Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Wifey and I have been watching classic Bond.  

@25: "That's his pigeon waiting for him now.  Goldfinger has been taking him to the cleaners every day for a week."

 

 

 

We have, too, on Prime.  🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OverMuch said:

Regardless, I can't think of an Atari system that had any odd failure rate.  Same for 3DO, CD-i, Vectrex, et al.  

5200 controller is probably the main one but that's not the system itself. 

 

Jaguar CD, perhaps? That thing seems to be dead half the time. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Today marks day 10 of "no news is good news"!

 

1647786061_Screenshot_20191208-0757442.thumb.png.b3db138e043048b13bd25572fa88f886.png

Seriously, it's putting a damper on the goal of 1000 pages by the end of the year. We need to average 35 posts a day and "no news" doesn't get us there. Now if we move the goal posts (such a popular cliche) and say 1000 pages by the time the "VCS" is released then we're golden.

 

Edited by monzamess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does someone want to take one for the team and see what Destructoid is saying about our favorite boondoggle? I don't feel like slogging thru lots of Resident Evil talk to find out. 
https://www.destructoid.com/in-today-s-episode-of-pregame-discharge-the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-all-but-confirmed-and-the-atari-vcs-still-exists--574457.phtml

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Does someone want to take one for the team and see what Destructoid is saying about our favorite boondoggle? I don't feel like slogging thru lots of Resident Evil talk to find out. 
https://www.destructoid.com/in-today-s-episode-of-pregame-discharge-the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-all-but-confirmed-and-the-atari-vcs-still-exists--574457.phtml

I bit. 60 seconds of thought eerily similar to what's already in this thread. Still a nice win for Atari... if you believe "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monzamess said:

Seriously, it's putting a damper on the goal of 1000 pages by the end of the year. We need to average 35 posts a day and "no news" doesn't get us there. Now if we move the goal posts (such a popular cliche) and say 1000 pages by the time the "VCS" is released then we're golden.

 

Well, we can make predictions about their plans to be at CES.  Will they actually be at the show with a playable console and games?  Or will they be in the convention center of a hotel down the street with hourly rates, showing off another PC plugged into a monitor for "illustrative purposes?"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monzamess said:

Seriously, it's putting a damper on the goal of 1000 pages by the end of the year. We need to average 35 posts a day and "no news" doesn't get us there. Now if we move the goal posts (such a popular cliche) and say 1000 pages by the time the "VCS" is released then we're golden.

 

I guess if everyone who has posted to this thread eats a taco everyday and posts a picture, we will get there (maybe we need a "Post every time you eat a taco" thread too).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Today marks day 10 of "no news is good news"!

 

1647786061_Screenshot_20191208-0757442.thumb.png.b3db138e043048b13bd25572fa88f886.png

peloton_bike_meme-e1575345489630.thumb.png.87e406e9d37c7d727f6169ec0bd28a32.png

 

If someone has a nice skew tool and some rainy-day free time, please feel free to put Yars' Revenge, 2600 Asteroids, or any of the other priceless treasures owned by Atari SA on her screen. "No news is good news!" 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why do you think in the video they pimp this thing as gaming gaming gaming if it isn't a console?

 

The biggest fans at the supporter group are basically saying this isn't a console. Why didn't Atari call it the Atari PC?

 

Also the Atari 2600 was a Video Computer System. Xbox and PS4 could also be called VCS's. Only difference is they have games that are newer than 40 years...

Edited by MrBeefy
Shouldn't name call...I'm not a Werner after all.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update for the Polymega today.  They say they expect the console to be shipped to buyers by the end of February. It's nice to have someone give specific dates.  I'm really interested to see if the Polymega does what it is supposed to. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JasperAK said:

Intellivision do what Atari Don't :)

What are you talking about? The VCS has shown us lots of games. Unfortunately they are of the we have an update coming, and soon type of games.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Agillig said:

New update for the Polymega today.  They say they expect the console to be shipped to buyers by the end of February. It's nice to have someone give specific dates.  I'm really interested to see if the Polymega does what it is supposed to. 

No updates and specific hard dates is a bad thing. Don't believe me then ask Atari. Actual news about shipping mean this thing is doomed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What are you talking about? The VCS has shown us lots of games. Unfortunately they are of the we have an update coming, and soon type of games.

Just saw a video of their latest update. They finally have a working prototype they can show us.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Does someone want to take one for the team and see what Destructoid is saying about our favorite boondoggle? I don't feel like slogging thru lots of Resident Evil talk to find out. 
https://www.destructoid.com/in-today-s-episode-of-pregame-discharge-the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-all-but-confirmed-and-the-atari-vcs-still-exists--574457.phtml

I'm pretty sure Destructoid are about as relevant and quality as Atari SA. 

 

Which is to say they're not. 

 

They're almost worse than all the talking head videos because they keep generating controversies with political BS for clicks (though Polygon still has them beat on outrage farming). Your job is to talk about video games, not your ideological puritan world, you twats. 

 

Sorry, rant, but when these "mainstream" sites bring up something like the VCS, it always feels like a regurgitated footnote, reflecting the quality (or lack thereof) of their journalism. 

5 hours ago, cybercylon said:

I guess if everyone who has posted to this thread eats a taco everyday and posts a picture, we will get there (maybe we need a "Post every time you eat a taco" thread too).

Once I get to the new Taco Bell, I'll be sure to oblige. I'll probably have to wait to upload images until after I spend three hours in the bathroom though. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish they had hotter sauce than this. No I didn't have a taco but steak burrito. And no my mother's basement isn't a mexican restaurant. 

 

Be kind of cool if it was though.

 

20191208_121836.thumb.jpg.ff00d16f48b1337748394e47b0997a70.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So any update about if they are going to have an update this week?

Atari... Your silence will only incriminate you further.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, OCAT said:

So any update about if they are going to have an update this week?

Atari... Your silence will only incriminate you further.

Didn't you hear Brother Arzt? No news is good news! Up is down! Black is white! No games is sandbox! Ignorance is strength! Freedom is slavery! Weeks not months!


Prediction:

 


Next substantive update (meaning one where they actually move the IGG counter to "production") will be in months, not just weeks. That is to say, no less than 2 months (8 weeks) from 28 November 2019. 


If I'm wrong, Arzt is less of a liar/wishful thinker than I guessed. I don't think I'm wrong. 
[\spoiler]

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...