IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

What do they want us to say? That it'll be a year late?  That it'll be missing features like voice control, an SD card and that uber ribbed-design?  That the hardware itself may be buggy because it's new?  And even upgraded, it's still mediocre tech for which there are better options? Or that we still haven't seen it working?

Or do they want us to remind them the first crowdfunding was canceled because they just needed "on key element", which turned out to be everything?  Or that in 2017 they said it was "very real", but wasn't?  Or the videos heavily implying or outright stating a functional Ataribox/VCS was being used weeks before retroactively adding "For illustration purposes only"?  How'd that Tempest 4000 thing work out when the devs saw the video?

Should we point them to the excellent The Register articles exposing Michael Artz for being a naked emperor?  Or how Rob Wyatt was the Hero of the Realm until he left the kingdom and became shunned by all?

Or maybe they're secretly envious of our phat memeing skills?  Or subconsciously know @x=usr(1536) was right that tacos were a better use of money than this? How's that stock doing? 

Or maybe they just need acknowledgment, some tacos, and a  big hug?

gif.gif.7100010b8a67502f4dd399b3448437f1.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

"For illustration purposes only"

Lulz, more like

"For illusion purposes only"

So anyone know what is up with the Gameboard that Rob left for non-payment by the Atari masters?

I plan to make a game for it, called Atariopoly, your goal is to raise the most money for vaporware,
OOPS! you landed on the Kickstarter square, you go back to start because you need a prototype!
OOPS! you landed on Lawsuit square, all your money belong to us!

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, frankodragon said:

image.png.ce85a7f2ebbed0205bc543238e420e1e.png

Actually the "disease" is from looking at pictures and shelling out cash with no proof of it actually running.  And then there are the individuals that are posting, "ZOMG!  I'm going to put this on my shelf and let it catch dust!"  As for Werner, he should see a psychiatrist about his narcissistic personality disorder.

He wouldn't be able to admit there was a problem and probably wouldn't listen to any family. He would think they are the ones with the problem.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Double whammy on the digestive track...

Probably similar to the pains of getting the new VCS up and running.

Funny you should mention that; I started up my 7800 tonight for the first time in about 15 years.  It brought up a homebrew cartridge (Baby Pac-Man) with no issue while tuned to channel 3 on a modern display.

Granted, that was hardware designed by GCC - but it's still more an Atari machine than the Ataribollocks.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, carlsson said:

It all begun on September 12 with a video on Reddit of a supposed Atari VCS prototype that looked like a Pi in a Converse shoebox.

Fast forward to around 5:40 for evidence:

Hah!  Thanks so much, yes, I did miss that somehow. 

I also laughed when Joust was being started, that's just how MAME starts it.  What an amazing machine!

• Like 1

Over here, there probably are 10 times as many variants of pickled herring sold in the store than there are announced games for the Atari VCS. Well, OK. I know that if you multiply zero by any number, you still get zero but please imagine they got at least 1 game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Have been AFK for little bit, on holidays.  Hence, just caught up on 25+ taco pages.  So.  What did I miss out on and what glorious facts was I to learn?

@PlaysWithWolves is a stalker.

A few more tissues were used than normal.

Always answer your doorbell.

Talk again of goal posts moving around of their own free will.

@Flojomojo still hard at his taco reporting.

Pigeons discussing whether they like matte or gloss.

If you beat a dead horse, it won't feel it.

Feargal's name was brought up after a lengthy hiatus.

Us Aussie's flippantly throw around the 'C' word too much.

I learnt how to hold a soldering iron properly.

@Lodmot is confusing.

Mr Harris is sniffing the missing 92 VCS shells and still typing wacky IGG comments.

@MrBeefy likes very f#cking hot Chilli Sauce.

@Nathan Strum made a clever Freddy anagram.

@toiletunes is OCD about joystick placement.

More Amico banter.

... and STILL no video of a working Ashoebox.

And those clowns say this thread is just about Atacobox thrashing.  How wrong they are!

?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Have been AFK for little bit, on holidays.  Hence, just caught up on 25+ taco pages.  So.  What did I miss out on and what glorious facts was I to learn?

@PlaysWithWolves is a stalker.

A few more tissues were used than normal.

Always answer you doorbell.

Talk again of goal posts moving around of their own free will.

@Flojomojo still hard at his taco reporting.

Pigeons discussing whether they like matte or gloss.

If you beat a dead horse, it won't feel it.

Feargal's name was brought up after a lengthy hiatus.

Us Aussie's flippantly throw around the 'C' word too much.

I learnt how to hold a soldering iron properly.

@Lodmot is confusing.

Mr Harris is sniffing the missing 92 VCS shells and still typing wacky IGG comments.

@MrBeefy likes very f#cking hot Chilli Sauce.

@Nathan Strum made a clever Freddy anagram.

@toiletunes is OCD about joystick placement.

More Amico banter.

... and STILL no video of a working Ashoebox.

And those clowns say this thread is just about Atacobox thrashing.  How wrong they are!

?

Some like it hot!

I understand that they love the brand and are happy to promote the brand.  But can't he wait for the brand to actually produce something before proselytizing how awesome the brand's product is? 

Well I guess he's just in the planning stages, unlike a certain rabid "magazine" creator.

Speaking of that, does anyone even care that Montgomery Gabrys/AtariArtist/TheRealGEotUS put out another AA edition. Got to at least give him credit for sticking with it, I guess. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I understand that they love the brand and are happy to promote the brand.  But can't he wait for the brand to actually produce something before proselytizing how awesome the brand's product is? 

Well I guess he's just in the planning stages, unlike a certain rabid "magazine" creator.

Speaking of that, does anyone even care that Montgomery Gabrys/AtariArtist/TheRealGEotUS put out another AA edition?  Got to at least give him credit for sticking with it, I guess. ?

It's the same level of fanboyism that rears its head every few years to talk about Dreamcast 2.  Sega isn't even a competent third party company, how could they support their own console? 

Speaking of which, Dreamcast sold 9 million consoles worldwide and still tanked.   Not sure what kind of exclusives are coming to a system with a user base of 11,000.  Supporters will say that number will go up once the system comes out.   Even if that number triples to 33,000 that's still well under Ouya.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1