any kind of regulation they're subject to being some off-off market penny stock listed on foreign exchanges. My understanding is the contortions they've used to list their stock the way they do has been to avoid the scrutiny applied to more legitimate stocks on major markets. I couldn't begin to say what's legal or could be prosecuted in their case. What is patently obvious is the timing of the transactions is one hell of a coincidence.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JBerel said:

I'm not suggesting that specifically, I'm just looking at the volume of trading compared to their history. There was a lot more activity leading up to the news release and a huge jump the day before/of the release. It was not as a result of the story. People can assume what they will, but there was definitely a large orchestrated action prior to the story coming out. There was another large action on the 29th. 

Glad to hear it. The known facts are pretty damning as it is. As nice as it would be to have more inside scoops, it's not a good look to be making stuff up. Speculation is fun though! It's not like they're communicating enough to prove any of it wrong. See ?.

Could just be end of the fiscal year stuff, too. And for future claim chowder: Chinese New Year 2020 starts on Saturday, January 25. Production facilities start to wind down 2 weeks prior to that date. 

October 1 Readout of quarterly Shareholders meeting https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-10-01/atari-ordinary-extraordinary-general-shareholders-meeting-of-september-30-2019

October 8 Official Atari Medium Update https://medium.com/@atarivcs/atari-vcs-plastics-thermals-and-internals-f72e61897b81

October 8 The Register savage critique, with unnamed insiders calling it a shitshow https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/08/atari_architect_quits/

October 8 Brief Statement from the company https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-10-08/atari-october-8th-2019-brief-statement

• Like 3