IGNORED

New keyboard membranes

Duddie

"Spring" version, called single layer mylar for XE is ready for ordering. Price is $25 each, shipment worldwide $10. It is pre-order, shipments will start in around 2 weeks. Later price may be higher. Not many manufactured, therefore hurry with your order!

Payments can be done via Paypal: zamowienia(at)retronics.eu

After making payment, please send e-mail to the above address with your shipping address and what you have ordered. This info can be included during Paypal payment too.

post-37739-0-04806500-1542188539_thumb.jpg

post-37739-0-72242900-1542188576_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have started production of 800 and XE single-layer mylars, next will be 1200XL and maybe 800XL. If there is still enough demand, I can make XE double-layer and 400. However, Simius produced a lot of them for XE.

When we´re talking about mylars for this Stackpole XL keyboard:

post-15670-0-26263500-1542194145_thumb.png

... then I´m pretty sure there´s a lot demand. In Germany (and maybe other countries, too) this keyboard model is found often - and more often one or more keys are not working due to defect mylars.

• Like 3

Bumping the thread. I still have a few pieces of Atari 800 mylars (not XL) which need to be tested. I do not have such keyboard. Who wants to help me? Free shipping and tester can keep the mylar after tests!

Declaring interest, just want to re-check that it‘s the matching type of keyboard. AFAIK there‘s only one type of 800 keyboard with mylars. Correct?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

When we´re talking about mylars for this Stackpole XL keyboard:

attachicon.gifType_4.PNG

... then I´m pretty sure there´s a lot demand. In Germany (and maybe other countries, too) this keyboard model is found often - and more often one or more keys are not working due to defect mylars.

Sorry for my lame question, but keyboard in my favourite 600XL looks similar:

20181124_175242.jpg

Are the mylars in 800XL and 600XL (of this type) the same? My keyboard is still working fine but I love this 600XL and I'd buy a spare mylar just in case.

greblus, 600XL and 800XL have the same mylar, but:

1. we are talking here about Atari 800, not 800XL...

2. there were also mechanical keyboards for XL series (4 types), 5th was with membrane.

I am going to manufacture 800XL mylar too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

130 XE failed the most, 1200XL had the stupid connection that fails, and the 800 needs them due to aging out, the 800XL/600XL failure seems to be often in the ribbon from keyboard to MB.

I would make a run of all but adjust quantities accordingly... ordering more for the most needed and less for the least...

my ranking but others could chime in

130XE

variant a folded mylar

variant b single sheet

1200XL

800XL/600XL

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not yet. Only XE single layer are available. Others - soon.

Ok. I hope you'll manufacture those.. That type of keyboard (the stackpole) was very very common in Chile. It was commonly seen in the last wave of 800XLs, followed by a sort period of the "stair-ed" 800XL keyboard and then the 65XE hit the market and it was also super common in my country. I guess the Mylar is better in quality (the paint) than the 65XE/130XE one, but nevertheless susceptible to failures.

Edit: for others chasing Atari Mylars, I found out that "thebrewingacademy" has double layer XE mylars.

Edited by manterola
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...