IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Tommy is making assumptions that give them way too much credit in the first place. The only evidence of an actual board, and it's a bit sketchy, is the one off board made for testing purposes. Rob said that was the first and only, and was given to Atari when he resigned. There's no evidence it was functional, and it's likely that it was not since it's a printed design test board for mock ups. Point is, none of that results in quantity of functional, tested and cleared boards in a matter of a few weeks, let alone assembly and packaging. 

These poor misguided backers are continuing to teeter on the myth that Atari has made huge progress and has lots of working systems ready to go out the door that they have been keeping tightly under wraps. That's some kind of confirmation bias to distort reality that much to keep hope alive that they'll get their shipments as promised. You're much better off asking Santa to deliver your VCS for Xmas.

I know it only gets branded as haterade, but let's be logical for just one instant. You know, logic, i.e. the quality of being justifiable by reason.

They have shown you everything they are able to show and then some. They are putting every bit of evidence in the best possible light, and also embellishing as much as they think they can get away with. These are observable facts as sure as the Earth is round when you look at a lunar eclipse. The only reasonable conclusion is that they have no functional prototype to this very day, and nothing to ship for the foreseeable future. If they have a single working unit that can legitimately demonstrate anything other than errors, don't you think they would lead with that as soon as humanly possible? I mean come on people.       

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@Spriggy, see me after class, we need to talk about my friend Godwin

0EA8C9BD-F55D-4D5C-81FD-EFD52162864B.thumb.gif.76ec320809e6e0916a47bb38b0c74a5e.gif

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Beat me to it. I believe the first one to make a comparison to Hitler... immediately loses the argument.

And here I thought I was going to get schooled on comparing Fred with Oprah :ponder:.  Although, for comedy reasons (or failed Godwin Comedy in this case) things may have gotten lost in translation with a 'Smile Comparison' as opposed to an 'Idealogy Comparison', I'll happily take the Rap on the Knuckles, 3 Hail Maries, $20 to a Charity of my Choice ... then find the nearest corner to sit in ....... for 30 minutes :)

shame.gif.c505b49994bd052045b3e0d57310c0d4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I felt my solution to send everyone a flashback unit was a fair one.

Five flashbacks would be fair. Or an Arcade 1up machine. 

Or the the satisfaction of giving them a bunch of cash in exchange for nothing. Like wetting your pants in a dark suit, it gives a warm feeling but no one notices. 

They're still accepting contributions!

1782032541_ScreenShot2019-11-15at11_46_08AM.thumb.png.faa8fb9b4f794acbef7426d2adb57ca4.png

Hmm, they won't let me double their money from the website. Ah well. 

1216080499_ScreenShot2019-11-15at11_48_14AM.thumb.png.541eaa6c059240f014d90f6846126d62.png

• Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Five flashbacks would be fair. Or an Arcade 1up machine. 

Or the the satisfaction of giving them a bunch of cash in exchange for nothing. Like wetting your pants in a dark suit, it gives a warm feeling but no one notices. 

They're still accepting contributions!

1782032541_ScreenShot2019-11-15at11_46_08AM.thumb.png.faa8fb9b4f794acbef7426d2adb57ca4.png

Hmm, they won't let me double their money from the website. Ah well. 

1216080499_ScreenShot2019-11-15at11_48_14AM.thumb.png.541eaa6c059240f014d90f6846126d62.png

Lol, imagine if you accidentally clicked "Submit" and sent them $999,999. XDDD

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

Lol, imagine if you accidentally clicked "Submit" and sent them $999,999. XDDD

I imagine that Atari would suddenly show up with an "update" where they say that "something big just happened, stay tuned!" and Fred finally gets to click "Pay" on that open browser tab showing an all-expenses paid trip to Dubai he's been eyeing for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I feel that if Atari Chestnuts knows that imminent failure is upon him, he should cut short his effort to fail, instead take whatever cash he (allegedly) did not spend or embezzle on Hotel rooms across conventions, hookers & booze (allegedly) and have china build a very limited edition of (@games) Atari Flashback,wood trim case, gold plated Logo and ship it to backers with ahand written apology, make sure he really licks boot :P . At least backers will have something that might be of value to collectors later. Sort of like the GOLD NES NWC carts that sell for $10,000

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TACODON said:

I felt my solution to send everyone a flashback unit was a fair one.

Realistically, most of the die hards would declare victory and make all kinds of posts to rub our faces in it.  If anyone pointed out the obvious deception, they'd just be called an idiot.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Realistically, most of the die hards would declare victory and make all kinds of posts to rub our faces in it.  If anyone pointed out the obvious deception, they'd just be called an idiot.   

Very true. But hopefully it will be a Taco Edition FB X.

• Like 4

Anybody else catch this?  Somebody posted a picture of the back side of the AtariVCS board to the unofficial AtariVCS subreddit where you could see the memory slots, but then it was deleted.  Unfortunately I was busy and intended to download the image later, but it was deleted when I checked back.   It did legitimately look like the back of the AtariVCS board and I couldn't find the same image on their medium post or anywhere else.  Nothing was hooked up, it was just the board.

https://snew.notabug.io/r/AtariVCS/comments/dwumbi/backside_of_vcs_circuit_board/

237041222_Screenshot2019-11-1515_05_23.thumb.png.d0cc8623e0758c56a64ef574186c6b3f.png

• Like 3

I haven't seen my comments getting deleted for some reason. o 3 o  

I've been trying to keep my comments professional, because I sincerely want Atari to hear me out. Not that those of us who are more snorky are wrong. But yeah. Sorry, I'm tipsy.

All we really need to do is group together and show Atari that the fans are right! 
Show them that with great power, comes great responsibility. 

We have to be diplomatic and constructive in our approach, like everybody waz for the Sonic Movie. 

Think about this: The Sonic movie was made by Paramount Studios, which is statisctically speaking about 50,000,000,000 times larger than Atari is. I'm willing to bet that Atari has maybe 10-30 people. Just a roundabout guess honestly... xDDDD But fans grouped together and GOT!!! Paramount to listen to us to change the design of Sonic for the movie. And it WORKED!!!! HAH!!!

…... or maybe give me a pillow...

43 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

We have to be diplomatic and constructive in our approach, like everybody waz for the Sonic Movie. 

Think about this: The Sonic movie was made by Paramount Studios, which is statisctically speaking about 50,000,000,000 times larger than Atari is. I'm willing to bet that Atari has maybe 10-30 people. Just a roundabout guess honestly... xDDDD But fans grouped together and GOT!!! Paramount to listen to us to change the design of Sonic for the movie. And it WORKED!!!! HAH!!!

…... or maybe give me a pillow...

I think that was just a publicity stunt. 

• Like 6