IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

6 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I was under the impression they (new Atari) were talking about shipping in March.  Which is interesting considering they said "Weeks not months", but it seems they like to dwell in vagueness...As I only remember them saying the backers would get theirs before the public.  I may have missed it, but I don't recall a date for that.

Backers suppose to get in December but it has delayed. But they are talking weeks not months. So if they ship in February it will only be a month and some weeks which still allows their vagueness to be true.

If I didn't know better I would guess that means January, but I know better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

The only thing that comes to mind about Hamm's beer is the commercial with a bum and a bear riding shotgun.  And, WTF, the bum doesn't drink the beer!  Instead, he drops his pull tab into his beer can

Hell, These days they probably wouldn't even air a commercial like that....They don't want'em marketing beer to bears!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Good luck finding someone around here willing to take that bet.

I would maybe take that. Instead send out the non-working devices and cut and run. Made their best efforts to fill backer orders. Get away clean and free.

I wish I could keep up with all of you and be here when we reach 1000 pages that us mere mortals can see.

It would be my luck to make that post to put it over, but Albert decides to flip a switch so each page contains 50 posts.

Continue you on with the holiday season and may the taco be with you....

• Like 6

Even if Atari sent out Non-working (or not finished) consoles, they will still be infamously collectable. This way Everyone wins, the backers will have the last Atari console ever made and it will be worth more than they paid for on E-bay, especially sealed and the people calling out Atari on this alleged scam will have closure. All parties win Everyone goes home happy pappy, especially me because I will have plenty of youtube videos to watch covering the scam. I am especially looking forward to Stop Drop & Retro and #CUPodcast coverage, and I expect plenty of callbacks to the Retro VGS. Question is will we see a third alleged scammer rise up in 2020? What is there left to exploit?

One thing I would love to have from the old arcade days is one of those After Burner roller coaster cabinets and especially the Sega 360 cabinet, those cost $1 back in the day for a play and that was major coin for a kid.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Even if Atari sent out Non-working (or not finished) consoles, they will still be infamously collectable. This way Everyone wins, the backers will have the last Atari console ever made and it will be worth more than they paid for on E-bay, especially sealed and the people calling out Atari on this alleged scam will have closure. All parties win Everyone goes home happy pappy, especially me because I will have plenty of youtube videos to watch covering the scam. I am especially looking forward to Stop Drop & Retro and #CUPodcast coverage, and I expect plenty of callbacks to the Retro VGS. Question is will we see a third alleged scammer rise up in 2020? What is there left to exploit?

One thing I would love to have from the old arcade days is one of those After Burner roller coaster cabinets and especially the Sega 360 cabinet, those cost $1 back in the day for a play and that was major coin for a kid.

I don't think they will be that collectible. Its a very basic PC. No carts or anything like that and no nostalgia. They would be more sought after in my opinion to repurpose the case.

And it isn't the last Atari console that's the Jag. This is an unconsole or PC. Depending on who Fred and Co talk to.

• Like 6

Just now, TACODON said:

I'm hoping to flip mine on Ebay but I do wonder how flooded Ebay will get with others trying to dump them un-consoles also?

Probably will depend on early reviews and such. You will have that special certificate say its super special.

You know what is the possibility that the retail ones will actually be rarer than the IGG exclusives? I doubt they've doubled their units with the preorders.

There's an irony in that the bigger the VCS bombs, the greater chance of secondary market prices going up, though likely never above the $300 [$250?, I forget] entry price. The only way I can foresee a >$300 price tag is if the full ~10,000 units don't ship. BTW, has it been confirmed that there were 10,000 preordered though the Indiegogo campaign, factoring in how much of that $3mil is joysticks, gamepads and possible bogus boosting by Nutari?

Edited by lingyi
  • Like 1

Dear Atari fans: this could be worse.. at least you have a release date in only some months, even if the final product will probably be a total disaster.

When you want to feel better, just remember how SpaceVenture backers feel after 7 years of delay and 6 months without updates (which is a shame, because the people involved in the project are the original Space Quest designers, which created really good games and seem nice guys).

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

With this post, this thread has officially reached 1000 pages (although most of you won't catch up for another two pages or so).

Fake news. This was posted to the public page number 997. Hidden posts for the very few don't count to towards the greatness of this thread. But hey, we are on page 999 now and should hit 1k before the day is out.

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Fake news. This was posted to the public page number 997. Hidden posts for the very few don't count to towards the greatness of this thread. But hey, we are on page 999 now and should hit 1k before the day is out.

Perhaps we could start a post-humous Atari-themed version of the 12 Days Of Christmas to get it over the hump?

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...A cartridge from Atariiiii (but not a VCS)

Eh...maybe not so much. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bonehead said:

Perhaps we could start a post-humous Atari-themed version of the 12 Days Of Christmas to get it over the hump?

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...A cartridge from Atariiiii (but not a VCS)

Eh...maybe not so much. 

It should make it organically without issue. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TACODON said:

Isn't that going to be awkward when the Werner Bros get sued by Atari for making unlicensed shirts. Because good luck ever getting approved on that. 

I can't wait to see what some of the entries are though.

Oh, Atari would absolutely sue them.  Either that, or make them pay a 35 thousand dollar licensing fee.  If I had a small company and was trying to get a new product to market, I'd be thrilled with all these vendors selling stuff with my lego.  If I was Nintendo, certainly not, but people selling vintage style t-shirts and hats might be the only marketing campaign the new VCS system has.  Instead of thanking them, Fred's course is to sue them into oblivion.  As bad as Atari is with tech, they are utter buffoons when it comes to business. 

• Like 5

Mexican for dinner last night! Tacos!!!!

Or well more like wraps...

Smoked pulled pork and shrimp! With some homemade rotel made from garden ingredients in melted cheese. Delicious. Alright I'm lobbing the softball up. Whoever follows better have a good post.

20191226_183721.thumb.jpg.127dbdb3cd11a36cee262793c2cbec39.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1