IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

4 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Speaking of under powered, the Pi4 kicks ass.

https://blog.adafruit.com/2019/12/16/battle-of-the-boards-jetson-nano-vs-raspberry-pi-4-raspberry_pi-nvidiaembedded-syonykblog/

browser_benchmarks.png

I think I may get one of those.

Don't tell Atari, they might have to "delay" things again. Then gamble on taco futures.

• Like 3

Serious question, does the Atari logo appeal to Hipsters?
I am not trying to pander or insult, serious question, or is all the trash that Atari puts out like T-shirts and Hats that have $2 Bluetooth chips in them appeal to old individuals like me suffering from Trigeminal Nostalgia?

If so I have ideas

-Atari branded Incadenscent flashlights
-Atari branded cookies
-Atari branded pens
-Atari branded watches that play LCD crappy versions of popular Atari games! (Ok this is a good one)
-Atari branded Branders to brand cattle with Atari logo
-Atari branded Atari videogame sys... oh wait
-Atari branded bumper stickers that say "Honk if you still play Atari!"
-Atari branded Waffle/Pancake maker, so you can eat Atari for breakfast
-Atari branded headphones so you can rock Atari beeps and Boops
-Atari branded USB drives
-Atari branded socks
-Atari branded cufflinks
-Atari branded posters in the style of "The Rise of Skywalker" might as well mooch off the end of SW! they mooched from Atari, Lightsabers look like PONG!
-Atari branded Brandy, (every idiot celebrity has a drink now)
-Atari branded Cologn/Perfume (every idiot celebrity has a scent now)
-Atari branded S3X toys, "Have you played with your Atari today?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Wow, that guy is strange.  Good thing I had 4 tacos last night.

Tonight I made baked chimichangas. Would be better if I didn't have a little one to feed. 

Consists of: Turkey, shredded cabbage, tomato sauce, chili, taco, and some blakck beans and corn. Rolled with sharp chedder. Fresh onions and bell peppers would be good too but I didn't have any.

Favorite ingredient missing is Chipotles. For around 6 rolled burritos/chimichangas I usually do no less that 2 peppers with some of that great smokey sauce. Unfortunately I just had to put them on as a topping.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I'm sure there are many silent normies that backed this because they didn't know any better but let's face it...virtually all of the vocal backers are on the whack job spectrum.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, frankodragon said:

There has been a recent update in the Atari vs Target case.  Target gets a Dismiss and Transfer after December 24, 2019.  

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/27754525/Atari_Interactive,_Inc_v_Target_Corporation

You'll have to pardon me for a moment while I channel my inner Beavis and/or Butt-Head, but I just noticed that the name of one of the judges in that case is "Ona Wang".

evmhp5J.png

Heh-heh heh-heh-heh.  Uhhh, huh-huh, huh-huh huh.

• Haha 6

On 12/15/2019 at 3:27 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

@Historian, who you may recall was involved with the Feargal-era Ataribox, said the ribbed design was innovative. I don't believe he said why. If memory serves he confirmed an article which mentioned the ribs raising to cool off, or something (I don't quite recall). 

The goal was to have it cooling enough through convective air flow, so as to not need a fan. It would have been expensive though, with a mold needed for each "rib" and didn't account for the adding of additional ram or other user upgrades. 

I can understand dumping the idea; it would make things cost more to make, lock the units in to factory specs and slow the production build time. Toss in the upgraded board and heat might have been a factor, regardless of design.

6 hours ago, keithbk said:

Okay, I cannot help myself here... excuse me while I...

[rant ON]

What the heck is up with the Atari Swordquest series? Who thought these games would be FUN? What were they thinking????

[rant OFF]

I appreciate you indulging me... every once in a while, it's like tourettes or something.

Here's the thing for me.When I played as a kid I only every got 2 clues. The thing that really bothered me was the comic was the opportunity to give hints as to what items needed to be in what rooms. The characters picked up and dropped items in the story, but it didn't match the items needed for the rooms to solve the game. It was just "drop random stuff in a random room" see if it works, rinse... repeat. And that to me is why the games were awful. 

No rhyme or reason, just luck or attrition. Which is boring.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, OCAT said:

Serious question, does the Atari logo appeal to Hipsters?
I am not trying to pander or insult, serious question, or is all the trash that Atari puts out like T-shirts and Hats that have $2 Bluetooth chips in them appeal to old individuals like me suffering from Trigeminal Nostalgia?

If so I have ideas

-Atari branded Incadenscent flashlights
-Atari branded cookies
-Atari branded pens
-Atari branded watches that play LCD crappy versions of popular Atari games! (Ok this is a good one)
-Atari branded Branders to brand cattle with Atari logo
-Atari branded Atari videogame sys... oh wait
-Atari branded bumper stickers that say "Honk if you still play Atari!"
-Atari branded Waffle/Pancake maker, so you can eat Atari for breakfast
-Atari branded headphones so you can rock Atari beeps and Boops
-Atari branded USB drives
-Atari branded socks
-Atari branded cufflinks
-Atari branded posters in the style of "The Rise of Skywalker" might as well mooch off the end of SW! they mooched from Atari, Lightsabers look like PONG!
-Atari branded Brandy, (every idiot celebrity has a drink now)
-Atari branded Cologn/Perfume (every idiot celebrity has a scent now)
-Atari branded S3X toys, "Have you played with your Atari today?"

INT01_E3_Console_Wood.png?format=1000w

Intellivision is making the Waffle maker. Saturday morning waffles and video games for the win.

Edited by JasperAK
Bolded so the old people can get the joke.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Historian said:

The goal was to have it cooling enough through convective air flow, so as to not need a fan. It would have been expensive though, with a mold needed for each "rib" and didn't account for the adding of additional ram or other user upgrades. 

Nice and cool, without a fan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Speaking of under powered, the Pi4 kicks ass.

https://blog.adafruit.com/2019/12/16/battle-of-the-boards-jetson-nano-vs-raspberry-pi-4-raspberry_pi-nvidiaembedded-syonykblog/

browser_benchmarks.png

I think I may get one of those.

Ehhh...  While I'm not disputing their results, tossing the Jetson Nano into the mix isn't really a fair comparison.  There's no equivalent to its ability to offload processing onto its Cuda cores on any of the other SBCs tested, so all that's really being run through the grinder is its Cortex CPU.  If someone's buying a Jetson Nano solely for its ARM capabilities, they're an idiot and are missing the point of that SBC.  I'll give it credit, though, for coming in closer to a stock Pi4 than a 3B+.

Having said that, I'm pretty impressed with the Pi4 numbers at 2GHz.  That's making me reconsider my 'I don't need to replace all these 3Bs and 3B+es' stance.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

Nice and cool, without a fan? 

With a 35 watt part too!

Sure, you can passive cool anything with a big enough heat sink but there's not exactly room for one of those in a slimline case that would only give a few millimetres of headroom.

Given that the redesign has a 12-25 watt chip, heat pipes, a fan, and must be nearly twice the height inside the case, I'm guessing that it was a learning experience for someone at least.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Historian said:

it would not have been expensive, plastic moulds are massive, and they have to fit a machine, so injecting 1 rib or 16 would have cost the same (I mean the smallest machines I have seen in production were almost the size of my kia rio, the largest I have seen were taller than my 2 story house) . The issue is that the part would have had to convectively cool 30 something watts worth of power, which is enough to give you a medically attentive burn, with tiny dumbshit 5mm slits to hold the board

NOT to mention even at ~3 years ago china labor it would have costed more than a iphone to assemble + there was no way to hold a PCB in the horizontal fashion with filthy humons plugging cables in, (which those critters can exert tons of sheer force) and it was just a asinine idea in the first place, that a year 2 ME intern could detect on first glance. 

it was a retarded idea from all angles of fail

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Jessie's been spamming up IGG lately.

image.thumb.png.e7fbc98d143f9e5d5afe909eaf5327fe.pngimage.png.6e684e65a0c991068bbe581bda40e11d.png 

jessiespam.jpg.abe1aa3ae62e7344c9f27579d8c4d9e6.jpg

10 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

..and on that note.  Was told today of a supermarket, right near work, that presses fresh tortillas daily.  A work mate dropped in for me and grabbed 2 stacks and some enchilada sauce I've never seen before.  Will be making enchilada soft chicken tacos with chunky quacamole, pickled red onion and cilantro  ..... just because!  #tacodigression

20191217_163244.thumb.jpg.489aa16816bc9080ff7a567718078b3f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2