IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

4 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

Speakershoes? With rumblepack/massage function?

They work with Adventure remake too. You can convert your steps into distance walked to hatch Dragon eggs. Much like in Pokemon Go. 

If you hatch the mythical duck he can join your party.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Ground venison or are you chopping up a roast or tenderloin? And did you kill it yourself?

Ground venison, and yes. 

19 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

I'm interested, when should I come over?

Standby, it might become chili instead.  I'll have to thaw out a few more pounds for tacos.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, racerx said:

He's been thinking these things for the past two and a half years, despite Atari ignoring and disappointing him over the same period of time.

It's a broken record of "big partner" and "real news" anticipation, over and over. There's a difference between being positive and completely disregarding reality.

Which is why I think it's a good thing this system is finally going to be released soon (allegedly).  It will help the backers to move on.  

And on that note, in the spirit of Christmas, I'm declaring a moratorium on bashing this system, the company making it, and the supporters.   From 0000 hours on Christmas Eve until 2359 hours Christmas Day, EST, if I don't have anything nice to say about Atari VCS, I won't say anything at all.   Although if Atari does release another holiday press release like they did on Thanksgiving, this is going to be a difficult promise to keep. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Bow, gun, or musket season?

Gun.  Went out once with a crossbow, had some good opportunities, but wasn't able to make anything of it.  I don't have a muzzleloader, although it's definitely something I'm considering for the future.   My gun safe is full, so there's that issue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Gun.  Went out once with a crossbow, had some good opportunities, but wasn't able to make anything of it.  I don't have a muzzleloader, although it's definitely something I'm considering for the future.   My gun safe is full, so there's that issue.

Well at least with a musket if you don't leave gun powder lying around you probably don't need it in a safe. :D

Thats cool. Havem't hunted since high school. Some deer chili or fried deer tenderloins are sounding good right now.

• Like 4

My god they are an endless resource of lulz: 

Just received this latest blog to my INBOX https://mailchi.mp/atari/atari-vcs-here-come-the-games-36609?e=d39baf12da

The most hilarious part the cover image appealing to that warm and fuzzy NOSTALGIA ! ??I mean, IF THAT WONT KEEP THE BACKERS SATISFIED I 

DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL! 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.0243989810941da7b3961e5aa26e21ef.jpg

To our loyal backers, fans, friends, and followers:

Wow! 2019 has been an amazing ride for Atari, and the enthusiasm and energy around the Atari VCS heading into 2020 is incredible.

Our team is on the verge of launching Atari’s first new home system in decades. It’s been a labor of love for us and our many amazing partners. The passion that so many talented people have for this project and the idea of “bringing Atari back” is beyond anything we could have imagined.

Atari is a brand that has transcended gaming to become a pop-culture icon that people associate with memories of family, friends, and fun; of simpler days of couch-side competition and wonder. Whether you grew up defending your bases from incoming missiles or alien attacks, blasting at slippery segmented arthropods, exploring a mysterious castle, or blasting the ball past your opponent’s lunging paddle, the Atari brand is alive inside all of us, and our team is working hard to make sure it remains active and vital for a long time to come.

Today’s Atari is evolving and adapting. The company and brand have experienced exciting growth over the past five years—we’ve resolved debt, launched new games, streamlined brand merchandising, entered new frontiers like blockchain, and are bringing back Atari hardware! We live and breathe the Atari brand and are deeply committed to the new Atari VCS system. There are people working at Atari who have been with the company for 20+ years, through all of the ups and downs, and many others here who grew up as deeply-engaged fans. More than corporate ownership or location—the Atari brand stays alive because people love it and drive it. That has never gone away, we are still Atari, and Atari is you. And we thank you for that.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season from the entire Atari team! Here’s to an amazing 2020 filled with new hardware, new games, and memorable new shared experiences!

— The Atari VCS Team
AtariVCS.com

? OF COURSE WHILE YOU ARE WAITING THEY ARE HAPPY TO TRY AND PUSH OTHER "ATARI" merch as well ! 

P.S. Still looking for that perfect gift for the Atari fan(s) on your list while they wait for their new VCS? Even if that’s you? Check out our “Official Top 5 Atari Holiday Gift Ideas” and where to find them:

1. Arcade 1Up Atari Star Wars Home Arcade

2. Atari Speakerhats

3. Atari Tempest Replicade Mini-Arcade Machine

4. Art of Atari by Tim Lapetino (Book)

5. Atari Apparel by Trevco, Ripple Junction, Difuzed and Freeze (Available at multiple retailers and online)

6595e87647b09afe7f2155592d51a9c6500fb75ecfde006e9d2a334782dd6161.jpg.5d86aefeccbf74772be5993091f898ad.jpg

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@The Historian summed up Atari's block chain interest nicely.  It almost sounds like yet another a way to get people to pay for the same content for the umpteenth time.  

I think they've hinted at it being on the AtariVCS but I can't imagine it being exclusive. When they speak of it, it's almost in the realm of South Park's Sword of a thousand Truths; a unique in-game item whose sole ownership could be completely transferred to another player.

Sounds cool, but like Historian said Second Life figured that out long ago.

Happy holidays, everyone.  

• Like 8

So Fred admits to it being a game console that just happens to be a PC as well. This is going to flop so hard its not funny. I feel sorry for those duped by Atari's shenanigans.

Funny to how Fred didn't want to show Woz the 'working' console. Way to show recycled IGG footage instead of it playing a game.

Way to show nothing but a nice shiny box and a nice controller that will only work with the most basic games that you have yet to show working on your console which happens to be a PC.

Good job Fred. Oh and SPEAKERHAT!!! 

The supporters will shit a brick when they hear Fred in desperation pulling shit from his ass when he says a special edition Breakout.

I think Fred is secretly working with Tommy as he's doing a better job convincing me to buy Amico than a VCS. Which does have a special breakout game on it.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 8

Of course, "Atari" would never mention their trademark lawsuits in their blogs.  

"Today’s Atari is evolving and adapting. The company and brand have experienced exciting growth over the past five years—we’ve resolved debt, launched new games, streamlined brand merchandising, entered new frontiers like blockchain, and are suing apparel companies! 

"In 2020, we're going to open up our own attorney branch because we love to sue firms and individuals!   Our goal is to sue sue sue!  We hope to find more victims and get them where it really hurts:  Their wallets."

Now I'll conclude this post with a cute animated dumpster fire.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Max Ivi said:

I think we just see the tip of the iceberg

I expect at least the delivery of the VCS for the backers (probably January)

following the first delivery, people will be able to give a real opinion on VCS

I think CES 2020 will be the first real craze ( during the pre-sale walmart january at march 2020 )

CES is perfect place to reveal the VCS and make Hype

I'm not desperate, but just very disappointed with the communication and all the delays

We will see ...

and I see dead people eating tacos.

p.s. Do have a happy holiday.

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

We're not anti-fact.  If we were, that and $199+ would make us Ataribox-supporters.

Really, they're pretty loose with facts whereas we deal in them.  That doesn't always mean we're right, but I think we put in due diligence. 

As for who this is, I don't know.  We had two or three trolls pop up and each time we "hated" them with the actual facts.

First off I'd like to say that I agree with Everything Flojomojo has ever said!  In this forum I mean...And then probably about 99% of what Spriggy says...And then there's JBerel, frankodragon, Jaybird3rd, Mr. Beefy, and damn!  The list of Awesome people here just goes on and on!  But I think PlaysWithWolves gets my Quote of the Year if I had to choose...Pick up a biffy and a taco on your way out man!   Just my opinion of course, ...So that and 2$ will get ya a cup of coffee.

I think the atari VCAss backers would probably like us real Atari fans (I'll just call it PONG-JAGUAR Atari if that's OK,...I mean we gave nutari a chance and IMO they blew it as soon they lawyered up against an AtariAger writing a book about the history of real Atari...Something they would not know anything about)... If they would just  have a look around the rest of AtariAge and not just this one forum;  I think they'd see that, give or take some opinions and spirited debate, we are basically of the same ilk...Keep'em out of the Jaguar forums, though!  They might consider us Haters, Trolls, and Complete A-Holes, but I'd hate to see their opinions of us lowered.

If you look back to the start of this forum even,  you can see that many of us were enthusiastic about a new console from the new Atari...We were thinking it would be a console, followed by games and launch titles,... and specs and something to be found on retail shelves.   We were not expecting an unconsole followed by lawsuits, followed by crowdfunding, followed by lies, followed by not paying their employees, followed by the worst name they could have ever come up with, followed by self imposed (lack of) talking points, followed by de Facto "For Illustration purposes Only", followed by Ill Communication, followed by rampant fanboyism from their supporters...

When it comes to the De-Evolution of the console process,  AKA putting the cart before the horse, making a shell before the rest of it, The Coleco Chameleon Directive ...Well it's like my Great Great Grand Uncle once said, "Boy Ya can't make a taco with a dog turd you find by the side of the road,...I learned that the hard way"...It's OK,  He meant hard in the sexual way (nyuck)...

The point is who makes a shell before knowing what goes inside and before there's games??

Back to the car analogy,  when I was in high school, based on looks alone  I used to want a Bradley GT.  These things ever looked the part of a Sports Car,  I mean they looked like they were going 100 MPH when they were parked.

1969-bradley-gt-ii-kit-car.JPG

But then, I found out they were based on a VW drivetrain...With all the performance of a fast moving cow...  And with a car, your choice of looks might be 50% of your decision, with MPG, performance, reliability, marque loyalty, etc. accounting for the rest.  (Everybody will have different criteria, numbers etc.)..But for a console?  Personally, I'd say at least 90% of it should depend on games...Not the look of the console shell.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

^ This is what gets me angry, the fact that I share space with people that can get easily bamboozled by a single LED taped across a 3V watch cell.
Ooooooh it glows, all hail Atari!
I mean people who run scams like this I can stomach, but getting all excited without any serious deliberations make me wanna barf.
Prof. Farnsworth put it best "The evil I could tolerate, but the stupidity... [He shudders.]"
If someone comes up to me and asks for my money, I make them jump hoops, they want MY money, I have what they do not have, I have the upper ground.
You should say to Atari "Lookie here B****, when you get something that I can actually play and demo, I might consider backing you, with %100 I get my money back if you fail, and I get %110 back if you are successfull."

In the Coleco Scam video (the one that Atariage found to be a video capture card) Pat the Nes Punk is wearing a GOLD Atari T-shirt, I feel like going to the mall and getting that T-shirt Kiosk to print up a Coleco Chameleon Shirt, and I ship it to him with a note, telling him to hold on to it until he makes a video about the VCS debacle. This will be some Forshadowing Hindsight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4qn52MHI8

Oh and for a bonus, I got one of those RFID sleeves for free, it was for ELDERLY FRAUD PREVENTION ( My Old man got a few of them along with some goodies)
It says on the sleeve
========================
BEFORE GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY...
Take your time.
Ask questions.
Get information.
Say no it you have to!
=========================
These seems to be good advice for ANYONE, especially if some skeezy lookin' man ask for money to start a new videogame console for a company that went down the toilet many decades ago.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, OCAT said:

In the Coleco Scam video (the one that Atariage found to be a video capture card) Pat the Nes Punk is wearing a GOLD Atari T-shirt, I feel like going to the mall and getting that T-shirt Kiosk to print up a Coleco Chameleon Shirt, and I ship it to him with a note, telling him to hold on to it until he makes a video about the VCS debacle. This will be some Foreshadowing Hindsight.

Foreshadowing Hindsight!   I like it!...Like a History of a Time To Come...I like it...Now,...Do Dark Horses dream of Night Mares?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

First off I'd like to say that I agree with Everything Flojomojo has ever said!  In this forum I mean...And then probably about 99% of what Spriggy says...And then there's JBerel, frankodragon, Jaybird3rd, Mr. Beefy, and damn!  The list of Awesome people here just goes on and on!  But I think PlaysWithWolves gets my Quote of the Year if I had to choose...Pick up a biffy and a taco on your way out man!   Just my opinion of course, ...So that and 2$ will get ya a cup of coffee.

I think the atari VCAss backers would probably like us real Atari fans (I'll just call it PONG-JAGUAR Atari if that's OK,...I mean we gave nutari a chance and IMO they blew it as soon they lawyered up against an AtariAger writing a book about the history of real Atari...Something they would not know anything about)... If they would just  have a look around the rest of AtariAge and not just this one forum;  I think they'd see that, give or take some opinions and spirited debate, we are basically of the same ilk...Keep'em out of the Jaguar forums, though!  They might consider us Haters, Trolls, and Complete A-Holes, but I'd hate to see their opinions of us lowered.

If you look back to the start of this forum even,  you can see that many of us were enthusiastic about a new console from the new Atari...We were thinking it would be a console, followed by games and launch titles,... and specs and something to be found on retail shelves.   We were not expecting an unconsole followed by lawsuits, followed by crowdfunding, followed by lies, followed by not paying their employees, followed by the worst name they could have ever come up with, followed by self imposed (lack of) talking points, followed by de Facto "For Illustration purposes Only", followed by Ill Communication, followed by rampant fanboyism from their supporters...

When it comes to the De-Evolution of the console process,  AKA putting the cart before the horse, making a shell before the rest of it, The Coleco Chameleon Directive ...Well it's like my Great Great Grand Uncle once said, "Boy Ya can't make a taco with a dog turd you find by the side of the road,...I learned that the hard way"...It's OK,  He meant hard in the sexual way (nyuck)...

The point is who makes a shell before knowing what goes inside and before there's games??

Back to the car analogy,  when I was in high school, based on looks alone  I used to want a Bradley GT.  These things ever looked the part of a Sports Car,  I mean they looked like they were going 100 MPH when they were parked.

1969-bradley-gt-ii-kit-car.JPG

But then, I found out they were based on a VW drivetrain...With all the performance of a fast moving cow...  And with a car, your choice of looks might be 50% of your decision, with MPG, performance, reliability, marque loyalty, etc. accounting for the rest.  (Everybody will have different criteria, numbers etc.)..But for a console?  Personally, I'd say at least 90% of it should depend on games...Not the look of the console shell.

I was one of the early hopefuls.

I also was never one to bicker about which version is the real Atari. They really messed it up and slowly I started to see this version of them as just freaking clueless.

• Like 3