IGNORED

New keyboard membranes

Duddie

15 minutes ago, AHA said:

need a 130 xe mylar, I'm in the uk, these still available?? - I just purchased a second hand replacement keyboard for an extortionate amount of money and a week later option failed..... groan....

@AHA PM Simius. He is based in Poland but sells for 15 euro per double layer mylar plus postage. I bought 2 x for 65XE/130XE for 150pln £28 last month). Took a couple of weeks to arrive in UK. Be sure yours is a double layer mylar. They are very good quality and very easy to fit, provided you don't let all the rubber plugs from ya keyboard fall out when taking it apart. 

Edited by Beeblebrox

14 minutes ago, AHA said:

need a 130 xe mylar, I'm in the uk, these still available?? - I just purchased a second hand replacement keyboard for an extortionate amount of money and a week later option failed..... groan....

@AHA btw where did you pick up the keyboard? Have you taken it apart to look at the state of the mylar? Also if it's the option key that has failed and the keyboard is ok it may not be the mylar. There is relatively easy resistor mod you can do to piggy back resistors over the top of those in the circuit for the function keys. Might be worth it. I have loadsa resistors and happy to post some for the mod if you are comfortable with a soldering iron. PM me. Cheers 

19 hours ago, AHA said:

There are two types of mylar, make sure you order the right one 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, Keanebg1 said:

Hi folks, I am looking for a membrane for a XEGS keyboard, the rubber dome/folded over type mylar. Are these available anywhere? I am in Ireland.

Not come across new XEGS keyboard membranes before. Only the 2 x different XE ones (and the XL ones). Simius is probably ya man.

9 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Not come across new XEGS keyboard membranes before. Only the 2 x different XE ones (and the XL ones). Simius is probably ya man.

XEGS just uses one of the XE keyboards so the corresponding mylar is fine 

4 hours ago, mimo said:

XEGS just uses one of the XE keyboards so the corresponding mylar is fine 

I don't think that is the case as the XE mylars have the function buttons whereas the xegs doesn't have function buttons on the keyboard, instead they are on the console itself. 

Also the connector interface presumably is different as the XE mylars have a flat ribbon connector whereas the xegs terminates at a bespoke plug. Maybe that is interfaced inside the xegs keyboard. 

I'll double check later but I think they are different.