IGNORED

Cheats for Gatreway To Apshai...

DavidMil

Nothing for the real disk although this altirra cheat tells you the location...Or play with this on Altirra :)

You will notice you start with 3 lives, just double click on the value to alter it to what you like, it will never drop from the number you choose as long as the box is ticked..

Gateway Lives.zip

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Were these any use?

The boss (aka: Spouse) Has given' me some alternate fun and exciting things to do (fix stuff). So it's going to be a couple of days till I get a chance to look at them.

But I want to thank you, because knowing you they will be just what I want. I'll let you know about Thursday or Friday.

Thanks again,

David

• Like 1

Lol...I know that alternate fun, its my wife's mother that finds those million and one 'fun' things to do when I'm round her house.

Can't make a promise they will be exactly what you want but hopefully they will help..

Paul...My pleasure...

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I tried this and it works, cheers Mclaneinc.

The reason I am cheating is because the game is cheating me!

I don't remember this happening on the original Atari back in the day, but there's some bug in this emulated game (in the .atr ROM and the .xex ROM) where, I can hit a monster over and over again (I counted over 170 times in one case!) and they just don't die. I thought maybe it was the dagger being weak (the weapon you start with) but it's happening with every other sword like the 2-Handed Sword, Longsword etc.

Sometimes I can start a level and suddenly they can be killed, but more often than not, the monsters seem to have some sort of god mode on. I can't understand it. The grey Ogre thing is one I don't think I have ever managed to kill, even though it should take less than 10 whacks. If something isn't dying from 170+ hits then it's never going to.