IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

52 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

I haven't seen my comments getting deleted for some reason. o 3 o  

I've been trying to keep my comments professional, because I sincerely want Atari to hear me out. Not that those of us who are more snorky are wrong. But yeah. Sorry, I'm tipsy.

All we really need to do is group together and show Atari that the fans are right! 
Show them that with great power, comes great responsibility. 

We have to be diplomatic and constructive in our approach, like everybody waz for the Sonic Movie. 

Think about this: The Sonic movie was made by Paramount Studios, which is statisctically speaking about 50,000,000,000 times larger than Atari is. I'm willing to bet that Atari has maybe 10-30 people. Just a roundabout guess honestly... xDDDD But fans grouped together and GOT!!! Paramount to listen to us to change the design of Sonic for the movie. And it WORKED!!!! HAH!!!

…... or maybe give me a pillow...

Okay here it goes. They shouldn't have crowdfunded. Should have done a small teaser maybe and done it all behind the curtains with their OWN money.

Communication. Most people will be forgiving if you simply are honest with them. They have not been forthcoming nor honest with their communication. If they want to actually get more pre-orders they have to build some good faith. So that means I would encourage them to show what is or isn't working. Discuss where we really are along the prototype/production of this thing.

They need to eat some crow. Stop hiding, as it is making them look guilty. Or they are hiding because it is worse than we are thinking. Remember most of us think they should be able to build a basic PC...

So to recap.

Show footage. Even if just basic. Have an open discussion of the state of things even if it is a hard conversation. People will be more forgiving if you are honest and upfront.

They need to do something because their social media presence is abysmal and half or more of the people who do respond are tired of the show.

Their Twitter is a joke and that is for both Atari and Atari VCS.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Difference between Sonic movie and this is that

1) Paramount needs to sell tickets to get $$$ to cover movie budget

2) Atari already HAS the money & does not need to do sheet!

The only way to get Atari's attention is if people start using the name as a Pejorative.

ie: I'm rich, & I dont want to pay for this new iPhone so I'll go on the internet & Atari some cash
Translation
I'm a rich spoiled retch, so I'm going to go & E-beg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Okay here it goes. They shouldn't have crowdfunded. Should have done a small teaser maybe and done it all behind the curtains with their OWN money.

Communication. Most people will be forgiving if you simply are honest with them. They have not been forthcoming nor honest with their communication. If they want to actually get more pre-orders they have to build some good faith. So that means I would encourage them to show what is or isn't working. Discuss where we really are along the prototype/production of this thing.

They need to eat some crow. Stop hiding, as it is making them look guilty. Or they are hiding because it is worse than we are thinking. Remember most of us think they should be able to build a basic PC...

So to recap.

Show footage. Even if just basic. Have an open discussion of the state of things even if it is a hard conversation. People will be more forgiving if you are honest and upfront.

They need to do something because their social media presence is abysmal and half or more of the people who do respond are tired of the show.

Their Twitter is a joke and that is for both Atari and Atari VCS.

I would leave it at, "they shouldn't have crowdfunded." All they got out of that experience was the knowledge that under the best of conditions (which will never happen again), they could only get 12,000 people to definitively commit to buying their d!ck-in-a-box with an Atari logo on it. The $3M cash was gravy, and probably more of a liabilty than an asset since it came with the obligation to deliver something. 

They've tried to roll their "crowdfunding overnight success" into their portfolio, but compared to the people who actually make interactive art and entertainment, it's a sad, small amount of money and people. 

They took a swing, and they whiffed badly. Had they just quietly made a kickass mini PC and and announced it when it was ready, like a big-girl hardware company would do, maybe they would have sold some stuff and not blown out the diaper that is now their reputation. But that would mean their focus was on quality and delivery, not showmanship and the appearance of marketing. 

"Sell the sizzle, not the steak" only works if you actually have a steak to sell as well. ? ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

^^ MR Beefy is on point, Mr. Chuck-E-Cheese did not want to use his own money because he had 0 faith in his ability to see anything to fuition other than liscencing out old (insert AVGN description for bad games) games. Ineptitude is outstanding. He clearly had the means to invest but chose to E-beg for money because if it all goes to the dumpster, he will not incur any personal loss. Generally we call those people cowards but I do not name call. xD (Allegedly)

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4

And now, a message from the #1 unpaid water-carrier for the Chesnais/Arzt scampaign, Andy "Overly Attached Girlfriend" Blakely. Find someone who believes in you the way Andy believes in "Atari."

giphy.gif

556637589_Screenshot2019-11-16at7_19_10AM.thumb.png.5a24969270e5e6eecfae5cf754323531.png

And now a message from yours truly. 

Flojomojo  just now

I'd like to encourage people who gave money in expectation of actually getting something not to swallow empty promises from the zombie brand that calls itself Atari. Trust your own eyes, believe evidence, insist on proof, don't be a chump. The shuffling corpse wearing the skin of Atari hasn't moved past the prototype stage since they first took your money, and they certainly haven't done anything to earn your respect or trust. Believe "Atari" when you have their funny little retro-style PC in your own hands, not a moment before. 

2136632582_Screenshot2019-11-16at7_42_39AM.thumb.png.a22872aaa0d1895090635fab3da705d1.png

1884390542_Screenshot2019-11-16at7_54_27AM.thumb.png.1daab85a92dd89116ef31df3cc6900ac.png

post-39941-0-47473400-1555954254_thumb.thumb.jpg.cab9dee71a1c809844bde1cd41730b0e.jpg

Or you could just go with Andy's "lie back and think of Atari" approach, I guess. Here are some of Andy's greatest hits. Crunch all you want, we'll make more. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 7.19.10 AM.png

What a shameless and unscrupulous enabler. If they were leading people into the wood chipper, this assclown would man the switch. Only a completely mindless sap would see a track record of steady progress with all the promoted B.S. they've abandoned over the years. Asteroids outpost, Atari tablets, RC Tycoon investment scam, game band branding, just to name a few. What one thing have they actually completed?

Jokes-For-Thanksgiving.jpg

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

after ten days it ought to be friggin' Tolstoy.  lol

The great Russian writer has a lot of quotes that could be applied to this situation. 

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

And if the jokers with half an idea for an "un-console" had thought this through for ten minutes, they would have scuttled it and we wouldn't be here today. 

"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

You got your pigeons, your haters, your hater pigeons, your pigeon haters ...

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

and "Atari" thinks it has more of both than it actually does. 

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."

If we were to wash away all that is not truth from those Medium updates, there wouldn't be much left. 

"There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth."

In contrast, nothing about Atari VCS 2020 is simple, good, or true, to say nothing of greatness. Let's let Mike Arzt tell it. "But all the modern stuff, which will also appeal to them as well - they watch Netflix, listen to music, all that stuff - but then the other idea is all these things we're doing now, everyone under the age of 35, they think of Atari a different way. They will buy the faded T-shirt - the hipster dude down in Soho or whatever, right? - they think about Atari as this cool, old brand like so many other cool old brands, but they're the ones buying [retro-styled things like] Mini Coopers. So we're going to create something that's got things for them."

"If you want to be happy, be."

If you want to play Atari, don't bother with this. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And now, a message from the #1 unpaid water-carrier for the Chesnais/Arzt scampaign, Andy "Overly Attached Girlfriend" Blakely. Find someone who believes in you the way Andy believes in "Atari."

giphy.gif

556637589_Screenshot2019-11-16at7_19_10AM.thumb.png.5a24969270e5e6eecfae5cf754323531.png

I'd like to encourage the antsy believers here to stay calm and trust the Aliens.  Don't let your imagination go wild with assumptions.  The Aliens have a track record of making steady progress toward completion despite mostly acting deaf and mute. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

BgkvP-1542648855-1035-quizzes-to_serve_m

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Let me help "Atari" out with an update they can use;  Free of charge!

Hi folks,

Sorry it's been so long between updates.

China Finally called back, ..And it turns out They're really busy right now!

We'll see if we can't keep working on this...

Stay tuned for more announcements of updates in the future.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2