IGNORED

Sega Master System "Alf" hint sheet found

As far as I can tell, these letters from Sega mainly came from game counselors, who would occasionally mail them to people asking for help. Every now and then, I see one as a rare treat inside a SMS game case. They're just folded sheets of normal paper on Sega letterhead.

I recently bought a collection with a few of these included, but by far the most interesting was Alf, since it's already a pretty rare game. There are a bunch of databases and lists of these, but I can't find a scan (or even mention) of the letter for Alf anywhere.

I'm not a member of any Sega groups so I am posting here. In case this is really the first one ever found/scanned, here are the images. I know it's insignificant to most, but it's still a tiny piece of video game history =)

post-42827-0-45525800-1497277560_thumb.jpg

post-42827-0-45385100-1497277571_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I recently bought a collection with a few of these included

Great find. One of my biggest video game regrets is not taking my SMS games with me when I moved out... my mother sold her house eventually and that meant I didn't have a chance to retrieve my 5200 games, my Master System games or my Genesis games... and I had all of the SEGA printouts sent to me from the very kind game councilors (or whatever the SEGA equivalent was) tucked into the various games. Nowadays, I've replaced all of those games and have PDFs for the printouts, but I miss those original, bad xeroxes I had.

I have a gold mine of Sega Master System hint sheets, perhaps 50+, sent to me from Sega in the late 80's. Perhaps I will scan them one day if it generates interest.

This is the first I've herd of these mailers.

I would love to find out more about these and see what ppl have acquired

Yeah, I saw that list and a couple databases like it, and none of them have Alf. That's why I wanted to scan and post it *somewhere* just in case. Some of them are really useful hints too. Maybe not so much with Alf, but the one for R-Type taught me things I'd never learn on my own.

I'm not a member there, but if anyone here is, feel free to take those scan images and add them to any database you'd like =)

• 2 weeks later...

I received quite a few of these back in the day. One for R-Type, another for Phantasy Star. All you had to do was call 1-800-USA-SEGA and ask them for any tips or tricks, the CSR would take down your name and address and send them to you :) I was a repeat offender with calling them....and that 800 number is etched permanently into a section of my brain as a result :)

• 3 weeks later...