IGNORED

New keyboard membranes

Duddie

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Duddie said:

800XL mylar is nearly ready, but I am working on some improvements.

That's great news!!! All those 600XLs & 800XLs with stackpole keyboards will benefit, I will buy one, once  they are ready.

EDIT: I realized (by reading best computer website) that there are TWO versions of Stackpole keyboards, that can be identified by counting the number of screws in the lateral metal panel (4 vs 6). I hope it is not late, and you are aware of this.

Edited by manterola

Atari 800 mylar has been made. However, I am not satisfied with final result. Manufacturer is not able to improve it. I am looking for new manufacturer, but prices are crazy - probably it will never be compensated due to low demand. Additionally, I do not have any 800 with mylar keyboard for further testing.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Duddie said:

Atari 800 mylar has been made. However, I am not satisfied with final result. Manufacturer is not able to improve it. I am looking for new manufacturer, but prices are crazy - probably it will never be compensated due to low demand. Additionally, I do not have any 800 with mylar keyboard for further testing.

I‘d still be ready to test it if required. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 9:32 PM, spookt said:

Hi. Do these fit all XL keyboards with mylars or do I need to check keyboard types?

I think there is only one XL keyboard that uses a mylar (stackpole)

I just popped on here to say that mine arrived from @Duddie this morning, well packed, really quick delivery and the mylar is top quality.
Fitted perfectly in 15 minutes (I did struggle a bit with getting the console keys lined up)
Keyboard is now working perfectly, another 800XL saved.
Thanks @Duddie  (and the fudge was really tasty!)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mimo said:

I just popped on here to say that mine arrived from @Duddie this morning, well packed, really quick delivery and the mylar is top quality.
Fitted perfectly in 15 minutes (I did struggle a bit with getting the console keys lined up)

Thanks mimo -  I'll be ordering a couple come payday.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, mimo said:

I have two 800XL's here that have a mylar, one with a Stackpole keyboard and another one with an AWC keyboard. Tried to replace the defective (mylar) AWC keyboard with a non-mylar keyboard (also from AWC), but that did not work. (Too bad, because I have three defective keyboards.)

• 8 months later...