IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 minutes ago, TACODON said:

Do we celebrate now or do we wait for visible 1000 pages? ???

Why wait when we can quickly catch up with a few pictures about tacos?

Well, since 2019 is ending, my favorite memory about VCS so far is when they asked on Twitter about our top scores in Pong.

And the funniest part is that it's still there:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Also, in that short Christmas message they use the word "brand" six times.

They know their name and logo are their best assets.

I think they're supposed to be a little more subtle about the fact they're preying on people's nostalgia. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Local irish bar here refuses to serve those. Me and a friend almost tried to order a Betty White. If they asked what that was we were going to give the car bomb recipe and say its what we imagine she would taste like.

We didn't go through with it though. ?

Don't ever. EVER. Order a Black and Tan. Half-and-half is the correct answer.

5 minutes ago, JasperAK said:

Don't ever. EVER. Order a Black and Tan. Half-and-half is the correct answer.

Haha!

But those are 2 different drinks...If memory serves, Half and Half, is half Guinness, half Harp lager (Both Irish) with Guinness poured last over the spoon so it gradates dark to light before your first sip.  A Black and Tan is half Guinness and half Bass Pale Ale poured the same way.

• Like 4

Bartender I know used to make something that was half Guiness and half Woodchuck Hard Cider.  No idea what he called it.  I never had it.

I have had Irish Car Bombs, though...  and many other drinks I don't remember the name of, but were bought for me by someone with more money than sobriety.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

You know I loves me some SHOT/CHASERS.  You probably also know that a boilermaker is a shot-chaser combo.  The internet tells me it can be drank separately, but the way I know of it is that the shot gets dropped into the beer before consuming:

23-boiler-maker-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@PlaysWithWolves My people call that a "car bomb." Not the most politically correct name, but seems to me to be an accurate description for most of these "retro but not" products talking a big game lately. 

Irish_Car_Bomb.jpg

Thanks a lot you bastards!   I only just started work 45 mins ago and you've got the good old countdown started in my head until I can get home and have me some of these.  Only 9 hours and 13 minutes to go. ? ........ make that 12 minutes.

5 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Over in the Indiegogo comments, in a roundabout way @Lodmot dared suggest the Christmas update was not an update:  

image.thumb.png.4265972e49d1d8d727b1cdf519b6ed30.png

The usual suspects attacked him, but Jessie Scroggins did so in such spectacular fashion it deserves its own "boilermaker" heading.  He attacks Tommy then the very next message basically paraphrases the very thing Tommy had written.  The bottom post below is the older of the two.

BOILERMAKER:

459178494_IGG_Scorgginsboilermaker.thumb.jpg.a9c825d8e76ce6d010dd85a536923bef.jpg

Tommy points this out to him later.  Bravo, @Lodmot

1384304576_2heads.thumb.jpg.f7c9564a597a740807a3b56d61d7a6b6.jpg

Talking about countdowns ... I think Brandon's countdown seems awfully close to almost certain cranial implosion.

wtf.thumb.JPG.12dd5d88db80e28735e1c7ff2e9d66bc.JPG

rainman.thumb.jpg.fa5fa511ab3d936c661ccc3843afcb2d.jpg

... make that 9 hours 5 minutes.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

With this post, this thread has officially reached 1000 pages (although most of you won't catch up for another two pages or so).

Your post was in 997. Removed posts are no longer a part of the thread and therefore shouldn't count.  ?

Anyways we will reach 1000 before the darn thing comes out anyways. I'm always good for a celebration either way.

20191226_182622.thumb.jpg.ef331f325b1ab5a5779be42d4e267a5a.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Haha!

But those are 2 different drinks...If memory serves, Half and Half, is half Guinness, half Harp lager (Both Irish) with Guinness poured last over the spoon so it gradates dark to light before your first sip.  A Black and Tan is half Guinness and half Bass Pale Ale poured the same way.

Interesting. Learned about the Black and Tan thing from a coworker who called Bushmill's (I think) Protestant Piss Water, so I've always asked for a Half-and-Half and then they usually ask if I want Bass or Harp. One time the server offered Smithwicks. The Black and Tan references something with the English military and that's still a testy subject in some quarters.

• Like 3

I have to go get one of those $1 wine coolers (o.5%) from the grocery store for new years eve :)
I guess you can say I am not a heavy drinker. People made fun of me so I switched to Smirnoff Ice, then they told me that was a chick's drink :(
I gave up since then and just consumed those sparkling "Champaggins" from my Dollar store, those are de-alcoholized ciders, but the bottle is really nice, you could fool anyone at first glance.
I hope im not a Dandy :( I guess it is better than being a Dendy.
Oh yea I have to get some $1 Michelena Taco Bites, because I was told not to drink on an empty stomach xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OCAT said:

I have to go get one of those $1 wine coolers (o.5%) from the grocery store for new years eve :)
I guess you can say I am not a heavy drinker. People made fun of me so I switched to Smirnoff Ice, then they told me that was a chick's drink :(
I gave up since then and just consumed those sparkling "Champaggins" from my Dollar store, those are de-alcoholized ciders, but the bottle is really nice, you could fool anyone at first glance.
Oh yea I have to get some $1 Michelena Taco Bites, because I was told not to drink on an empty stomach xD

Get some Aldi's cheap wine. I recommend the Siraz. For $2.89 its hard to beat. If you like vodka type drinks just mix some Vodka with ginger beer. If you put some lime in it you habe a moscow mule.

14 minutes ago, OCAT said:

You're hilarious!

I'd say just drink whatever makes ya happy!   Never worry about what anyone else thinks.

I'm drinking a Hamm's tall boy as I write this (Y U M ! .. I Don't care what people think...Yum!!)...I'm not at work...Mainly because I drove to work today only to find we were closed ...With a sign on the door that said, "We are closed today due to lack of employees.  No Shit, 5 people called in today!"

I checked my phone and sure enough,  if I'd turned it on before heading to work,  I would have seen the text telling me we were going to be closed..haha...

(weird day)

PS   If you like sweet drinks as opposed to beer etc.,  and you're ever in a bar with a lady...Order her, and yourself a FOXY LADY.  They're tasty as hell and you can tell her the drink was named after her.  (Lot of fun for me associated with this drink)

Edited by GoldLeader
Sometimes I edit. Other times I get it right the first time.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm drinking a Hamm's tall boy as I write this (Y U M ! .. I Don't care what people think...Yum!!)

I love Hamm's. It's my go-to cheap beer.

32 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm not at work...Mainly because I drove to work today only to find we were closed ...With a sign on the door that said, "We are closed today due to lack of employees.  No Shit, 5 people called in today!"

Sounds like here the last time it snowed. Seriously, this city completely shuts down whenever there's more than a dusting of snow on the ground. I'm always torn between not wanting to be the wimp who doesn't go to work because there's an inch of snow on the ground and not wanting to be the idiot sitting alone in an empty office because no one else came to work.

So, anyway, I haven't checked in on this thread for a while. Did the VCS ship? Do we all look like idiots for saying all those nasty things about Atari?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eltigro said:

Bartender I know used to make something that was half Guiness and half Woodchuck Hard Cider.  No idea what he called it.  I never had it.

I have had Irish Car Bombs, though...  and many other drinks I don't remember the name of, but were bought for me by someone with more money than sobriety.

In the 90's, the local Perth British Pub "The Moon and Six Pence" use to make a drink called a "Snake Bite".  From memory it was half Tennents Extra Lager / half StrongBow Original Cider.   They then drew an "S" on the froth with Grenadine.  #tacodigression

• Like 1

On Xmas day as the driver for the Mrs and newborn while having to do the double family run i was drinking Heineken 0.0. They are not bad for an non alcoholic beverage, however you can still notice something is missing. Was a warm day here, so once heading home all i wanted was a real beer however nothing was open by that time ?

00.jpg.b52f2134e1182d0fe4045bbbf07ba949.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm drinking a Hamm's tall boy as I write this (Y U M ! .. I Don't care what people think...Yum!!)...I'm not at work...Mainly because I drove to work today only to find we were closed ...With a sign on the door that said, "We are closed today due to lack of employees.  No Shit, 5 people called in today!"

The only thing that comes to mind about Hamm's beer is the commercial with a bum and a bear riding shotgun.  And, WTF, the bum doesn't drink the beer!  Instead, he drops his pull tab into his beer can

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

So, anyway, I haven't checked in on this thread for a while. Did the VCS ship? Do we all look like idiots for saying all those nasty things about Atari?

Well we may look like idiots but it also hasn't shipped yet. So when do we start the 'weeks' countdown? January 1st?

If I give them the benefit of a doubt I give them 7 weeks to ship. It is longer than they led on but just short enough to not make month plural.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 6

I was under the impression they (new Atari) were talking about shipping in March.  Which is interesting considering they said "Weeks not months", but it seems they like to dwell in vagueness...As I only remember them saying the backers would get theirs before the public.  I may have missed it, but I don't recall a date for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TACODON said:

@MrBeefy wouldn't it be a count-up to when they release? They won't say when so how can we count down to it?

Also unless they really want to start a riot. They better get them to backers before March. Unless they move the general release date also. Which I bet happens anyways.

I'm thinking like....

1 week since there has been a VCS shipped. Staring January 1st. 

I'm actually going to guess 8 weeks and shipping staring on the 26th of February. Not quite 'months' but pushing it.

Guess I could be harder on them. I am still waiting on the end of summer games announcement.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

The only thing that comes to mind about Hamm's beer is the commercial with a bum and a bear riding shotgun.  And, WTF, the bum doesn't drink the beer!  Instead, he drops his pull tab into his beer can

They weren't allowed to drink alcohol in commercials then. And the pull tab in the can was a "thing" people did until they got rid of pull tabs, because idiots would inevitably choke on them.

• Like 3