IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

There's no evidence for ANYthing those bright-eyed optimists are saying. Calling this a Flying Spaghetti Monster is insulting to FSMers everywhere. 

1. The "Dick Tracy" watch with the Atari label on it failed LONG AFTER many, many updates about production, long after they showed working prototypes. "Atari VCS" isn't even at that stage yet. 
  2. "Have faith" is literally the opposite of evidence. 
  3. "I believe" is the same. 
  4. Andy "Overly Attached" Blakely only "bets" the software devs are working "insane hours." I will take that bet. Wishing doesn't make it so. But in his defense, zero hours is also "insane."
  5. Crossing fingers is far less effective than NOT giving money to obvious grifters 18 months ago. 
  6. For someone who repeatedly says he still doesn't care if there's another delay, Andy sure talks a lot about it. 
  7. Of course there's going to be a delay. There are only a few weeks before December. Of course the reputation of "Atari" is already a bad joke. But who cares about hurting future sales? It would be best for everyone, "Atari" included, for this to fail quickly. Even as a dumb joke, it's getting old. 
  8. "Working with Walmart and others" means less than nothing. Walmart and Gamestop are being used like Amazon or Ebay in this case. "Atari" is hiding behind them to pretend this project is a real product. There's zero evidence that it is. 
  9. Just because "Atari" is this far in, that's no reason they can't be hopelessly behind. Vaporware is the best description of what they have not shown. They look best when they're honest and open. They haven't looked very honest nor open to me. 
  10. It's not a good starting point or beginning for anything, let alone a nearly 50-year old brand name. 
  11. "Game devs," ha. Until "Atari" shows something beyond 2016's Atari Vault and the Windows-only Tempest 4000, there aren't any games. 
  12. "Molds, boxes, etc." ... they don't exist until they've been shown. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

oh oh, when is lunch by the way :)

1929555080_ScreenShot2019-11-13at8_46_36AM.thumb.png.d851fda0c877eba0c9fab93aa7b3b78b.png

131994172_ScreenShot2019-11-13at8_50_20AM.thumb.png.ed37592be79e999f2b2fb8688cd4928a.png

So, I guess the big takeaway is that most of these pigeons are willing to be strung along a lot longer than I thought, maybe indefinitely. 

I'll give Karl credit though.  He's smart enough to know something's not quite kosher.  He's also brave to post that in Werner Land where failing to drink the Koolaid gets you voted off the island 

• Like 6

Just now, Agillig said:

So, I guess the big takeaway is that most of these pigeons are willing to be strung along a lot longer than I thought, maybe indefinitely. 

I'll give Karl credit though.  He's smart enough to know something's not quite kosher.  He's also brave to post that in Werner Land where failing to drink the Koolaid gets you voted off the island 

Yeah but he also thinks I'm Tommy Tallarico :)

• Haha 10

12 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

There's no evidence for ANYthing those bright-eyed optimists are saying. Calling this a Flying Spaghetti Monster is insulting to FSMers everywhere. 

1. The "Dick Tracy" watch with the Atari label on it failed LONG AFTER many, many updates about production, long after they showed working prototypes. "Atari VCS" isn't even at that stage yet. 
  2. "Have faith" is literally the opposite of evidence. 
  3. "I believe" is the same. 
  4. Andy "Overly Attached" Blakely only "bets" the software devs are working "insane hours." I will take that bet. Wishing doesn't make it so. But in his defense, zero hours is also "insane."
  5. Crossing fingers is far less effective than NOT giving money to obvious grifters 18 months ago. 
  6. For someone who repeatedly says he still doesn't care if there's another delay, Andy sure talks a lot about it. 
  7. Of course there's going to be a delay. There are only a few weeks before December. Of course the reputation of "Atari" is already a bad joke. But who cares about hurting future sales? It would be best for everyone, "Atari" included, for this to fail quickly. Even as a dumb joke, it's getting old. 
  8. "Working with Walmart and others" means less than nothing. Walmart and Gamestop are being used like Amazon or Ebay in this case. "Atari" is hiding behind them to pretend this project is a real product. There's zero evidence that it is. 
  9. Just because "Atari" is this far in, that's no reason they can't be hopelessly behind. Vaporware is the best description of what they have not shown. They look best when they're honest and open. They haven't looked very honest nor open to me. 
  10. It's not a good starting point or beginning for anything, let alone a nearly 50-year old brand name. 
  11. "Game devs," ha. Until "Atari" shows something beyond 2016's Atari Vault and the Windows-only Tempest 4000, there aren't any games. 
  12. "Molds, boxes, etc." ... they don't exist until they've been shown. 

Settle down there .. the Wormer has spoken!

55571950_ScreenShot2019-11-13at9_22_36AM.png.0026f58eae67e64bba803db3bb10dc2e.png

You think he edited that comment just to make YOU all caps? I do :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ColecoJoe said:

Settle down there .. the Wormer has spoken!

55571950_ScreenShot2019-11-13at9_22_36AM.png.0026f58eae67e64bba803db3bb10dc2e.png

You think he edited that comment just to make YOU all caps? I do :)

I ain't no grasshopper. I'm more of a taco-eating cucaracha

giphy.gif

So here's what they said about 5 weeks ago

This is probably a good time to remind our Indiegogo backers of the participatory nature of their support. As we have stated before, the Atari VCS hardware that early backers receive will be 100% finished, but the software on these first units will be early access, exclusively available to our community. Atari will be counting on our many thousands of backers to help improve and enhance the VCS experience with all the great feedback and ideas we know they will provide, in advance of our retail launch in spring 2020. 

As agreed upon in the summer of 2018. Fair enough, if they hold up their end. 

Our goal, as always, has been to make sure that we ship our official products with the help of our biggest fans. Of course we will provide many more details about the Atari VCS software directly to backers as we get closer to shipping

Did the backers hear anything directly? @Lodmot wouldn't have missed such a thing. Or perhaps, we aren't much closer to shipping. What's more likely? The one that has all the evidence around it. Call it Fred's Razor. What happened to his beard, anyway?

giphy.gif

In the meantime, we hope you have enjoyed this latest “behind the scenes tour.”

Ever notice we don't get to see members of "the team" anymore? Or are the factory workers in booties the new team?

giphy.gif

We have more partnerships in the works and more new updates and announcements planned and very much look forward to sharing more with you soon!

Maybe they have new lawyers to defend themselves from the incoming lawsuits? Maybe the announcements that are planned are about the inevitable delays?

giphy.gif

Maybe they've spent the week whiting out any possible substance from their photos, like they did here.

1*JiLafH5DRGKWQvLRcT1GiQ.thumb.jpeg.c3b68142acb4d4e42999feb798d5982f.jpeg1*OMCl7KnhOMhe4ag2Qqptrw.thumb.jpeg.5e26df697b2c78fd50af5eab2bd551a9.jpeg1*ueuXt9sY2nSxn1KW6tGrZg.thumb.jpeg.ce3dfcf51ed43e9007f7b5648daa13bd.jpegunderpants-gnomes-business-plan_zd1ti8.thumb.png.53d9dfd5c91ab753b0122b6540694d10.png

• Haha 6

This is probably a good time to remind our Indiegogo backers of the participatory nature of their support. As we have stated before, the Atari VCS hardware that early backers receive will be 100% finished, but the software on these first units will be early access, exclusively available to our community. Atari will be counting on our many thousands of backers to help improve and enhance the VCS experience with all the great feedback and ideas we know they will provide, in advance of our retail launch in spring 2020. 

Sounds like they're setting up the, "It's not a bug, it's a feature defense."

Let me run this through my realtor/sales associate marketing translator........

"The broken crap you participated in getting conned into buying will be exclusively available to the community of dolts who paid up front for it."

"It's gonna suck, so you'll get to participate in polishing the turd yourselves."

"Those aren't defects, those are opportunities!"

"As an added bonus, you'll get to figure out what, if anything, you can do with it when/if it arrives." 

• Like 4

934700191_ScreenShot2019-11-13at12_49_58PM.thumb.png.550113cf5bc21c678499fabc35724195.png

Atari_VCS_Family.thumb.jpg.1390310e620295b94e75128bb18ce3c2.jpg

April 19, 2018:

It's an AMD, x86 processor, it's a hard-drive, it has an Ethernet support and USB - it's a little computer, and people make computers all the time. The hardware part of it is the easy part. Now it's baking in the software and making it a unique experience. That's the part we're really rolling up our sleeves and working on right now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

image.png.2d8538c5e02a8403320407fb63a17588.png

If Andy knows any dev that is actually working on the VCS, now would be a good time to inform the class 

Konami is working on Symphony of the Night 2, Capcom is releasing Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo Alpha. Both are VCS launch titles   Yesterday,  Activision announced Black Ops 5 is going to be a VCS exclusive. 

Ok...there's no third party support for this system, and judging from the number of people who said they contacted Atari to make games for this system, but were blown off, there never will be.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4