IGNORED

Where do I purchase Team Pixelboy games?

tschak909

Because I have a smart home system (of which I am a developer), and I want to play them on the system throughout the house: (I EVEN MENTIONED THIS TO HIM. If he would care to reply.)

http://git.linuxmce.org/

Demo video:

(That's me in the vid, btw)

You guys are assholes. You act like a whole group of abused children who then seek to snap at others for the slights of the past.

-Thom

Whatever. I've been a part of AtariAge for over 11 years, (and was on the Stella mailing list much longer). I will keep trying to get physical copies of the carts. I figured trying to make my exact intentions known would assuage concerns, instead of trying to be sneaky about it like a thief.

Guess not.

Albert or CPUWIZ, since the question was answered almost immediately, can this thread just be locked? Thanks.

-Thom

I'm sorry, but your motive is pretty clear here...

Sorry but incorrect, Thom is a software developer and a very important member of our Atari community on here, the only issue here is how different communities react, the C64 people release digital downloads which SELL, yes they get pirated but if really believe that no one dumps your Coleco stuff then I'd suspect there's a few naughty boys on here in your own community as like it or not things often get dumped by the people closest to them. Personally I don't have a Coleco any more and I don't have an emulator for it but like many other emulation enthusiasts I know there are dumps of almost every system out there.

I admire your regard for the Coleco but there's a fine line between enthusiasts and cliques, you got asked a very reasonable question considering the nature of many communities out there, there was no piracy request and it was above board yet the response was shall we say over protective when the user made the case very open yet he in the above post gets labelled.

Not everyone has an alternative agenda, sometimes space and work dictate the wish to do things a certain way, that was made clear...

Lighten up for goodness sake...Developers DO sell digital downloads, that was all that was asked, the Atari community itself does not do digital downloads of for sale software but others do.....Hence a valid question..

Yes, I browse lots of forum simply because I can..

Paul.

Be well...

Sorry but incorrect, Thom is a software developer and a very important member of our Atari community on here, the only issue here is how different communities react, the C64 people release digital downloads which SELL, yes they get pirated but if really believe that no one dumps your Coleco stuff then I'd suspect there's a few naughty boys on here in your own community as like it or not things often get dumped by the people closest to them. Personally I don't have a Coleco any more and I don't have an emulator for it but like many other emulation enthusiasts I know there are dumps of almost every system out there.

I admire your regard for the Coleco but there's a fine line between enthusiasts and cliques, you got asked a very reasonable question considering the nature of many communities out there, there was no piracy request and it was above board yet the response was shall we say over protective when the user made the case very open yet he in the above post gets labelled.

Not everyone has an alternative agenda, sometimes space and work dictate the wish to do things a certain way, that was made clear...

Lighten up for goodness sake...Developers DO sell digital downloads, that was all that was asked, the Atari community itself does not do digital downloads of for sale software but others do.....Hence a valid question..

Yes, I browse lots of forum simply because I can..

Paul.

Be well...

Paul,

I can't speak for the others, but for me - it's the way Thom went about requesting the ROMs. He didn't need to single out Pixelboy. I have no issues with someone requesting ROMs, as long as the ROMs in question are legitimately released by the developer. But again, we have a thread dedicated to a single hombrew developer that calls them out for not selling ROM versions of their games. Pixeboy has told Thom 'no' on multiple occasions, so what was the reason behind this thread, aside from stirring the pot? None of this is going to help the Coleco community loosen up; in fact, it's going to have the opposite effect instead.

Edited by ColecoGamer

You guys are assholes. You act like a whole group of abused children who then seek to snap at others for the slights of the past.

-Thom

Hmmm. I was wondering from where I remember you. You asked me for the source code of CoolCV. And then this is your thinking for anyone saying no and of course this is justified because you have 11 years in Atariage.

I don't mind if you believe you're a hero developing open source code.

You're utterly coarse. Go to educate yourself.

In what exactly? Wow man, So I can't even state that I believe the aforementioned opinions are preposterous? Misplaced? No? That causes butt-hurt?

Wow.

As for asking you, I asked you for the same reason, so I could make patches (which I would send back to you, WITH documentation.) to add TCP/IP control so that I could integrate into my smart home system. You said not-yet, and did I pester you? no.

I mentioned a slight on behalf of Pixelboy due to the passive-aggressive mode that was switched on the moment I asked for buying ROM dumps _WITH_ the purchased games, and a willingness to buy all the games.

AND I _STILL_ WANT TO BUY ALL THE GAMES, FROM ALL OF THE COLECOVISION HOMEBREW PUBLISHERS. Because you all do fantastic work. Full stop.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

IS

WRONG

WITH

YOU

PEOPLE?!

It's like, I said "Rom dumps" ...that's all you heard, and again, abused mentality kicks in, and retaliation starts.

-Thom

In what exactly? Wow man, So I can't even state that I believe the aforementioned opinions are preposterous? Misplaced? No? That causes butt-hurt?

It's like, I said "Rom dumps" ...that's all you heard, and again, abused mentality kicks in, and retaliation starts.

-Thom

Thom, have you tried reaching out to Collectorvision and Opcode Games? What were their responses?

One thing I want to point out. Why do some people react so poorly when given a negative answer? This is a problem when dealing with customer service with customers that want you to go against policy to please them. These customer would raise a major fuss and ask for the manager and this manager would also say no or deal with the customer but it'll be on the manager. Sigh...

Anyway,

Pixelboy would give you a no, and then give you explanation. I assumed Collectorvision and Opcode would tell you the same answer. You need respect that and let it go. Not rant and rave when things don't go your way.

• Like 2

Paul,

I can't speak for the others, but for me - it's the way Thom went about requesting the ROMs. He didn't need to single out Pixelboy. I have no issues with someone requesting ROMs, as long as the ROMs in question are legitimately released by the developer. But again, we have a thread dedicated to a single hombrew developer that calls them out for not selling ROM versions of their games. Pixeboy has told Thom 'no' on multiple occasions, so what was the reason behind this thread, aside from stirring the pot? None of this is going to help the Coleco community loosen up; in fact, it's going to have the opposite effect instead.

Hi there,

I obviously can't comment on what was said privately, I really have no idea, I'm just saying I've known Thom virtually for years on the Atari side and he's been nothing but a well spoken very kind individual from a group that is in general very like that. My daughter is a recovering anorexic and we as a family are quite poor and the whole Atari group came together and paid for a PS4 and some software for her, that's the sort of people they are, thom being no different who also helped. I just don't want to see him maligned as some sort of rom thief, he's made it clear what he wants to do and it sounds like a useful upgrade to any community.

Anyway, I've said my bit, I'm not looking to start inter group wars, just saying that Thom is an upstanding member of our community and apart from ownership of the roms I can't see what the fuss is about in truth but those who own / programmed the roms have the final word, all I'd say is consider what he's offering after this has quieted down and see if you think its worthwhile and add's more to those roms in the long term.

Paul..

Old retro git..

• Like 2

Hi there,

I obviously can't comment on what was said privately, I really have no idea, I'm just saying I've known Thom virtually for years on the Atari side and he's been nothing but a well spoken very kind individual from a group that is in general very like that. My daughter is a recovering anorexic and we as a family are quite poor and the whole Atari group came together and paid for a PS4 and some software for her, that's the sort of people they are, thom being no different who also helped.

Well, if we're going to compare notes, I raised thousands of dollars to help nanochess' wife who is battling lung cancer, with the Team Pixelboy budget game series last year.

I just don't want to see him maligned as some sort of rom thief, he's made it clear what he wants to do and it sounds like a useful upgrade to any community.

In this particular thread, he's being maligned as a patronizing jerk, first and foremost. As far as ROM begging goes (and yes, I do call it ROM begging, even if he offered to pay for the ROMs) he's not the first one to ask (and he probably won't be the last) and I'll continue to apply my policy for as long as I'm active around these forums. Opcode Games and CollectorVision have similar policies, these policies are in place for a reason, and none of us will ever apologize for it.

Anyway, I've said my bit, I'm not looking to start inter group wars, just saying that Thom is an upstanding member of our community and apart from ownership of the roms I can't see what the fuss is about in truth but those who own / programmed the roms have the final word, all I'd say is consider what he's offering after this has quieted down and see if you think its worthwhile and add's more to those roms in the long term.

If he wants more Team Pixelboy ROMs to add to his living room setup (aside from the many I've already released for free on these very forums) he'll have to wait until next Christmas, like everyone else.

One last thing: tschak909 is incorrect when he says:

I mean, you don't even have so much as a formal price list, and when I outright ASKED you for a total price for everything in your catalog, you ignored it.

The last reply that I sent to him by e-mail (on June 11th) was the complete price list for all available Team Pixelboy titles. I haven't received any further e-mails from him since I sent him that price list, so if he didn't receive it, he should check his spam box. Some anti-spam applications have a hard time with long-winded e-mails.

This is a dumb thread.

Pixelboy / Luc have done incredible work with no real profit. Without Pixelboy, my Coleco shelf would be a lot more empty and many incredible games would not have happened.

Luc's contribution and work speaks for itself and should be accepted and appreciated as-is.

Scott

• Like 3

Pixelboy, I'm not looking to compare 'notes', I was just showing that he's a nice guy, I'm glad you did a good deed but its not the point and of course I hope his wife is ok, my condolences if not.

As for the rest, I'm not looking to change your ideals around roms, I've made that clear, I simply added that it sounded a nice idea, again I'm not going to be drawn on emails as I have no clue as to what is in them and none of my business....

And rom begging, so anyone who asks about what you produce in a non cart way is a rom beggar....Seriously?

Personally I think you are missing out on some money BUT you do what you like with your stuff...

Anyway, I'm out of this, its starting to get a bit clique like and that sort of stuff means no one will show any reason and just tar to be popular....

No group needs that sort of mentality.....

Good luck with your productions, I'm glad they are popular..

• Like 1

Thom, have you tried reaching out to Collectorvision and Opcode Games? What were their responses?

It would be the very same answer as the one Luc gave

Just wait till the production is soldout and you're going to have the rom file for FREE

No needs to pay, just need to have some patience

Most of our games get a rom release one day or another

Patience is the key

• Like 4

Hi there,

I obviously can't comment on what was said privately, I really have no idea, I'm just saying I've known Thom virtually for years on the Atari side and he's been nothing but a well spoken very kind individual from a group that is in general very like that. My daughter is a recovering anorexic and we as a family are quite poor and the whole Atari group came together and paid for a PS4 and some software for her, that's the sort of people they are, thom being no different who also helped. I just don't want to see him maligned as some sort of rom thief, he's made it clear what he wants to do and it sounds like a useful upgrade to any community.

I am really sorry about your daughter. Anorexia is a difficult condition to overcome, and I hope your daughter's recovery has been a positive one. I have no doubt about Thom's involvement in the Atari community or the communities themselves. And while the Coleco is my system of choice, I still buy and collect for Atari and Intellivision because of all the incredible hombrew games and people that comprise those commmunities. The last thing I want to see is an invisible barrier erected between the communities over a thread like this. At the end of the day, it's about the connections/ friendhips we forge here, and the new games we all get to play thanks to the homebrew developers that frequent here.

Paul..

Old retro git..

Agreed. There's little else that can be said from my end. Going forward, we can only hope that Pixelboy and Thom will come to some kind of understanding regarding this matter (whatever that may be).

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ColecoGamer

Personally I think you are missing out on some money BUT you do what you like with your stuff...

For guys that produce cartridges its important to maximise the sale of cartridges over overall sales. This helps lower the price of cartridges and packaging per person. For smaller user bases like coleco and intellivision it helps if people only have the one "complete in box" option. With larger user bases like the 2600 it might not matter. So in a way those that just want to play the game and don't need physical cartridges and boxes are subsidizing the price for those that do. Edited by mr_me

tschak909...if you spent a little more time searching around the Web and especially this Forum instead of going on the offensive, you would find that:

1) There is a rom dumper available already

2) A large number of Homebrew cartridge releases have been released in ROM image format in this Forum and elsewhere

3) There is a CV Fan website that has meticulously covered the Homebrew releases and what has been released to ROM image format. This website has even gone so far as to make available a downloadable ZIP archive that will save you from spending too much of your precious time searching for them individually. I helped the owner of the website with a lot of this info and the files.

4) You would know that the Publishers and / or Programmers release most of the games that they develop on their own schedule and this is the way it has been done for years around these parts.

5) You come across as being one of those types that want everything and want it now... well, life doesn't work that way, so deal with it.

If you are not happy with the way things work in this community, then move on to others systems. Lord knows there are countless numbers of other videogame, computer, handheld, arcade, pinball and calculator systems that are emulated that should keep you busy for the rest of your life playing tens of thousands of games.

• Like 2

sigh.

Too tired to reply the same thing again.

But go ahead, and assume, I just don't give a shit anymore. I will try to purchase every CV game that I can get my hands on. I just wanted to get both physical copies and ROMs.

Fucking hell...

-Thom

But go ahead, and assume, I just don't give a shit anymore.

As a moderator of this forum, if you don't give a shit anymore I strongly suggest you stop responding and move on to other topics, especially if this is the tone you are going to choose to present. Thank you.

I just wanted to get both physical copies and ROMs.

That being said, AtariMax does make a ColecoVision ROM dumper if you are interesting in having ROMs for your own personal collection. You can also dump ROMs using an ADAM computer.

sigh.

Too tired to reply the same thing again.

But go ahead, and assume, I just don't give a shit anymore. I will try to purchase every CV game that I can get my hands on. I just wanted to get both physical copies and ROMs.

Fucking hell...

-Thom

Than take a "Flying F@@k" already. You asked Pixelboy privately, he told you NO and then you went on the offensive by starting a public thread!

Who's aide do you think we are going to take around here especially after years of dealing with people getting their panties in a bunch when they are told that rom images for most releases are not made available until the publisher/programmer is ready to release them.

It all boils down to RESPECT and you showed none by starting this public thread after not liking what you were told in a private conversation.