Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Would it be better to ignore this nonsense and just enjoy the Atari's we all have, because it doesn't matter to us?  Remember, even bad "news" is another eye set watching.  We should promote small taco places and trucks instead. 

Yes and no. 

 

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread (sorry, forgot who), if we can prevent even one person from buying into this scam of a dumpster fire, we've helped someone (and hopefully put another nail in Atari SA's rotting coffin).

Whilst it'd be nice to avoid it and give them no attention, if it weren't for some of the people in this thread, The Register and even on YouTube spreading the word, there may be more people misled by the taco-brained shell of a company behind this Ponzi scheme. 

 

I also wanted to add that, as much as we make fun of people like John Phelan and co. (look at Shawndell Rivers or whatever his name is, always in John's comments), some of them seem to be legitimately slow. Not to be disparaging though - on the contrary, it bothers me that at least some of these hardcore VCS supporters just don't know any better and are being taken advantage of by Atari, something infinitely easier to do if said people are already a few quid short, so to speak. That's just morally wrong. Not that Freddy Boy has any morals to begin with but, you know...

 

I actually feel sorry for some of these people (obviously not including Werner Bros. Inc.). Others (guess who) are clearly just bad people though. 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TankedThomas said:

I also wanted to add that, as much as we make fun of people like John Phelan and co. (look at Shawndell Rivers or whatever his name is, always in John's comments), some of them seem to be legitimately slow. Not to be disparaging though - on the contrary, it bothers me that at least some of these hardcore VCS supporters just don't know any better and are being taken advantage of by Atari, something infinitely easier to do if said people are already a few quid short, so to speak. That's just morally wrong. Not that Freddy Boy has any morals to begin with but, you know...

 

x100 this. It really bugs me to think about how the intellectually and developmentally challenged folks that are behaving in such a trusting matter are going to be emotionally impacted. I understand that business is business and anyone is welcome to order, but actively leading people on with disabilities with comments like "thanks @usernameofperson - we sure do love your support", and encouraging them with little social media "fan badges" screams to me that there is a lack of both corporate and personal ethics at play, and it is a real bummer. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atari VCS - Toaster Edition !

 

Play games !

 

Make Toast !

 

Watch Netflix !

 

Don't ask us how it works, it just does !

 

Limited Edition !

 

1 of 42 !

 

Cost - Just buy our company, please...

 

ataribreadbox.jpg

 

* Operating system not included, you gotta do that yourself folks

 

Edited by Woulfe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Woulfe said:

Atari VCS - Toaster Edition !

 

Play games !

 

Make Toast !

 

Watch Netflix !

 

Don't ask us how it works, it just does !

 

Limited Edition !

 

1 of 42 !

 

Cost - Just buy our company, please...

 

ataribreadbox.jpg

 

* Operating system not included, you gotta do that yourself folks

 

 

Well, it looks like we've circled back around to toasters again...

 

On 12/30/2017 at 6:04 PM, CPUWIZ said:

WTF? What is the stupid controller for then? Next it is going to be a steam powered, internet connected taco-toaster. :lol:

On 12/30/2017 at 9:07 PM, Nathan Strum said:

Well... one out of three...

 

post-2641-0-34065300-1514696570_thumb.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Funny you mention that.

 

In the past I bought some headphones with a Polaroid logo.  

That said, I was fine with them licensing the name for things like Flashbacks, which are fine for what they are, or maybe things like stickers or T-shirts. 

 

I really wished they had just licensed their name out to some computer company at this point and had them make the new era of Atari computers. We wouldn't have needed this taco show then.

3 hours ago, TankedThomas said:

Yes and no. 

 

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread (sorry, forgot who), if we can prevent even one person from buying into this scam of a dumpster fire, we've helped someone (and hopefully put another nail in Atari SA's rotting coffin).

Whilst it'd be nice to avoid it and give them no attention, if it weren't for some of the people in this thread, The Register and even on YouTube spreading the word, there may be more people misled by the taco-brained shell of a company behind this Ponzi scheme. 

 

I also wanted to add that, as much as we make fun of people like John Phelan and co. (look at Shawndell Rivers or whatever his name is, always in John's comments), some of them seem to be legitimately slow. Not to be disparaging though - on the contrary, it bothers me that at least some of these hardcore VCS supporters just don't know any better and are being taken advantage of by Atari, something infinitely easier to do if said people are already a few quid short, so to speak. That's just morally wrong. Not that Freddy Boy has any morals to begin with but, you know...

 

I actually feel sorry for some of these people (obviously not including Werner Bros. Inc.). Others (guess who) are clearly just bad people though. 

I don't think the point of this thread is to keep people from buying the thing. I will feel bad if it isn't up to JP and co.'s expectations. I see the point of this thread is having fun at Atari's expense as consequence of their dumb decisions.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

 

New name checks out.

(Cue any Rob Wyatt hands-in-pants photo).

hands_in_pants_man_addams.thumb.jpg.8ad5153159db718bfd65bf2c9f8bbc61.jpg

 

 

1071198160_ScreenShot2019-10-31at3_26_10PM.thumb.png.31a4201b4ea58c54caa5e2e81c3f4d8c.png

 

 

 

 

 

“You Want the Truth (about risk)? You Can’t HANDLE The ...

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, themewsh said:

x100 this. It really bugs me to think about how the intellectually and developmentally challenged folks that are behaving in such a trusting matter are going to be emotionally impacted. I understand that business is business and anyone is welcome to order, but actively leading people on with disabilities with comments like "thanks @usernameofperson - we sure do love your support", and encouraging them with little social media "fan badges" screams to me that there is a lack of both corporate and personal ethics at play, and it is a real bummer. 

I agree with you 120% but I'd like to point out that a Facebook page administrator can't encourage anyone with "fan badges" - Facebook gives them automatically (to people who comment and react a lot I guess).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keithbk said:

Beware of Talky the Toaster... Your chirpy breakfast-time companion....

 

 

One of my all-time favourites. Ahhhh, so you're a muffin man!


 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my words, but I agree with what this commenter is saying. Also of note: "Atari" doesn't make anything, and has no capacity for doing so. They're a t-shirt branding company with some overly aggressive legal trolls on retainer. 

97FAEBEE-C58A-455F-A40E-27A11309EE1A.thumb.jpeg.a440184c61a96bba3acc4190b8a0c87c.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

I saw that article last night and just cringed.   The backers will be using this as proof of life for a long time.   It's about as pointless as saying that because you can preorder something on Walmart's website or from Game Stop, than it must be real.  "Well, Walmart isn't going to let you preorder something that's not coming out. "  Okay, buddy. Walmart sells practically EVERYTHING.   If they have to refund a few preorders for something that doesn't come out, it's no sweat off their backs.

 

As for this article, in theory, the return of Atari to the console business would make this a promising stock to own.  But I doubt the person who wrote this article is aware of what a dumpster fire this product, and entire company is.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Assuming it's not just paid placement or something similarly scummy, they're just looking at the P/E (which could easily tell the exact opposite story) and the fluctuating range. If you bought at 0.28 and sold at 0.40, you could make some bank, but the volatility has nothing to do with reality or actual performance. 
 

"Stream, game, and connect like never before" 😂

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^
"Stream, game, and connect like never before"

See the problem is that people are not like Vulcans, This statement is %100 factual and in no way a lie.
In no way does this imply a seamless user experience. If this console sucks lemons, then the above statement is indeed correct, to connect and stream you will have to jump hoops to get this boxed mess to work, thus it is a unique experience in videogame console market, never before has anyone made a pile of unmitigated procrastianed failure- allegedly

Remember; in telling the truth, how people interpret a statement is another question :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I agree with you 120% but I'd like to point out that a Facebook page administrator can't encourage anyone with "fan badges" - Facebook gives them automatically (to people who comment and react a lot I guess).

Gotcha, thank you for the insight. You know what? I learned something today!

 

kyle.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too lazy this morning to look up that speech I quoted to Ben Heck, but Chesnais is pretty proud that they don't produce anything in-house.  He's proud they take pre-orders.  When he speaks of Atari, it's called "the brand".  

 

I wonder what the etymology of "brand" might be? 

 

Thinking Face on Google Android 10.0

 

 

 

 

Atari Brand.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So any talented homebrewers working on a taco game? We are nearing 1000 pages and need a way to celebrate.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ I'g going to celebrate by going out to buy some 90% discounted treats on this Boxaween day.
As for ATARI "Brand", Think more of Chesnais getting people to follow him, blindly because of Nostalgia, then he can Brand them like cattle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I'm too lazy this morning to look up that speech I quoted to Ben Heck, but Chesnais is pretty proud that they don't produce anything in-house.  He's proud they take pre-orders.  When he speaks of Atari, it's called "the brand".  

 

I wonder what the etymology of "brand" might be? 

 

Thinking Face on Google Android 10.0

 

 

 

 

Atari Brand.png

Nice. And 60 is the number of days left in 2019. 

 

Too bad "Atari" is all [speaker] hat, no cattle. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OCAT said:

^^^ All Toasters toast Toast (So I have been told)

Technically, toasters are meant to toast bread. You could toast toast if you wanted to but you’d probably end up burning it. So not advised 😉

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...